5 replies to this topic

#1 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:50 PM

Greetings all pilots of the republic,

I'd like any input anyone can give for solid strategies on the new map. I forget the name, the smallish one with actual GREENERY to it.

I have only been able to drop on it once, but it seemed like the map had rather safe passages to the two gates. I wasn't fired upon once before reaching the opened gate in all 4 mechs.

The drop I was in was mostly scattered unit members. We used VOIP, but none of us were confident enough with the map to lead. We made impromptu calls from different drop members, and we did OK. But not great.

So, any ideas? The drop was too chaotic and disorganized to channel my thoughts properly into tactics, much less grand strategy.

#2 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:55 PM

Far less strategy is needed for this map than others.
This map is a brawler's dream. Its designed with few chokepoints or long sightlines for sniping.
Its just about brawling from hill to hill.

Drop 4 tough close range brawlers, stick together with team, push from hill to hill.
Brawling skill and builds will determine outcome more than strategy on this map.
At least thats my current view of the map, must play it a bit more to confirm.

#3 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:00 AM

I have had success by pushing trough beta, having a few assaults hold the gate and the area left to it and the rest of the wave brawling trough the trench to the right until everyone and everything has been torn to trash metal.

#4 BionicPeanut

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:01 AM

Trees can block your vision be ready with thermals when you enter them.

#5 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:15 AM

Played the map once so far and all I can tell you from that experience is that that particular 10 man had the wrong plan.

Attacking and standing outside the open gate for 8-9 minutes while you let the other side set up solid firing lines just doesn't work. Ended being a piss poor match that took down omega with their 2 waves of light rushing.

Very little engaging, a lot of guys trying to exchange long range alphas then push inside with no armor.

From what I saw of the map though during that combat play was that likely the best scenario would be to pick one gate or the other then push through left/right with lances cycling to provide rear cover fire. Up to a gen point and either go back around while they are in disarray or just push straight around as far as you can go, do the reverse for the next drop cycle.

Looked like you'd probably always want to move to one side or the other though to limit the amount of firing lines that could be made onto your location.

#6 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:40 AM

For attacking, my suggestion would be to push through either gate and quickly move to the outside or to the wall between the two gates and hold the open area. Force the defenders to come through the entrances to you where you can focus them.

If you push deep to take the gens, understand that you will be isolated from reinforcements and will likely lose your full group before getting back to the entrance. If you can get all 3 gens with one wave while moving and fending off attackers, that's fine, but if you can do that, you'd probably win no matter what plan you followed...

The map was designed to lure groups in and split them up as they start chasing small groups of defenders in multiple directions. If you do split up, you're going to get ambushed by the defenders - it's inevitable. Maintain discipline and stay together. If you have individuals who like to rush gens on their own you're going to put yourself at a huge disadvantage. Control your peeps.

The center near Omega is a brawl, pure and simple. There's enough turrets there that I'd advise staying out until you've got a commanding kill lead or you've got a group of brawlers that are good at sweeping a lane quickly and moving before getting surrounded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users