Are You Monogamous Or Do You Play Around?

30 replies to this topic

#1 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:35 PM

Are you a one mech pilot? Or do you have a few regulars that you rotate through regularly?
One favorite and the the others once in a while?
Just curious... I'm rotating with 5. One favorite. Doing well with 2. The other 3 have occassional success but just enjoy piloting them....

(bought & sold many mechs since beta...currently own 88)

Edited by Chillbill, 11 April 2015 - 06:54 PM.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

I have 191 mechs.... I do have faves and regulars and meta mechs I favor though. Spent the whole evening tonight in my RVN-2X for instance.

#3 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:40 PM

I have like 20 mechs, a mix of IS and Clan. I play with them in a wide variety, though I'm spending a bit more time with my 4 UrbanMechs right now so I can master them.

So yeah. I like variety. 'Tis the spice of life.

View PostTerciel1976, on 10 April 2015 - 08:38 PM, said:

I have 191 mechs.... I do have faves and regulars and meta mechs I favor though. Spent the whole evening tonight in my RVN-2X for instance.

WAIT WHAT.
That can't be right.
Did you mean to say "19"? Or "91", because 191 is a tad absurd. If you did, you must've sunk like thousands of dollars in this game. Maybe tens of thousands.

#4 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 229 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:58 PM

View PostNight Thastus, on 10 April 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

I have like 20 mechs, a mix of IS and Clan. I play with them in a wide variety, though I'm spending a bit more time with my 4 UrbanMechs right now so I can master them.

So yeah. I like variety. 'Tis the spice of life.

WAIT WHAT.
That can't be right.
Did you mean to say "19"? Or "91", because 191 is a tad absurd. If you did, you must've sunk like thousands of dollars in this game. Maybe tens of thousands.

Most 'mechs in MW:O are completely free to aquire, and 'mech bays don't cost that much, even having 187.

Edited by Bows3r, 10 April 2015 - 09:02 PM.

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:05 PM

View PostChillbill, on 10 April 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

Are you a one mech pilot? Or do you have a few regulars that you rotate through regularly?
One favorite and the the others once in a while?
Just curious... I'm rotating with 5. One favorite. Doing well with 2. The other 3 have occassional success but just enjoy piloting them....
95 mechs. Play 'em all.

WAIT WHAT.
That can't be right.

You don't have pay, but it certainly makes it easier. Figure buying a regular mech pack gets you 36 mechs, it adds up fast.

#6 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

My interest in this game has evolved to become - What is the next chassis that I will master (at least one variant). So I would buy a set of 3 variants, master at least one of them. If while after mastering I don't have enough Cbills to purchase the next 3 variants of another mech chassis, I will then play around with my favourites, attempt CW, exploit the few heros I have. Since I am just a weekend warrior, cbills are very hard to come by, so I use those judiciously and make sure that the mechs I buy are uniquely different from the others. that comes up to not more than 1 mech type per weight class, and if the adjacent weight class is missile heavy for example, then the next weight class will be ballistic / energy. But since clans, I find there is almost no way I can save enough cbills. It took me 4 months to gain enough cbills for the DWFs. So when Wave Three came along, I went ahead to get it. So its now about playing those mechs in my stable already, chalking what cbills I can on weekends, while waiting for July to come.

#7 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

55 mechs owned as of now, planning to get grasshoppers. That includes 2 stormcrow primes and 2 centurion AH.
I usually play the newest shiny mech i purchased...or mechs; have had sufficient cbills since the launch of Clan wave 1 to purchase 3 variants at any one time.

I mostly replay older mechs in CW or in events where i can maximise my cbill earnings (heros and $$$ mechs like the AH), otherwise it's them new shiny mechs. (kind of makes me similar to those who change a new car every few months because...SHINY! :o B) :D :rolleyes: )

**edit for grammer...i think?

Edited by dragnier1, 10 April 2015 - 11:50 PM.

#8 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:29 AM

So, if you bought just the clan mechs, you'd have 62 from the first pack, 39 from wave 2 (with mad dog), and 36 from wave three on the way - that's 147 right there.

#9 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:08 PM

WAIT WHAT.
That can't be right.

192 now (picked up a second RVN-2X). No, less than a thousand, if you don't count PC upgrades. I've bought all the packs from Phoenix on and a quite a few heroes (virtually all on sale). Other than that, CBs/events. I've played intensively for over two years now. There are players with more. I just don't sell mechs any more. You never know when that pointless TDR-5SS is suddenly going to be amazing.

