48 replies to this topic

#1 The Red Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

Every match I'm in, no matter HOW much I ask my teammates not to, they always chase the lights. If you're in a 100-ton Daishi, DO NOT CHASE HIM. If you're in a hunchback, DON'T CHASE HIM. If you're in any heavy mech, DO NOT CHASE HIM. If you're a light, you may go after him, IF you can actually kill him. ONLY if you're a light. I am sick and tired of having an entire firing line go done because of a pesky light and half the team wants to go chase it. Then they blame me, the lone assault mech, because we lost the match.

When will we learn to NOT chase the freaking light? If you're a light killer, which would mean you're either a light mech, a streak medium, fine. Do so and kill it fast and come back. You should not be chasing lights if you're in an assault mech that doesn't even go 60 KPH. Stop being an idiot, you're never going to catch it and you won't kill it. Stay at the front of the line and hold that. You'll be able to murder plenty of faces there.

Thanks,
A disgruntled MechWarrior

#2 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:58 PM

it is the reason many players seek out groups to join to stop pug dropping and get into dropping with people you know it makes a really nice difference. Unfortunately pugs will be pugs and I absolutely agree with you that quite alot are absolutely atrocious and the tactics they decide to use which are so bad and of course they ignore the players that's been around and knows a thing or two

#3 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

The difference between the inexperienced and the experienced is to know what is worth going after. Occasionally, I'll run a heavy after a light for 1-3 seconds, just to scare it off, but I come back immediately. Having tactical knowhow is when you move from inexperienced to experienced.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:01 PM

Shoot the frakking legs. Shooting at the body means you will be spreading your damage across 5 sections. Just shoot the legs, as a slow light is a dead light.....

#5 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:45 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 11 April 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

Shoot the frakking legs.

The simplest, yet rarely used idea. You may not leg it. But if it eats even half of 12 alphas into legs, GG.

#6 Smotty

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 99 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, best coast

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:03 AM

View Postmrripley9, on 11 April 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

Every match I'm in, no matter HOW much I ask my teammates not to, they always chase the lights. If you're in a 100-ton Daishi, DO NOT CHASE HIM. If you're in a hunchback, DON'T CHASE HIM. If you're in any heavy mech, DO NOT CHASE HIM. If you're a light, you may go after him, IF you can actually kill him. ONLY if you're a light. I am sick and tired of having an entire firing line go done because of a pesky light and half the team wants to go chase it. Then they blame me, the lone assault mech, because we lost the match.

When will we learn to NOT chase the freaking light? If you're a light killer, which would mean you're either a light mech, a streak medium, fine. Do so and kill it fast and come back. You should not be chasing lights if you're in an assault mech that doesn't even go 60 KPH. Stop being an idiot, you're never going to catch it and you won't kill it. Stay at the front of the line and hold that. You'll be able to murder plenty of faces there.

Thanks,
A disgruntled MechWarrior

^^^^^ This! I got all salty this morning over half my team chasing a light and costing us the round. It also doesn't help that no one listens when you tell them not to chase the light... Oh well, they will learn one day. (Hopefully...)

#7 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:17 AM

In my case it's a tough call. I'm playing with 200++ ping, if i take them on i struggle to hit them, if i ignore them i get shot down fast.

After a while they realise my shots don't hit them. This is why i prefer streak 2.

-----------------------

Anyways, these days i notice a lot of loses come down to choice of terrain. Yes, it's important.

Before i forget, not everyone reads the chat. I know i don't once i close in on the opposition.

Edited by dragnier1, 12 April 2015 - 06:20 AM.

#8 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:36 AM

still waiting for the long overdue hitreg fix.
seeing 90% of all "leet" light pilots falling flat on their arses will be priceless.

#9 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:40 AM

I WILL chase after lights if I have enough streaks to cripple him in 1 shot or if I can out run him.

and I will attempt to chase a light if no one does naything.

Those inner sphere light mechs pack a punch if you ignore them. Doesn't the firestarter do 32 damage per second or so with modules? 10 seconds of ignoring them is 320 damage. If that peppers into everyones back that is enough to kill half the team....

#10 Papapeshu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGosport, Hampshire. UK

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:01 PM

Don't by any means IGNORE pesky lights, that's just making you an easy kill.
I fully agree with OP, "DO NOT CHASE LIGHTS".

