-Ms- Joins The Frr

87 replies to this topic

#21 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:43 AM

well, it seems you cant do good on the hot map, either you're accused of farming the dropships or you say to hell with this map lets rush it so we can get a better designed one. so does ms rush the hot map ? yes most certainly. do they rush the other maps like a number of groups do ? no they don't, yes on occasion they might do an all light attack for the lulz but then they go for mechs not gens.

oh and molossian dog, most of MS are in the NA timezone, so before the EU ceasefire they are lucky to have a full dropship, id hardly call that spam dropping.

i can understand you not liking MS or mercs in general but even then please stick to the facts and leave the sentimental bullshit at home, every unit does a rush at some point in time, one could even say that the expansion of the FRR is due to zerg rushing, cuz it seems like that is the only way you can expand that fast, but was that planned or are the extra bonusses PGI gives the reason for an influx of players, i dont know, im not on the FRR TS, so im not judging, you guys are expanding ? id say good for you

Edited by quantaca, 06 April 2015 - 06:54 AM.

#22 Mi Ro Ki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEta Carinae

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:24 AM

View PostBlueduck, on 05 April 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

Because factions and planets really mean anything right now. ;)

That's why you still fight hard for them right? ;)

#23 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:28 AM

Bragging rights are important to people.

#24 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

Their good units don't light rush because they actually like to play and want the early rewards without playing 300 matches so there's that in their favor.

And they'll bounce off to another house before long and we will get the opportunity to fight them again, so let the clanners around here have some fun fighting them until we get to on the next cycle.

#25 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:55 AM

Well... Maybe they will get a traditional FRR initiation welcome - I mean get beaten so hard that you can't remember your own name.
Otherwise you're not a man in Rasalgue. :D

#26 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostTank, on 06 April 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

Well... Maybe they will get a traditional FRR initiation welcome - I mean get beaten so hard that you can't remember your own name.
Otherwise you're not a man in Rasalgue. :D

I wouldn't count on it. As much as I don't like the douchebaggery that comes from -MS-, they have some extremely skilled pilots and we've felt enough of their sting to know to respect them on the field. One moment they may light rush, the next they'll pound all four of your mechs into dust at a rate that will make you contemplate rage quitting for a few days.

To summarize, if you see a bunch of MS on the field and they're on your team, fight as you would normally but try to follow the directions of the lead group. Do this, in fact, with any large group that, at the very least, shows up with a plan. We've heard this before, but I'll say it again, even if it's a bad plan you have a chance to win if everyone is invested, hard feelings aside. With a group like -MS-, they've had enough experience around the IS and clan space that they are likely not going to initiate a bad plan to begin with. They come to win, and it's the same attitude we should have, no matter where we're at. If you choose to go off and do your own thing, you'll most likely die quickly and will have done nothing for the team or the FRR.

Edited by DaemonWulfe, 06 April 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#27 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:43 PM

I love how -ms- has annoyed so many people that people hate them even when they join your side. There are a lot of honorable mercs that we're happy to see show up, but everyone hates the eye-roll inducing tryhard swarm known as -MS-.

#28 XSurusX

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostMiroki, on 06 April 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

That's why you still fight hard for them right? ;)

No we fight for Cbills and more importantly LP

#29 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostArc Viper, on 05 April 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

FRR one day and another faction another day. They go wherever the C-bills are.

No, they go wherever the easy pickings are. :ph34r:

<TO -MS-, I'm just still salty for not being able to take a single one of your legs for my collection in a match yesterday. That has never ever happened before. :(>

#30 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

I truly, truly wish there was Invasion game mode in group/pug queue. Something to let the people who don't actually care about CW but just see 'extra bonus round LP rewards' and do that go play for extra bonus magic play money go get that and do their thing.

The current incarnation of 'LP rewards' was one of the worst game design decisions PGI has made so far. It is designed to make people not care about CW or the real outcome of their matches, factions, etc. Faction vs Faction warfare environment designed to get players to play it the same way they play weekend contests that give you X rewards for each game mode, so people who hate certain game modes play them anyway to max out their rewards.

A whole game concept of faction vs faction warfare that rewards players for not caring what faction wins. It is designed to make itself pointless. You end up with groups like -MS- who have refined absolutely not caring about CW but just trying to milk the truly irrelevant, insignificant and poorly considered rewards for everything they're worth just because it's rewards, and earning rewards, no matter how stupid, pointless or insignificant, is all that matters.