Edited by Terciel1976, 12 April 2015 - 08:26 PM.

#10 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 April 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

So, if you bought just the clan mechs, you'd have 62 from the first pack, 39 from wave 2 (with mad dog), and 36 from wave three on the way - that's 147 right there.

I'm confused by your math. I count 8x3=24 in Wave I, 5x3=15 (incl. MDD) in Wave II and 4x4=16 in Wave III for a total of 55 clan mechs. You could add up to 12 for reinforcements and bring that to 67.

My own stable currently holds 45 clan mechs (Wave I & Wave II is 39 plus 5 more SCRs (incl. an A) and a TBR-D)

Edited by Terciel1976, 12 April 2015 - 08:19 PM.

#11 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:18 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 12 April 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

I'm confused by your math. I count 8x3=24 in Wave I, 5x3=15 (incl. MDD) in Wave II and 4x4=16 in Wave III for a total of 55 clan mechs. You could add up to 12 for reinforcements and bring that to 67.

My own stable currently holds 45 clan mechs (Wave I & Wave II is 39 plus 5 more SCRs (incl. an A) and a TBR-D)
That's because you forgot to account for the SHUT UP.

There's nothing to see here. Move along.

MY MATH IS FINE DON'T LOOK AT ME LA LA LA LA.

#12 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:19 PM

They do add up, the packs and gift mechs help. What amazes me is how much I have spent on buying colours... and how many I have the urge to buy still. >_< If they ever add multichromatics or glow in the darks Ill go poor..
Ive got 98 or so Mechs, Ive a handful of favorites but Ill hop in any one of them on a whim.

Dont forget about the Gift Centurion Atlas and Crab(Oh that paintjob on the crab!).

Edited by XphR, 12 April 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#13 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:57 PM

Both, after a fashion. I specialize in my Locusts while dabbling in other mechs to enjoy a perspective on their strengths and weaknesses. Plus I like to try new things. You never know what will grab your attention next.

#14 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:38 PM

I run p. much all IS mediums and several lights, but I always come back to my Bluesmobile and CN9-AH.

I just hope the Wolverine hero turns out to be actually worth something so it can join the trinity.

#15 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:20 AM

I have 35, and I don't play Shadowhawks anymore.

Posted Image

#16 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:27 AM

I have 130 'Mechs and I reckon I play about random 60% of them in a month. I can rarely stay attached to a single 'Mech. In fact, checking out other 'Mechs and making them work is the only thing that kept me playing for this long.

#17 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

I tend to rotate new variants/chassis as I level stuff up, sometimes just 1st victory hopping, and then I mix in a bunch of my old mechs. Some of my builds (Hunch 9P, HSP, Spider 5V) are still rocking the same or nearly the same builds as in open beta. I have...45-50 now that the urbanmechs have come out, with clan 3 on the way. Of course- there's about 15-20 chassis that I have mastered then sold, because if I don't find an enjoyable build I will clear the mechbay space.

When I pug I tend to play IS mechs, because I end up playing the unholy crap out of my clan mechs in CW.

I don't ever sell them before mastering them, though - you never know.

#18 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

Currently, I am upping skils on UrbanMechs, Thunderbolts & Grasshoppers, sometime I have to plan out Zeus.

When my back is turned, I am convinced my Centurions are fooling around with the Hunchbacks, the Kit Foxes and Adder-Prime are secretly waiting for more Clan Mechs to form a gang, the Awesomes are too busy looking in mirrors and the Enforcers are chasing the Locusts while the Raven-3L watches from the arm of the Jagermech-DD shaking its head at all of this.

#19 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

I have a few I rotate around in. I maintain a few clan 'mechs as bruisers, but I also have a fleet of other 'mechs that I drive merely out of interest and to keep from being bored, most of which are IS.

I still have about 2 stock UrbanMechs that I am keeping for fun on the days I feel like dying :)

Edited by Sylonce, 13 April 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#20 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:50 PM

At this moment I own 66 mechs. (you can see all in my signature)
Next 12 mechs will come with 3rd wave of clans. I am usually driving last mech which need mastering.
Or I am taking one mech from that class what is last free in team. :) Ok there are few mechs I love and using them a lot: Firestarter H, Cataphract 4x or Pirates bane, Misery, Ravens, Pulse Thunderbold :) etc . . .

But all my mechs in my stable are usable, full of modules and ready for use :)

However there are few mechs I dont use anymore.

For example Catapult A1 since the fuked up his ears and since I grow up form LRMs :D

Edited by DrSlamastika, 13 April 2015 - 02:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users