4 replies to this topic

#1 DarkRagexx74

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 23 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

Can anyone tell me how to take the joystick inputs in the "Settings->Controller->Configure Axis" section of the controller setup in game and make them blank fields? In the JOYSTICK column near the top, I would like Torso Twist, Pitch, Analog Throttle and Analog Turn to be blank. No matter what I do I can't get those to be blank. The game seems to force me to have something there. I'm trying to use AutoHotKey to remap the joystick function to do something else. I don't want to drive using the joystick but the game seems to be determined I do so if I have a controller installed. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

#2 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

Only way I know is the same for anything, pick something else to assign it to or map a different thing there.

#3 DarkRagexx74

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 23 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:55 PM

I really appreciate the suggestion bro, but I can't remap it to something else. MWO will only accept remapping of it with another axis. What I mean is that I can only replace the stick axis with another axis. I want it to have no input at all. I've used AutoHotKey to assign functions to the stick... for instance it shoots my weapons groups 3,4,5 &6 with no issues except that MWO refuses to release it from being my leg motion/throttle axis... and so, every time I shoot or use the stick for whatever function, the mech takes a few steps fwd,back, left and right as well... tends to throw off my aim. I've been able to use your method to get rid of TWIST, PITCH and ANALOG TURN. I replaced the first with the stick axis... then the second with the same stick axis which blanked out the first and left it empty and then the same with the third which now left the first two empty... but the last needs another axis to swap to and I don't have an option. I can't get rid of the last one. It will not take a regular key binding... It absolutely needs an axis bound to it. Does anyone at all have a clue as to how to get rid of the last one?

#4 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:37 PM

I'm sorry to say that I think you can't. I've heard editing xml files to control your actions on the map is against the TOS.

#5 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:12 AM

lowest sensitivity and a massive deadzone?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users