Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:58 AM

Hello fellow MechWarriors,

I've been playing pug a several weeks and trying CW with a couple friends lately, after sinking a bunch of money into the full Resistance pack. I'd really like to learn to drop with a unit now. Anyone know a fun but structured unit with West Coast (Pacific Time) drops happening?

#2 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:46 AM

house-kurita.enjinvoice.com

connect via teamspeak and find a team. NVKA, NS, 3TL, Arkab are always willing to play with people.

#3 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:22 AM

As Dervish says, the big names in North America for Kurita are NS (Night's Scorn), ARKB (Arkab), NKVA (North Kuritan Volunteer Army), and 3TL (3rd Takata Lancers). Honorary mentions go to 9SD and 6RNT as well.

We all use that same teamspeak mentioned above nightly to form groups both out of our own units and drawing from each other as necessary. You'll find in practice that joining one of our units doesn't restrict you from playing with others, and while Kuritan units are very concerned with being effective and winning, we place a premium on keeping a casual/lighthearted atmosphere with each other.

Chef Kerensky and I are the leaders of NKVA but we draw our recruitment from our own community offsite. I'd personally say that ARKB and NS are the ones we interact the most with and I think you'd find either of them a great fit overall. Just expect us all to tease you until you quit using LRMs if you do so we can make you into a better player. :)

#4 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:19 AM

Reinforcing what Scoops is saying - if your primary interest is CW at the moment, the groups to pay attention to are NS, NKVA, ARKB, and 3TL. For west coast time zone, I've seen plenty of each of those tags online and available.

9th Sword of the Dragon (9SD) has a significant west coast/mountain time component to our membership and we are in the process of getting better acclimated and organized for CW. If your interests are broader than CW participation and/or you seek a fairly casual atmosphere, 9SD might be good place to visit.

#5 Stickus

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll drop into the TeamSpeak sometime soon and start getting to know other Kuritans. Glad to know there is a lot of cross unit practice going on.

#6 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

House Kurita is a great faction to play with, we have tons of inter-unit cooperation.

#7 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:08 PM

If you're looking for a merc unit specifically, The Remnant plays during NA prime time and into west coast prime time. We have members all over the world though. If you're looking for a loyalist unit in house kurita, any of the above mentioned units would do you well. We in the Remnant play with Arkab, NS, and NKVA alot, they're all fabulously good units to play with and you'll have a great time in any of them.

#8 Tyrchon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:54 PM

A.C.E.S. has a large number of both East Coast and West Coast members. Two of our Unit Leaders are West Coast and lead drops. We always try to have a group running, be it in Casual Drops, Competitive Drops, or Community Warfare Drops. We are open to having people do drops with us to see what we are all about before putting applications in, so drop on by and check us out @

www.aces-hq.com

NGNG Teamspeak - ACES Channel

#9 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

View PostTyrchon, on 06 April 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

A.C.E.S. has a large number of both East Coast and West Coast members. Two of our Unit Leaders are West Coast and lead drops. We always try to have a group running, be it in Casual Drops, Competitive Drops, or Community Warfare Drops. We are open to having people do drops with us to see what we are all about before putting applications in, so drop on by and check us out @

www.aces-hq.com

NGNG Teamspeak - ACES Channel

lmao

#10 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

He said 'good.'

#11 mxlm

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

View PostStickus McWeaponis, on 06 April 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll drop into the TeamSpeak sometime soon and start getting to know other Kuritans. Glad to know there is a lot of cross unit practice going on.

Yeah, and I want to emphasize that you absolutely don't need to join a unit to be included, so long as you're on the TS. When my unit took a week's vacation in Kurita, I had no difficulty finding drops (mostly with partial NS groups) when I was on the TS. It was a pleasant experience, and very different from the way Strana Mechty works out in practice.

Just don't be afraid to join a channel and announce yourself. If you hang out in the LFG channel it's random chance whether anyone will notice, whereas if you're a particular channel (and have made yourself known), you're in when there's an opening.

#12 Lionsroar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 108 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

Try the Brethren, we're a pretty casual unit with a good number of west coast players. We area a merc (pirate) unit so we change contracts and will do short Clan contracts in between our IS ones so you get to play in different environments and use different mechs. Good bunch of guys, a lot of laughs. Some very talented players as well. One of our guys did the "bigbots" magazine that was this community spot light http://mwomercs.com/...ity-spotlight-3 and we are hosting the Urbie Derby this week. Low pressure, no mandatory training, no mandatory builds or playbooks.

#13 Tam Wolfcry

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPortland

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:49 AM

Arkab is always rolling. Those are the nicest bunch of guys (except for me). They are very accepting. Nice to see that in an online community.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users