"a Hardcore Shooter From The Makers Of One Of Battlefield's Best Mods"

6 replies to this topic

#1 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:01 AM

For those of you who love squad based FPS action with a bit more in dept tactics and strategy, you might want to take a look at this up coming game

Squad is a 100-player military shooter from a melting pot of people who worked on Project Reality, a popular Battlefield 2 mod that made the game significantly more realistic. Without getting too long-winded about it, I will say Project Reality is the most fun I've ever had lying in a ditch wetting myself at the prospect of an artillery barrage for 45 minutes. It requires hella tactical planning and isn't always fast-paced, but it's provided me with some experiences no other game has. Think a midpoint between Battlefield's sometimes over-the-top ridiculousness and Arma's "sir, yes sir!" devotion to even the creaky dregs, the ugliest latrines of the battlefield, and you're on the right track.

http://steamed.kotak...fiel-1695993653

And they are well on their way to get greenlight on Steam :
http://steamcommunit...s/?id=402654862

Full disclosure: I'm an active moderator on the Project Reality website but for the rest I'm not associated to the Squad team endeavor. I'm just a believer the PR spirit deserves a full fledged dedicated game ;)

Edited by Saobh, 08 April 2015 - 05:04 AM.

#2 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:10 AM

Well I was a bit skeptical about this when I first saw this - you know, because ARMA - but then I thought about it, and the closest games on the market I could think of are ARMA, Red Orchestra 2 and Insurgency. I'd say there's still some space between Insurgency, the easy-to-learn, hard-to-master bare-bone infantry combat, and ARMA with its 2500 keys to remember. And RO2 is doing its WW2 thing.

The only thing I really wanna complain about is JESUS CHRIST ENOUGH GRAY FILTERS ALREADY

#3 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:07 AM

Well they've just been greenlit on Steam (with more then 40000 votes) ! that was honestly quicker then we'd all thought

An interview with 2 of the DEVs (IronTaxi & Chuc)

And some pre-alpha gameplay (so yes its still pretty basic) :

#4 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

And for those interested their Kickstarter is LIVE !

50 vs 50 tactical combat on a modern game engine here we come :D

https://www.kickstar...dustries/squad/

(Its all ingame footage btw)

#5 Cupid and Psyche _

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts
  • LocationUnion DropShip

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for sharing guys. The game seems really interesting. It reminds me of Bad Company 2 a bit ^_^ , but on a much larger scale.

I'm interested to see how it will do once it takes off.

#6 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

Oh man.

I loved Project Reality back when I used to play BF2. I remember crawling through grass for hours. Another game, 6 full-crewed tanks in 2 squadrons with full on VOIP and spotters blasting across a 3km map at one another. It's insane amounts of fun.

A full on Reality Mechwarrior would be interesting, too.

#7 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:11 AM

BTW guys what is your honest opinion on the Kickstarter page ? I'm all the more interested by those who didn't know or Project reality and what this game was about.

From a quick glance does it convey enough information about the planned game ? enough visuals to have an idea how it'll look like and play ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users