99 replies to this topic

#1 Eddison Trend

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:15 AM

Hi mates ,

You used to know me as Hronis1974 , and i was a member of FRR fro a brief period of time , till i decided to go and check how clans do things for a few days , and so i re-activated this old account since i didnt want to break my contract with FRR .
What i saw while playing for the other side , totaly and negatively surprised me . Ligh rushes , drop point camps , mockery , insults and lots of T-baging , are just some of them . Things i never expected to see from IS players . Granted house KURITA its the worst of em all , but second worst is you guys...the FRR. I quess that by calling to arms everyone whom was willing to help you guys , you attracked some ppl and teams , that dont uphold all the ethical and morale standarts you are claiming to have .
One would say "you dont like it , then leave..." and so i did . Altho i origanly joined clan wolfs just for a few days and just to take a look on the other side , the IS attitude and behavior was so ugly , that i came back to my original account , played a few solo games to earn some c-bills , in order to break the perma contract with FRR , and so i did . Now on this account (Eddison Trend) , i took a perma contact with clan wolfs , whom btw are like how the FRR used to be....full of pugs on trial mechs and whom they are straggling to hold their ground , while fighting on all fronts .
I am not going to go into the process of calling ppl and teams out about what they ve been doing that past few days , cuz i am not that kind of person . I am going to tell you tho guys , that you are not on the right path . Granted not all whom are curently serving in FRR ranks are like that , but for sure the majority are .
So , so far you havent lost more than just me , just a single person , but if you "Sons of Odin" keep this attitude up , totaly forgeting that behind the monitors are normal ppls whom they deserve no hate about just being on the other side , more ppl gonna slip your fingers and join the clans .

Thats all i had to say , out of good heart and under no mood to insult anyone . I just wanted to bring into your attention some things i found , like i said..."ugly" .

Good day to you all guys :)

#2 Nazar24

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 94 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:19 AM

Die clanner

#3 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:22 AM

Ed, ed ,ed ... we have a little missunderstanding here. We never claimed to be 'nice' to the clanners, From day one especially clan wolf pilots where comming here to trashtalk us and generally be {Richard Cameron}. And you know, you get what you give.

What makes the FRR special is not that we have lots of people in trial mechs that struggle. What makes it special is that everybody, if member of a unit or a PUG, is willing and able to pull his weight. We are also willing to take newbies along and let them learn if they are willing to give it their best shot. The FRR is special because we stick tight and not because we are 'nice' to clanners. Never done that, never will.

Our PUGs are dangerous enough to kick the asses of more than just a few units out there, for one because a FRR player has to fight hard in CW, but also because the FRR units are willing to share their expertise and make the whole thing fun for anybody that joins the FRR hub.
There are days on which the FRR feels more like one big unit with a lot of different companies.

Edited by Klappspaten, 09 April 2015 - 06:23 AM.

#4 Tam Wolfcry

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPortland

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:43 AM

This thread is HI-larius. Seriously? you want to complain about IS pilots? You want to complain about CW when PGI refuses to balance Clan vs IS match ups? Light rushes are the only way for IS to have a chance of winning on the attack. Don't like it? Yell at PGI.

Poor attitude? When you are constantly fighting against unfair odds day after day...yeah...you tend to get a little angry over it. When you clanners actually act like clanners (like restricting the number of mechs you bring according to clan lore), then maybe I'll have a little more respect for you. But you seem to be perfectly happy to get away with what PGI lets you. So don't expect any quarter from us.

Oh...and I don't see the clan territories shrinking.[Redacted].

#5 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:45 AM

View PostTam Wolfcry, on 09 April 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

Light rushes are the only way for IS to have a chance of winning on the attack. Don't like it? Yell at PGI.

No they aren't.

#6 Eddison Trend

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:52 AM

Ok mates , as it looks , and judging from other FRR posts aswell , you already know whats going on , but some of you believe that exctracting "vengance" from your opponents by mockery and such , is "fair justice" . So be it .
I came here just to warn you about the sleepery slope you are walking , i thought i owe it to you cuz , in general you were nice to me before . I kept my other account as an IS one , so one could say that i kept the "door open" just in case .
Be adviced tho ,that if you ppl keep behaving like this , and when time comes for FRR to make another "calling to arms" , many ppl that joined you this time , will reconsider .

Thats all i had to say , and i am not feeling confortable on keep posting on that matter , so i ll just stop here.

Ty all for all the good times :)

P.S. oh btw...as a clanner , i am going to defeat , after defeat , after defeat....so , so much about clans "supremacy" and all....we are facing assaults with mediums and and thats more or less all what we can only do .....just saying.

Edited by Eddison Trend, 09 April 2015 - 06:58 AM.

#7 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:20 AM

You want to complain about CW when PGI refuses to balance Clan vs IS match ups? Light rushes are the only way for IS to have a chance of winning on the attack.

Here in the FRR we have no problems at all facing up clan mechs, with pug groups and not on comms so if you think light rushing is the only way to win you are definitely running with the wrong crews. Good lolz though, genuinely made me laugh.

@Hronis/Ed - We recently picked up a bunch of merc groups that seemingly had no where else to go as well, and this is apparently the only house that wouldn't pay them so its one of their last stops to get the rewards.

There's also a reason I invited you to run with OLD and not the younger kids. Kids behave like kids really not much more you can say about that - it is what it is. Sorry our times didn't line up though mate, have fun on the clan side!