I'm currently grinding (my teeth) levelling up my 2nd Atlas and even though It's nigh on impossible to track a light/fast med crossing in front of me I'll have a damned good go at legging the bugger whilst I'm putting my back to a wall or another mech.

For those that can keep up with the enemy harasser mechs, just exercise a little caution when chasing.
Getting tunnel vision on your quarry can lead you into a pretty nasty ambush.
...yeah, learnt that one very well long ago! :P

#11 Papapeshu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGosport, Hampshire. UK

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:05 PM

I should add, I WILL ignore the lights if there are enemy heavies/assaults closing on us!

(It's kinda situational ;) )

#12 Ironwolf67

• PipPip
  • Sergeant-Major
  • Sergeant-Major
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFort Walton Beach, FL

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:40 AM

That's actually a tactic I have watched light pilots use time and time again. Raise hell on the enemy's flank and rear and draw off half the company so the assault and heavy lance can turkey shoot whoever's left. Divide and conquer.

#13 Chaos Strike

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:55 AM

Lets not for get the damaged caused by team mates too focused on trying to shoot the speeding Light and not watching where they are shooting.
I have seen big slow mechs trying to use heavy weapons on the speedster take arms off their allies.
Too bad the Light pilot does not get credit for that damage. I know my scores would be alot better than what I can rack up by myself.

#14 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:36 AM

Because of things like this, I've become way too salty lately and is becoming more of a forum-warrior, checking out guides, lore.. etc, rather than a mechwarrior. Solo and group drops alike. I'm mostly an assault pilot, and I really need the backing of my team mates. If not, i'll do very little damage and once in a while I get profanity tossed at me for being a useless assault where in reality was left to die.

Regarding the OP, I don't think we will ever learn. As long as we share the same arena there will always be people who are either new and don't know better, people who disagrees with you, or people who just wants to joke around (they see the point you try to make, but they just want to have fun). IMO we need different arenas for different types of players.

Edited by purplewasabi, 19 April 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#15 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

Mechs that go over 85 KpH can chase. That's my rule.

#16 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:57 AM

something for all the nascar guys out there that dont turn around when you need to:

how to nascar properly. starts at minute 1:00

and no people will never learn. they get too salty everytime they get told how much of a scared whimp they are.
so they cower behind walls over and over again while their teammates die instead of supporting them with supressing fire.

this is deathmatch without respawn and most simply forget that.

dont even talk about CW. too many people just have no clue what their mechs are for.

past patches literally everything is going towards a pro-sniper game.
the *we need more range for IS to outsnipe clans* was the first step towards the wrong direction. increasing ghost heat to 3 on IS large lasers the next.

i simply cant understand why you need to remove the clans prime advantage just because most players cant fkin play IS mechs properly.

#17 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:08 AM

I hear you man, Saturday night I had a came on Alpine. We were all set up on the hill in a nice firing line ready to take the game. A little Myst Lynx popped around our back and the firing line completely dissolved resulting in us getting rolled. I played 4 games, had PUGs completely out to lunch each time, like the Crab who decided to face tank on River City while trying to nail targets 1500m out with medium lasers. Or the LRM DD-C on Tormaline.

I think the worst was a guy who, after we arranged everyone to gather and make a concentrated push into the centre on Terra Therma jumped on coms/VOIP and continuously yelled 'moving to Theta is death, death, do not go to theta' 'if you go to theta you will DIE' then half the team held back, some ran off and generally everyone scattered and reused to push. So we lost the opportunity to take the centre and it turned into people just poking at the door into a waiting group. Had enough of that so I ran around, brawled a bit and got a my kills before leaving. The entire time we were loosing, 12-2 (my 2) he kept repeating the ssaammee thing.

My TS unit channel was empty that night so I just packed it in for the night.

Edited by HelBound, 20 April 2015 - 07:12 AM.

#18 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:06 PM

Go for the legs but don't chase.

https://youtu.be/PFxn0Dv3tHA

#19 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

I'll chase a light in a medium or light just long enough to hit it a few items and run it off, then return to the lance. Unless I have my Stormcrow, then I just go kill the pests.

#20 TLX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:37 PM

In my fact,i never shoot to lights other than they are quiet or are bothering any team mate shooting him. Im a LRM boat mech user and its very difficult to hit lights that are going too fast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users