Blood Asp Or Savage Coyote?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:11 AM

At first I was all about the meta-god http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Blood_Asp but then I came around a mech that is actually quite close to it - http://www.sarna.net...i/Savage_Coyote So I tried to make a comparison:

Blood Asp:
  • Released earlier (TRO-3060 vs TRO-3067)
  • Slightly faster (65 vs 54 kph)
  • High-mounted energy and ballistics (dezgra camping!)
Savage Coyote:
  • Slightly more pod space (45 vs 42 tons)
  • 5 tons lighter (potentially important for CW)
  • High-mounted missiles (dezgra lurming!)
So what do you people think?

#2 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:30 AM

What? Savage Coyote is direwolf speed, Blood Asp is warhawk speed, and then there is the high mounted ballistics, the ECM... Its not even a contest. If the savage coyote was released now i wouldnt even consider buying it, and if the Blood Asp was released id probably never play another mech. The Blood Asp should not be released because its too good.

#3 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 09 April 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

The Blood Asp should not be released because its too good.
no worries, by the time 3060-67 rolls around in mwo, it will be your great-grandkids problem to balance, not ours.

#4 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:01 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 09 April 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

ECM

TRO-3067 states that C config also has ECM, but it is not listed in equipment layout... so I do not know. Also if the Asp is too good to release you will have to settle with the Coyote anyway ;)

#5 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:15 PM

Blood ASP hands down. High mounted ballistics, jumpjets, ecm, decent speed for an assault mech. Plus on the more modern drawings it has a very sleek frame which means hArder to hit. Its got pretty much alL the positive strenghts a me h needs

#6 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

honestly being the nerd i am i would love to have at least one mech from all 12 clans so BOTH i guess? But if i were to choose one it would be the blood asp. Honestly though i want the Hellion , it's awesome looking ( a lot cooler looking then the "come at me bro" design of the fire moth) and packs more firepower then both the myst lynx and the kit fox, light rushes would be just too fun and make spheroids QQ all over the forums!

Hellion

Edited by Grimwill, 09 April 2015 - 03:12 PM.

#7 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:51 PM

Blood Asp (AKA the Metatinator).

#8 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:16 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 09 April 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

TRO-3067 states that C config also has ECM, but it is not listed in equipment layout... so I do not know. Also if the Asp is too good to release you will have to settle with the Coyote anyway ;)

http://www.solaris7....Info.asp?ID=993

Blood Asp A and B have ECM in the CT. C variant does not have ECM. And i wouldnt settle for the Coyote, as previously mentioned i wouldnt touch it with a bargepole. If i want to go Dire Wolf speed i will drive a Dire Wolf, thanks.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 10 April 2015 - 02:17 AM.

#9 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

I would settle for a Deimos-Prime! :D

But in all seriousness, this is a tough question indeed! If I had to choose just one, I'd go with the Blood Asp. But only by a hair!

#10 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

easy answer - Blood Asp

#11 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:24 AM

View PostRepasy, on 22 April 2015 - 08:47 PM, said:

I would settle for a Deimos-Prime! :D
But in all seriousness, this is a tough question indeed! If I had to choose just one, I'd go with the Blood Asp. But only by a hair!

Why, yes! Just read about Deimos, it actually looks great, right in the middle between the two. Too bad it comes out later than these two. Also Savage Coyote appears to have third largest pod space of all Clan omnis after Dire Wolf and http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Tomahawk_II That has got to count for something, quiaff?

#12 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:41 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 23 April 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

Why, yes! Just read about Deimos, it actually looks great, right in the middle between the two. Too bad it comes out later than these two. Also Savage Coyote appears to have third largest pod space of all Clan omnis after Dire Wolf and http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Tomahawk_II That has got to count for something, quiaff?

Quiaff! That's what makes it such a hard decision. I put a high value on speed, hence why between the two I'd go for a Blood Asp. I cannot ignore the armament potential of the Savage Coyote either, but it just wouldn't fit into my personal play style.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users