32 replies to this topic

#1 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:08 PM

I mainly Play Clan in CW. Sometimes we stomp..sometimes we get stomped.
I know you are doing well in IS mechs. Clanmechs are sooo OP they have to bee nerved further.

Clans get pushed back. Now I dropped with some further IS player.

Please don t try to Play Clans. Don t even try it. You get stomped very hard.

You still want to Play Clan?

Even when you are the best of the best. Take a few minutes and think about Clanmechs!

When you Play Clanmechs. Do something. Learn about the longer beamtime and learn Focus Fire. Don t stay behind other Clanmechs. When they are hot they Need cover to cooldown. Try to avoid friendly Fire. Use the minimap. Attack hot mechs as Long as they are hot. Don t give them time to recover.

You are running much hotter. Test it.

...and finaly. Don t go into a 1 vs 1 in an Timber against a Whuppbolt, Dakkacrabb, Largelaser Stalker...YOU WILL LOOSE and your Team has one mech less.

Thank you.

#2 Raflik

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

So i Should encourage some IS players to go Clan Site!

Do you want LRM-boat, with serious backup weapons (like at least 4 medium lasers), but Your XL atlas fell so quickly?
Do you have hit-reg problem, and can't hit well, but your only auto-aim weapon is LRM, because Streak SRM2 is laughable?
Can't you decide which weapon suit you best, so you drop in many test mech which most of them don't work properly and get spanked from 600+ range, or get owned from less than 200m range?
Have you ever meet the situation when your overquirked DakDragon or Largerine get shoot his weapon arm at the beggining of engagement, and you are left weaponless/punny 1-or-2 Medium laser support?

Well, Clan doesn't have that problem!

But if you go clan, please buy and reconfigure some mech, because trial clan now are laughable. Mystlinx with no energy and 1t of ammo? Kitfox with 8000 AMS ammo? Hellbringer with 0.9 Heat cap?
No. if you go clan, do it at least properly!

#3 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:19 AM

View PostRaflik, on 12 April 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

Do you want LRM-boat, with serious backup weapons (like at least 4 medium lasers), but Your XL atlas fell so quickly?

Someone uses Atlai as LRM boat.

Posted Image

#4 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:43 AM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 12 April 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

When they are hot they Need cover to cooldown. Try to avoid friendly Fire. Use the minimap. Attack hot mechs as Long as they are hot. Don t give them time to recover.

You are running much hotter. Test it.

the key to survival in mwo for clan or IS is to wake up and realize that just because you have X amount of weapon slots, doesn't mean you should use them all.

#5 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:58 AM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAHHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

OP after 3 years I have just come to assume this flavor of the month META if you can call it that will be produced by PGI when they patch and nerf another weapon system into dust.Soon it will be small pulse lasers that are OP and need a nerf hahhaa.

PGI should go back do a stat rewind on mech balance back to CLOSED BETA and really add the double armor this time and start over only leaving the defensive quirks on every mech.

IS and CLAN need a UN_NERF to even be fun to play anymore when 80% or your mechs set in dusty mech bays from non use because they die so fast or are not this months META FLAVOR the game itself has lost perspective of what is fun in a mech game.

P.S like I have said before I wont call MWO a MechWarrior or BattleTech Game anymore it is to far gone and now should be called WORLD OF MECHS.

This was MechWarrior too me below (MechWarrio2-MechWarrio4) where could play free fun leagues with friends and family without all the grind sauce.

Posted Image

Edited by PappySmurf, 13 April 2015 - 06:03 AM.

#6 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

While I think correct clan builds are op, I will say that the trial clan mechs are almost unusable.

I used an alt to check out the clan side in cw and dear lord was it terrible. All the clan trials are super-heated glass cannons. You fire once and have to hide for nearly a minute to get cool enough to fire one more time. Then heaven forbid that something turns the corner while your hiding because you gonna be dead in about 2 seconds.

Then about 75% of the clanners I dropped with were also using trials. Yikes.

#7 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:35 PM

While Trial Clan mechs are bad, trial IS mechs are actually worse

#8 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:50 AM

View PostRichter Kerensky, on 13 April 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

While Trial Clan mechs are bad, trial IS mechs are actually worse

from what I understand, the Trial Clanmechs are straight from the stock mechs in the boardgame, while the IS mechs were designed by Sean Lang. This is just a fact, which you may interpret as you choose. leaving you free to draw whatever conclusions you wish about whether certain high profile streamers may or may not be scrubs.

certainly I have a position on this matter, but because i am a discreet man I will not burden you with it.

Edited by YCSLiesmith, 14 April 2015 - 09:50 AM.

#9 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:56 AM

different skill levels exist in this game. None can deny this truth. Some are skilled, while others are extremely unskilled. Each of us stands somewhere on this continuum of skill; such an order is mandated by the heavens. Where does any one individual streamer stand? This is not for me to say. Evidence for one argument or another exists, but who can truly say whether another player is bad or good? Certainly not me, or the other members of NKVA. We may form our own opinions, and may use injudicious language like 'scrub bads' to describe people, but ultimately it is up to you to determine whether those words are accurate when applied to any one player. Each man has his own critical faculties. I invite any and all to dispute these facts if they are able.

