Looking For Group Challenge

198 replies to this topic

#181 RonanFrost

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:11 AM

Putting effort into not merely griefing the forum like most seem to. I attempted this challenge from a pug purist perspective, in part due to time constraints, and made a huge mistake by not just working it through with my unit. I justified the decision not to essentially cheat my way through it with any of a number of large units I run with, because at heart I'm a beta-tester and I wanted to see just how it worked.

Every group I got into was a Minimum of 3-5 minutes of musical chairs between drops. Every group was a waiting game to get everyone in the right mech class and readied up. I made one post about adding weight class indicators, but between people afk-farming LFG (already), and people ditching out of impatience, or because the group lead didn't use an invite-only group, it was a complete fustercluck.

I missed out on 500 MC because I attempted to be a community person, community player, rather than a unit-bound shut-in. Assuming this was a test of LFG, grats, I certainly hope this shed light on some issues with it, because otherwise my time was wasted for free, versus everyone else that essentially cheated it out with their unit and got theirs completed. Please make good on the hours of frustration that I just donated to you, yet again.

All things in perspective, I'm still a fan, and still love what you guys continue to do. I'm just trying to make back the MC I irrevocably wasted on the Boar's Head (100tons of disappointment).

#182 ulrin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

But, but...
Why cant i pack my all new island item wiz my hula girl in the same cockpit... :(

#183 rook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:43 AM

Was there ever a fix or explanation for the "CW matches counts as 4-mans only" bug?

#184 Deacon Grimm

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

Did the same thing , made it all the way thru the challenge , it took me about 30 drops.

you are right , there are a lot of things that need tweaking , but I enjoyed it.

there are a lot of great mech drivers out there.

#185 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:08 AM

Well we certainly did find a few things for PGI to polish, which I'm sure was the whole reason behind this Challenge. Sadly I fell just short because I acted as a Community Member and helped others achieve their goals, instead of being a "me, me, me" player, kicking people out of cue to make the group size to something I needed, which I feel would have been just plain rude. Overall, way too much time was wasted getting the group sizes to work, ie, players either leaving because they didn't even bother to ask what group size you were trying to get together, or those that just would NOT ready up for whatever reasons.

Would love to see another event like this sometime, with a few aspects tweaked, as it DID bring new people together and doubled as a great recruiting tool.

On a side note, I commend this community, at least those that I encountered throughout my attempts, as I only found one person I would consider rude. That says ALOT for an Online game. Thankful our genre brings out the older and more mature players.

Congrats to all those that Achieved their Islands or 500 MC!

Edited by Morgana, 13 April 2015 - 10:09 AM.

#186 Deacon Grimm

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:17 AM

In just about every group I dropped with we helped people get the group size they needed.

People hopped in and out to try and make sure it happened for all , it was great to see and quite a good time. ;)

#187 percolated1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUpper left coast of the USA

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

This was a lot of fun for me, though I noticed some frustrated folks trying to get those last couple elusive drop group numbers yesterday. Got two of the last three points for the challenge pretty much by accident, just because my 7-year old happened to be pulling a naughty bender when I might have been trying to group hop to find my magic number. And the last one I dropped with my Seraphim brethren, which made for a nice conclusion to the event.

#188 Oddmund

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

So where do i go to choose my mc or island item?

#189 Firecrafter

• PipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:38 AM

View Postdankith, on 13 April 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

So where do i go to choose my mc or island item?

You can pick your prize here.

#190 Oddmund

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostFirecrafter, on 13 April 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

You can pick your prize here.

Would have been better to just choose it when you log in to mech but what ever. thanks firecrafter

#191 Stanislause

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

Where would the consumable packs show up at? If I haven't unlocked them in pilot module skills, will I get them later when I do unlock the skills?

#192 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

View Postdankith, on 13 April 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

Would have been better to just choose it when you log in to mech but what ever. thanks firecrafter

Would be better, but it doesn't mean that the code can support that kind of functionality within the game client. (sometimes its easier to do it through a web API. )

Edited by SpiralFace, 13 April 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#193 Stanislause

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:50 PM

View Postrook, on 13 April 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

Was there ever a fix or explanation for the "CW matches counts as 4-mans only" bug?

My brother had this. I sat through several matches with him and watched him get above min scores and he only got the 4 group one. :/

#194 Artanizzz

• PipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Yep, it would be nice if PGI could explain the CW matches count....

#195 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:44 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 11 April 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

I assume most ignore CW because the point/time ratio is quite bad compared to normal game modes.

given the choice of 5-10 minutes in skirmish mode to qualify or 45-60 minutes in CW to qualify (which if you get matched vs proper 12 man may not even qualify) I found it a no-brainer.

#196 JRR1285

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:43 PM

I was really looking forward to that island cockpit item but I was unable to even get one match in, weekend had other priorities. I was hoping that the item would be available for sale but I didn't see it in the store. :(

Maybe they'll offer it again as a prize in a future event.

#197 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:06 PM

The event was too easy, and should have had more challenge. I completed it in one evening (a few hours).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users