Making A New Clan?

3 replies to this topic

#1 SHINZOG THE GREAT

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

Hi all. I see there are predefined clans here. Does this mean there are no independent clans? My self and a buddy are looking to start our own clan. Is this not normal in mech warrior?

#2 Chazer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

Clans have a very specific meaning in the battletech universe, http://en.wikipedia....ans_(BattleTech)
If you want to make a clan in the sense of a gaming group then you would be wanting a merc corps.

#3 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

View PostSHINZOG THE GREAT, on 21 May 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Hi all. I see there are predefined clans here. Does this mean there are no independent clans? My self and a buddy are looking to start our own clan. Is this not normal in mech warrior?

In MW "clan" refers to a predetermined faction, you can start your own unit and later associate it with one of the Clans, one of the IS Houses, or make it a merc corp.

#4 Jakob Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostSHINZOG THE GREAT, on 21 May 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

"Gelfling knows nothing..."

The last Clan that tried to be independent were wiped from existence and all records of them purged by the other Clans. Any member of the Clans deciding to go independent are considered banits or mercenaries, and treated as such.

So no. There are no independent Clans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users