Joystick/throttle In 2015

2 replies to this topic

#1 Defunkt

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:57 PM

I did some research and found that as of when the game came out playing mechwarrior as it was intended with a HOSATO was not as balanced as mouse/keyboard...

I was just wondering if this was changed at as time went on.

I just purchased a Saitek x52 pro for Elite: Dangerous and eventually Star Citizen but would like to get as much use out of it as I can.

I used to play mechwarrior 3 back in the day when I was a kid, never had a pc able to run 4, and as the series 'died' and this is the only option available I was just wondering...

#2 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:13 PM

I've never used a joystick with Mechwarrior(2: Mercenaries/3/mwomercs.com) yet but I've heard about players having a better time using mouse/keyboard while some players having a blast using the joystick.

There are a lot of forum posts in mwomercs.com about how to setup the joystick controls but I haven't recorded any of 'em. As to the part about the series dying, I haven't noticed it slowing down any what with all the online/offline activity that are still supporting Battletech gaming.

#3 Defunkt

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

Well maybe it hasn't died. but other than MWO there hasn't been another official mechwarrior game since 4. so.

Thanks, I won't have my setup until tomorrow because the delivery guy didnt knock loud enough on friday :(

but I'll be sure to check out how to set it up beforehand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users