What's The Most Missile Hardpoints You Can Get On A Clan?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Kyp Durron

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

I'm sure someone has worked all the permutations of omnipods. I'm running thru the permutations now but if someone already knows the answer it would be nice.

So far I haven't done better than the six you can get on a Mad Dog A

#2 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:06 AM

Maddog A with 6 few other with 5 but 6 is the best I can see in Smurfy

#3 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:09 AM

View PostKyp Durron, on 07 April 2015 - 03:40 PM, said:

I'm sure someone has worked all the permutations of omnipods. I'm running thru the permutations now but if someone already knows the answer it would be nice.

I know why you are asking, and yes, the answer is that the 6-NARC MDD-A is a fantastic mech. Use the old Jager AC2 script to fire them rapidly in salvo mode.

#4 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:29 AM

6 NARC stuck to a mech should allow you to take remote control of it and make it kill its teammates.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:56 AM

View PostDino Might, on 08 April 2015 - 07:09 AM, said:

I know why you are asking, and yes, the answer is that the 6-NARC MDD-A is a fantastic mech. Use the old Jager AC2 script to fire them rapidly in salvo mode.

That made my day.

Suicide rush. NARC everyone with a horde of ROFLwalkers behind you.

With NARCs and a team of Roflwalkers... you would decimate the enemy. >.>; Provided the Mad Dog lives long enough.

#6 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:19 PM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 08 April 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

6 NARC stuck to a mech should allow you to take remote control of it and make it kill its teammates.

PGI PLZ nerf NARC OP.

Not sure what you are after OP, but there is also the question of which mech can run the most and actually utilize the missiles well.

LRM? I dunno, only effective clan LRM mech Ihave ever really observed was a warhawk. I run them on lulz Adder loadouts occasionally, and do fine considering the tonnage.

SRM? Mostly TBR because of backup weapon ability and brawl sustainability. But a Summoner is ok here also. Seen Crows run them, meh they do laser vomit better. Mad Dog fits the bill here too but is kinda fragil for a SRM boat mech IMO. Spladder is also amusing.

Streaks? LOL Summoner Streakboat is my favorite clan troll boat. Equip with the clapping monkey thing standing item and the screaming Surrat warhorn for maximum lulz. SSRM6 those FS9's, the tears are deliceous. And of course again SSpladder, though the JJ on the summoner plus the inability for the hunted lights to actually effectively retaliate because you tank like a boss gives Summoner the edge here IMO.

#7 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:36 AM

play the superannoying locked and load doge. and spamchainfire your opponent to get mad and probably not recognise that there are streaks amongst those lrms when he is below 200m range xD

#8 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostKyp Durron, on 07 April 2015 - 03:40 PM, said:

That would be the max. What kind of a build were you looking to make? Streak or lrms?

My most effective Clan missile boat involves the use of what I like to call the Clan Targeting Package: a combination of TAG, Clan Active Probe, and a high-level T-Comp. This effectively cuts your lock-on time to about half a second, and if you (or somebody else) can TAG a target, even less. It also gives your secondary Clan lasers a big punch for when enemies get close. I prefer to use pulse lasers.

WHK-SCUD

As far as streak boats go, the most effective is probably the Streak-Crow, with Streak-Adder and TBR-D also being popular choices. I've also had great success with a modification of the SMN-B. The Summoner's speed boost quirks combined with the JJ's make for a very maneuverable mech, which is an asset if you're dealing with a wave of Firestarters.

SMN-Streakboat

Edited by Repasy, 10 April 2015 - 08:12 AM.

#9 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:33 PM

View PostEldagore, on 09 April 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

PGI PLZ nerf NARC OP.

Not sure what you are after OP, but there is also the question of which mech can run the most and actually utilize the missiles well.

LRM? I dunno, only effective clan LRM mech Ihave ever really observed was a warhawk. I run them on lulz Adder loadouts occasionally, and do fine considering the tonnage.

SRM? Mostly TBR because of backup weapon ability and brawl sustainability. But a Summoner is ok here also. Seen Crows run them, meh they do laser vomit better. Mad Dog fits the bill here too but is kinda fragil for a SRM boat mech IMO. Spladder is also amusing.

Streaks? LOL Summoner Streakboat is my favorite clan troll boat. Equip with the clapping monkey thing standing item and the screaming Surrat warhorn for maximum lulz. SSRM6 those FS9's, the tears are deliceous. And of course again SSpladder, though the JJ on the summoner plus the inability for the hunted lights to actually effectively retaliate because you tank like a boss gives Summoner the edge here IMO.

I actually got killed by a streak-toting Mad Dog tonight because I didn't realize (there were like four other mechs to target) he was built for point-blank shenans. His team still lost hard because they let half of their dudes get killed up on the platform on crimson straight and our entire team pretty much jumped literally down their throats. 12 and 2, I think?

#10 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 08 April 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

Fear the narcdog
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aac7fe3c158ba5c

#11 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 13 April 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

You're doing it wrong...

#12 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:03 AM

View PostHydrocarbon, on 13 April 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

You're doing it wrong...

It's a mad dog, nothing can be done wrong in it.

#13 DrunkenAntichrist

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWaiting in ambush somewhere

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:30 PM

My preference is 6xSRM6+A 2xERML for the MDD-B

With a little patience, those lights will come your way and go boom shortly thereafter. Then you can hunt down the sick and injured, like a vulture.... :D

#14 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

I have a MadDog B with 5 CERMLs, 6 C-LRM5s and heatsinks and ammo to spare (over 1500 missiles)

Just remember to be aggressive, move up with your team, and just behind them if need be.. attack and prod as you go, and remember the two simple rules ABS and FAE

Always Be Shooting (if you got a lock, Lrms need to follow)
And
Fire At Everything (if it is in LRM range, it doesn't matter if it is full health, half health, almost dead, Light to Assault, You need to fire at it)

and also remember those are your suppressors, not your money makers. That's why you got the 5 lasers,

Chain fire them for low low heat and fire off all of them for a heaver hammer it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a8f0df4ed5b2177

Edited by Seph MacLeod, 15 April 2015 - 03:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users