CUAC20
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...536021b337fe8ca

CUAC10
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fdb03954930d492

dont know if i shuld use the CUAC20... help me with that

button1: 2 CLPL
button2: 2 CLPL
Button3: CUAC20

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 07 April 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#2 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:06 AM

a few thing you should consider about the DWF in generel:

1. its one of few Clan-Mechs which can use UACs/ACs effectivly - by boating them. For example by using 4 UAC10s (+ some ML as backup) or 6 UAC5.

2. Using 2 x 2 CLPL will get really hot in battle and you have to be carefull not to trigger ghostheat

however - regarding your question: have you ever tried gauss? since they provide pinpoint damage and no heat they are the best weapons for a DWF imho.

Example:
DWF-PRIME 2xGauss + 6xMPL

#3 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:11 AM

I have a DW with 4xERML, 2xGauss, 1xUAC20. The UAC20 + ERML combo works wonders in close to mid with the gauss mixed in and dual gauss is sufficient for long range engagements.

#4 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostMilesTeg1982, on 07 April 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

a few thing you should consider about the DWF in generel:

1. its one of few Clan-Mechs which can use UACs/ACs effectivly - by boating them. For example by using 4 UAC10s (+ some ML as backup) or 6 UAC5.

2. Using 2 x 2 CLPL will get really hot in battle and you have to be carefull not to trigger ghostheat

however - regarding your question: have you ever tried gauss? since they provide pinpoint damage and no heat they are the best weapons for a DWF imho.

Example:
DWF-PRIME 2xGauss + 6xMPL

i want to use clpl on purpose... and a dire gets his arms stripped preaty fast.... so i wuld put these 2 gauss in the ST

i dont play my assaults as brawlers .... i let the mediums do the damage taking

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 07 April 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#5 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

OK, went to smurfy and built the whale I was talking about.

4xERML, 1xUAC20, 2xGauss

#6 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:20 AM

DWF-PRIME 2xGauss + 2 LPL + 4 MPL

You've got the Alpha of an Timberwolf and an Jagermech combined in a nice package of 84 damage on up to 400m. This thing is a beast and everyone who looks into your eyes will hate the day they stepped into your line of sight.

2 alphas in succession are possible. After that you should chainfire your lasers and keep the gauss firing. The only thing that can beat you in a dps race are UAC/5 builds in the King Crab and the Direwolf.

#7 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

http://metamechs.com...ides/dire-wolf/

#8 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:45 AM

It kills me to have to say this - but it's where we are in this game with clan UACs. You're better off stuffing 4 small pulse lasers into that right arm than a UAC20... The SPLs will pile the damage on faster and more accurately - without the risk of jamming or storing ammo all over the place. The only way to do UACs on the clan side is massed quantities. The Gauss Rifle is the only ballistic weapon the clans have that's truly worth the tonnage if you're only carrying one of them. That's balance for you.

#9 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:46 AM

I personally hate CUACs because of their jam nature. I just can't seem to make 'em work. As a result, I go with standard CACs or CLBXs.

Compare the LBX 2 to the Standard and UAC 2s. They all deal the same amount of damage per shot. They all throw out two shots. The main differences are:

UACs fire faster than LBX or Standards but at risk of jamming
Standards have a slightly longer firing duration than LBXs

Last time I checked the stats, they all had the same reload time. I personally threw out all my UACs because they kept jamming at inconvenient times and getting me killed. I was running standard AC/2s when I started experimenting with LBX/2s. What I found was that the two systems have the same reload time and about the same projectile spread. However, the LBX/2 fired slightly faster overall because it fired both shells simultaneously instead of one right after the other. I tried boating LBX/2s instead of Standard AC/2s and actually found my damage and kills go up in game. I even got my second 1000+ damage match in a Daishi using them. So, now I run quad LBX/2s, an LBX/20, and quad CERMPLs on one of my Daishi and love it!

Obviously, this doesn't work for every AC round. The larger the caliber, the more the spread with the LBX. Looking at your Mechs, it appears that you are going for relatively quick firing rates with mid-range combat in mind (as dictated by your primary weapons; CERLPLs). I would personally recommend the AC/10 over the 20 in this case. You will have ammo shortages with the 20 and will need to get much closer than the 10. The 10, on the other hand, will mesh more nicely with the CERLPLs and generate lower heat per shot. To me, the 10 is the obvious choice.

All that being said, I would stay away from CUACs. If you want stream shots, go with standards. If you want fast firing, go with LBX. CUACs will leave you in a lurch when you least expect them to do so.

These are my three Dires:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8dc7be049707e16
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...716e0d03d9676f5
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4d5b5068eff89d3

Edited by Nightmare1, 07 April 2015 - 10:52 AM.

#10 Stickjock

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostWrathful Scythe, on 07 April 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

DWF-PRIME 2xGauss + 2 LPL + 4 MPL

You've got the Alpha of an Timberwolf and an Jagermech combined in a nice package of 84 damage on up to 400m. This thing is a beast and everyone who looks into your eyes will hate the day they stepped into your line of sight.

2 alphas in succession are possible. After that you should chainfire your lasers and keep the gauss firing. The only thing that can beat you in a dps race are UAC/5 builds in the King Crab and the Direwolf.

I've not run my Direwolf's too much... but have this exact build that really does work well...

#11 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:47 AM

View PostMilesTeg1982, on 07 April 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

This! All day this, dual gauss + a stupid amount of backup weapons when people get in close. Gauss is a must for DWs in my opinion, all of mine are above 3.0 KDRs and they all use gauss in some form or another, with a varied mix of secondary weapons.

Triple gauss + 2 SRM6 is fun
2 Gauss + a boat load of lasers
2Gauss 2 CERPPCs and a T COMP7
my personal favorite is the DWS + 2 Gauss+ 2ERMLs+ 1ERLPL+ 3SRM6s. It wrecks face...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users