#10 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:04 AM

Clan Trials are worse due to the fact that they are stock, vs IS where at least there is usually a champion mech or two for trial, which usually run a somewhat optimized build.

#11 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 14 April 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

Clan Trials are worse due to the fact that they are stock, vs IS where at least there is usually a champion mech or two for trial, which usually run a somewhat optimized build.

lol no they don't, they're insanely bad. This is just a statement of opinion and does not necessarily say anything about my thoughts on the person who designed them.

although, of course, a person did design them, presumably thinking that they were good. and mech design is one way of gauging skill in this game.

#12 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 14 April 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

lol no they don't, they're insanely bad. This is just a statement of opinion and does not necessarily say anything about my thoughts on the person who designed them.

Compare that to the stock Nova Prime, stick a brand new player into that and you do not even need to kill them, they will blow themselves up without even knowing why firing 12 medium lasers is bad.

#13 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:15 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 14 April 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

Compare that to the stock Nova Prime, stick a brand new player into that and you do not even need to kill them, they will blow themselves up without even knowing why firing 12 medium lasers is bad.

to be fair the nova is one of the most useless mechs in the game no matter how well designed it is. compare that to the trial raven, a tragic waste of a god tier light, and I think it is clear which is worse in terms of wasted potential.

Meanwhile at least the trial Stormcrow and Mad Dog exist. They're not any good but they're not embarrassingly bad either, putting them head and shoulders above everything the IS trial list has to offer.

#14 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:24 AM

A while ago there were some halfway decent trial IS mechs (the trial Firestarter was actually pretty good, I remember the Cataphract being OK, not great) but sometime in February the trial mechs all changed and now they're pretty much universally godawful. Clan trials are pretty bad, but IS trials often have terrible engines mounted, and no DHS in addition to the usual completely random assortment of weapons you see on the Clan trials.

You want to be using none of them because nearly all of them have some sort of fatal flaw, even the least crappy trials like the Mad Dog have serious issues. On the Mad Dog in particular, 2LPL 2MPL sounds like it'd be halfway decent, but I'm pretty sure the trial Mad Dog somehow has negative heatsinks.

#15 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:26 AM

the trial stormcrow and trial firestarter were both amazing and the trial madcat, while badly designed, was still a madcat so it was naturally the best trial mech last cycle. now they're all terrible. Often in cases like this it is difficult to lay the blame at the door of just one man.

#16 sdsnowbum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:50 PM

The IS trials for Hunchback and Centurion were all very good too. Trial Spider, Jenner and Cicada were decent.

I think maybe the secret is that for mediums and lights they generally could't fit too many weapons so harder to pick inefficient choices. Plus the IS trials are all champions rather than stock, so at least Endo and DHS are a given.

It's when they get into heavies and assaults things start to get tricky as there is suddenly room for 4+ types of weapons, LRMs, and other wastes of tonnage.

With Clans the problem is that any trial can only be selected once, so even when the Stormcrow-Prime and Timber Wolf-Prime cycle back, they will still have to take 2 others. Stock Adder Prime? Stock Nova Prime? Shudder.

#17 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:59 PM

the thing is if you haven't at lest maxed out a mech chasy you probably aren't ready for community warfare and any side clan or IS is going to get stomped if it has a lot of trial mechs because they will be fighting fully optimized mechs with modules and far more time in game.

if you want to get into community warfare right away get a 50-75T mech as soon as you can afford it (not to difficult with early rewards now) then get its variants and you have 3 decent mechs then chuck one trial in and you are good to go but until you have your own mechs you are better off sticking to standed games.

#18 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:42 AM

View PostFrost Lord, on 14 April 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

the thing is if you haven't at lest maxed out a mech chasy you probably aren't ready for community warfare and any side clan or IS is going to get stomped if it has a lot of trial mechs because they will be fighting fully optimized mechs with modules and far more time in game.

if you want to get into community warfare right away get a 50-75T mech as soon as you can afford it (not to difficult with early rewards now) then get its variants and you have 3 decent mechs then chuck one trial in and you are good to go but until you have your own mechs you are better off sticking to standed games.

if you're in an organized unit or dropping with Kurita on teamspeak and you're fighting pugs, mariks, or davions, then you can definitely play CW with trial mechs and survive. it's brutal with these trail mechs, because they're disgracefully bad and probably driving players away from this game, but even so organization trumps everything else.

#19 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:52 AM

It would also help if more clanners understood the concept of chain fire.

#20 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:54 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 13 April 2015 - 12:19 AM, said:

Someone uses Atlai as LRM boat.

Posted Image

A lot of players actually :mellow:
Or, even worse: King crab 6xMG, LRM15, LRM20, 2xLL.. and XL engine :o