Then get surprised when nobody likes or respects them and would rather NOT have them around.

What an unfortunate waste.

#31 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

<sigh>

What do you expect from -Missing $cruples-

#32 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

Strange topic .. :)

#33 Sabertooth1966

• PipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

Grrrrreeeeeatttt, There goes the neighborhood. :unsure:

#34 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:46 PM

Glad MS is here. They fight well and will be an asset towards the expansion of the FRR.
In time they will leave.

#35 HeavyMatter

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationIn a Brain near you.

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:17 PM

View PostSandersson Jankins, on 06 April 2015 - 01:19 AM, said:

I'd rather fight -MS- than have them fighting for me. Seems we have enough new blood. Clans could use some help, maybe, and I want a challenge, not PUGs!

Interesting, i thought i read somewhere that FRR PUGs are saving the FRR. Fear the PUGs, they hold diamonds amongst their rough.

#36 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

View PostEldenLance, on 06 April 2015 - 12:48 AM, said:

Have been pug droping yesterday and ran into -MS- eight man group.
The first thing i saw was a whole bunch of meta-mechs, mainly stalkers 4Ns with some tdrs and such.
I thought "Euhh, what YOU guys are doing here?... All meta? okay, whatever" and took my battlemaster as a first.(I was running a test drop deck - without 1n/5n's.) then went alt-tabbing to Xenonauts again.
I was brought back by the sound of dropship engines and VOIP orders from their 'commander':
"I want alpha and charlie lance to go alpha, and bravo lance go gamma"
Alt-tabbing back - 60 secs before the drop. sulfur.
"I repeat... ...and go for the gens."
Wait, what? What I see is that all of them have switched to lights! are they going to lightrush? At the very beginning of an attack window?! this is disgusting! euhh... And i'm in a battlemaster, great. that wouldnt have happened if i ran into FRR premade, cause I would have found them on TS.

the attack is underway, MS are shooting gens, I'm shooting clanners backs(BLR wouldnt make it for the gens anyway), then the MS leader kicks in again:
"all who die, I want you to take a haviest mech you have, I repeat..."
Oh. So this isn't a derp rush? They are going to actually play? And I have wasted my assault. not good. Okay, i'll take FANG...
"Take haviest mechs you have and go for omega!" ohhh, nooo *facepalm* "and ignore the mechs!" *atlasfacepalm*
I felt... dirty. Participating in such a unhonorable "attack"... I started to decide whither I want to eject/disco, to sabotage the rush(but this would be a dishonorable action too) or just shoot clanners and try to grab a little bit of fun. I've decided for the latter.

I hope they wont stay for too long, or they may hinder the FRR's reputation of a worthy enemy that always gives a fight.
The clogged queues may also drive our mighty PUGs away from CW, which will result into undermanned KungsArme again as soon as the MS leave. The best option would be for them to leave at once, I suppose.

TLDR: We dont want -MS- here. GO AWAY.

sadly its the only way most of -MS- can wins games, thats why the best players of mercstar are not even playing CW to carry them.... to many people get there worth from CW and winning for it to matter how they win... its sad

Edited by hybrid black, 06 April 2015 - 07:22 PM.

#37 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:31 AM

I dropped PUG with an -MS- eight man. It was a normal CW game. Their leader was very competent, we stormed in hellebore spring through alpha, grinded red team first wave to dust, kept re-grouping reinforcing and killing taking gens slowly until it was time to finish omega. Normal game, good execution, no shenanigans.
I also have played against them in a PUG drop, no shenanigans, they played fair and square. We got beat up but not as bad as one expected when IS PUGS attack Clan pre-made.

#38 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:54 AM

Confirmation bias dictates that we're more likely to remember the negative experiences amidst the more numerous good experiences. For example, I can't bring to mind any good matches I've dropped with ms, but I can memeber the ms member who was being a tool in a PUG drop over voip.

#39 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:26 AM

I have dropped several times against -MS- and experienced them as tough but fair opponents. Haven't been as impressed as I expected after all the BS that was going around.
I for one welcome -MS- to the right side for once. And I am looking forwards to maybe do a few drops with them, there is a lot that we can learn and take away from this to the advantage of the FRR.

Edited by Klappspaten, 07 April 2015 - 02:26 AM.

#40 BladeXXL

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:33 AM

Seems like -MS- is jumping on the winning-train - now when FRR grows every day! :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users