#81 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostKhereg, on 06 April 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

If anyone wants to disagree with this premise, feel free, but bottom line I don't think PGI is going to give any group of players authority/power over any other group of players via the ability to enable/restrict gameplay, transfer funds, or any other mechanism. Combined with the points that have been made above about factions not having true leadership that can speak on behalf of the faction as a whole (Who own da Clan?), and most of this conversation is rather pointless.

Agreed. The most power they even implied they might give players with "higher rank" within a faction was the ability to prospect/vote on what planets to attack next. Something that clearly hasn't been given as players just flock to whatever planet has the highest counts, and a faulty algorithm decides on the planets available for attack for us.

(Then again if PGI implemented that, the higher ranked players would choose the planet and all other players trying to find a CW match would just need to click "Attack" and be automatically brought to where they are needed when attacks are taking place. It would do wonders for wait times. Players most invested in CW could choose attack routes, and people randomly joining the faction via contract wouldn't be able to dictate any attack paths without really building their influence within the faction. Huh. Kinda sounds like it solved the issue here. :huh: )

If (and this is a huge if), anything resembling a true contract system were to be implemented, I believe PGI would absolutely retain control. That could take a number of forms; one possibility being that every faction gets a "leader", be it a Khan, President, Grand Poohbah, or what have you that is a PGI employee. But any informal or player-led system (like what we have now) will be safely ignored by anyone and everyone if they so choose and we can look forward to this thread and others like it continuing into perpetuity.

I find the points being made that "established" groups ranging back to MW2 somehow have a level of implied authority over the rest of the player base to be the most comical. Get over yourselves already. I'm not listening to you any more than you're listening to me.

I won't be able to comment on this until I've had time to think it through from a game design perspective (I'm a visual thinker, need time to imagine it and enough information to base that imagination on).

In the mean time... I found a canon contract. Food for thought.

Posted Image

Note you should read it carefully, sometimes it repeats amounts to make you think you're getting more than you really are. Like real legal documents -- it's written to confuse you and make it sound better than it really is!

Edited by Koniving, 09 April 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#82 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

View PostLOADED, on 05 April 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

Clans have a hard time defending planets because the game is LITERALLY broken.
Less player, can't hold. It's not about beeing lazy, you might want to know your stuff before you're going to cough up nonsense.

CW is broken, mapreset on 21th of april very likely.

http://mwomercs.com/...74#entry4332374

Clans DO NOT employ mercs!

What about the fact that the wolfs dragoons were in fact funded by the clans as an IS sleeper cell. That sounds like employment to me. And later clan nova cat allied with eridani light horse to reform the star league. I beleive if you check your history you will find that clans did employ and utilize mercenary units. Please review cannon history!

#83 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:06 AM

OPs solution #1 has a very, very large flaw.

Lots, and lots of players have both IS and Clan mechs on one account. They want to play both sides in CW because they like the game mode, but dont really care about the RP element of it - so for variety they want to swap. PGI is not going to alienate all of those people by stopping them from using the mechs they, in many cases, paid substantial amounts of real money for.

The reason there are so many Merc units? People want to be able to play both sides for variety in drop decks.

#84 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:14 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 05 April 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

*looks up at the name of the website*
Well it kind of it sadly...
MechWarrior Online: Mercenaries...
LOL :(

I would love how ever for there to be some difference between Clan, House and Mercs. I always felt Clans should not have Mercs, but the Clan 'Loyalist' AKA another Clan taking contracts with the Clans... These are Clan locked like loyalist and can freely move between each faction taking contracts.

Houses would be the main focus on the Inner Sphere side with them picking the targets and handing out the Merc Contracts. The House units play the game and the Mercs are there to take the pay. They do not get planets because they are mercs and not able to sustain more than one or two planets if it was a rather large merc corp... even then.

We will see what phase II and III entail... We may yet get that desire. Where Mercs still effect the game, but not so much to their choosing.

clan loyalists should be people not able to attack other clans, but they should be able to defend vs other clans and defend and attack vs IS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users