#8 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:28 AM

View PostEddison Trend, on 09 April 2015 - 06:52 AM, said:

Ok mates , as it looks , and judging from other FRR posts aswell , you already know whats going on , but some of you believe that exctracting "vengance" from your opponents by mockery and such , is "fair justice" . So be it .
I came here just to warn you about the sleepery slope you are walking , i thought i owe it to you cuz , in general you were nice to me before . I kept my other account as an IS one , so one could say that i kept the "door open" just in case .
Be adviced tho ,that if you ppl keep behaving like this , and when time comes for FRR to make another "calling to arms" , many ppl that joined you this time , will reconsider .

Thats all i had to say , and i am not feeling confortable on keep posting on that matter , so i ll just stop here.

Ty all for all the good times :)

P.S. oh btw...as a clanner , i am going to defeat , after defeat , after defeat....so , so much about clans "supremacy" and all....we are facing assaults with mediums and and thats more or less all what we can only do .....just saying.

You do realize that we do not treat the other IS houses that way? Not even all of the clans, its mostly clan wolf.

#9 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:30 AM

View PostNazar24, on 09 April 2015 - 05:19 AM, said:

Die clanner

this post brings great joy
hearts of dragons beat as one
we say, 'die clanner'

Edited by Scoops Kerensky, 09 April 2015 - 07:37 AM.

#10 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:45 AM

Light rushes are the only way for IS to have a chance of winning on the attack.

Nope, just the easiest.

Groups I lead (and I regularly lead CW groups) don't light rush. There's no need. I also discourage trash talking.

Others have long investments in Clans vs IS, and many enjoy the trash-talking aspect, or are sick of being talked trash to by clanners (yes, they do it too). Others still come from games where it's an expected part of play (ick, but they exist). It's not just an IS thing, or a clanner thing, but in general, I find it's a small part of the community.

As for tactics, making the most out of a map and using what advantages you can is hardly cheating. Clans have superior range, durrability, access to ECM, and firepower, but you don't hear me complaining when they use it. On some maps, spawn camping is hard to avoid since the spawns are also good areas to hole up as an attacker. Clans, with their long range, actually have it easier spawn camping. Clans also have the easiest time dealing with a light rush (IS vs IS, there's very little you can do to defend against it).

#11 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

This thread is HI-larius. Seriously? you want to complain about IS pilots? You want to complain about CW when PGI refuses to balance Clan vs IS match ups? Light rushes are the only way for IS to have a chance of winning on the attack. Don't like it? Yell at PGI.

light rushes against gens are lame and unnecessary. Especially against clan wolf who im pretty sure dont have a single unit worth mentioning.

View PostBront, on 09 April 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

Others have long investments in Clans vs IS, and many enjoy the trash-talking aspect, or are sick of being talked trash to by clanners (yes, they do it too). Others still come from games where it's an expected part of play (ick, but they exist).

lol dude trash talk is a part of every videogame. you should hear the **** i say to people in tiger woods golf

#12 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 09 April 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

lol dude trash talk is a part of every videogame. you should hear the **** i say to people in tiger woods golf

Oh yeah, trashtalk is important, of course there is a line one shouldn't cross, but other than that, anybody who takes it serious should go get his screws tightened.

#13 Killaxis

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:02 AM

View Postsycocys, on 09 April 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

Here in the FRR we have no problems at all facing up clan mechs, with pug groups and not on comms so if you think light rushing is the only way to win you are definitely running with the wrong crews. Good lolz though, genuinely made me laugh.

@Hronis/Ed - We recently picked up a bunch of merc groups that seemingly had no where else to go as well, and this is apparently the only house that wouldn't pay them so its one of their last stops to get the rewards.

There's also a reason I invited you to run with OLD and not the younger kids. Kids behave like kids really not much more you can say about that - it is what it is. Sorry our times didn't line up though mate, have fun on the clan side!

I agree with Sycosys on this...OLD DOES NOT LIGHT RUSH....never have...never will...we fight honorably and to the Death! Just so happens when we roll well we generally do nicely. Sorry for your trouble, but OLD does not insult our competition. On the rare occasion someone does say something stupid (I know I have) we all call them out over Comms and usually the person apologizes right then and there. OLD just likes to play and have fun, with an emphasis on fun.

#14 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:04 AM

Your post has completely changed my attitude on video games and life in general. Thank you.

Now die clanner.

#15 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:12 AM

lmao

#16 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:32 AM

Good duels o7

Hustle. Loyalty. Respect.

#17 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:38 AM

I just have to say at this point, the NKVA forum signatures never fail to make me chuckle.

#18 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:39 AM

How are light rushes and spawn camping ethics issues? Both of those are caused by the defending team not doing their job.

As far as trash talking, that is evident in like every online game ever. I don't participate in it usually because I would rather just play the game, but I do respond to salty rage posting in game.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 09 April 2015 - 08:39 AM.

#19 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:40 AM

First of all clan wolf is not "fighting it out on all fronts" I know this cause I have a jade falcon alt and falcon commanders stated they have a non aggression pact with clan wolf, likewise I doubt house Steiner has much issue with clan wolf when their major fight is with Falcons

Second of all it's difficult to address ethics cause everyone has s different ethic code. Do you find daragtory words used in lore like "vatborn" and die clanner to be offensive? Or is it more serious , besides I believe you can turn off genchat or if it crosses the line and becomes personal just report them to PGI , complaining on the forums won't accomplish much results though , we can't control what people type in genchat

Edited by Czarr, 09 April 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#20 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:08 AM

Eddison comes here because õf a recent drop. We beat the clanners fair and square and there was one survivor. A kit fox that we legged, took out the arms and fed to our STD60 Urbie player. Eddison was very disapointed with the inhumane treatment we gave to a mech.
Apparently Eddison lost his sense of humor when he turned his FRR coat to a clan safety blanket.
BTW if you open your eyes you also see many light rushes and other nastiness on clan side. Feigned ignorance or just hipocrisy?

Edited by goatreich, 09 April 2015 - 09:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users