Town Hall Meeting On Twitch.tv With Russ Bullock - Youtube Archive Availalbe Now

316 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

WHEN: Thursday April 16th, 6 PM PDT / 9 PM EST / 2 AM UTC

Town Hall meeting with Russ Bullock, President of Piranha Games this Thursday!!
Main topic of discussion will be Community Warfare Phase 3!

You can post your questions in this thread! We'll get to as many as we can.
See you there!

YouTube archive is here! Thank you for the Questions!

#2 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:19 PM

Yay!

Some general questions:
Will any current mechs get a 360 torso rotation upgrade?
Will the Pinpoint skill be replaced soon?
Are Pilot Levels still a thing to come?
Inside scoop on CW Phase 3?

Added one more:
When it comes to comparing Clan vs IS, do you feel that the difference in how they play is in a good spot? Do you wish they played more or less different?

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 14 April 2015 - 01:01 PM.

#3 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:19 PM

You mentioned 4v4 for smaller CW games. Any details you've hashed out yet for that?

Edited by Domenoth, 13 April 2015 - 02:35 PM.

#4 ThirtyOughtSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

Russ - like what you've been doing for CW. My question surrounds Solaris/Solo players.

I'd like to know if you could give us a very rough estimate for Solaris. It seems to me with the looking for group feature, CW, and regular quos PGIs aim is for team based play. I am a bit concerned for the solo players/casuals. Any general info would be greatly appreciated!

#5 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:30 PM

Love these town halls… thanks Russ.

Any chance we can get the Tina Benoit Warhorn? I'm going to go out on a limb and assume she is Canadian. If that is the case, I think it should have her say, "Sorry!"

Thanks!

Edited by StaggerCheck, 13 April 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#6 IceGryphon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 272 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:32 PM

How would you grow the CW queue?
How would you bring more players into the base?

#7 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

So, will Phase 3 include...

* Perks and restrictions on mechs and/or weapons based on choosing a particular House/Clan?
* Perks and restrictions on mechs and/or weapons based on planets of manufacturing origin being captured?
* CW algorithm being replaced by actual logistics like dropships requiring transit time and drop costs?
* Purchaseable assets that might affect combat environments (e.g. dropships, turrets, MFBs?)
* Repair/rearm mechanics to establish supply lines and/or change tonnage limits on certain planets?
* Different versions of weapons based on origin company?
* Player-driven contracts?
* Contests on non-border planets?

Also...

Will you please give us a projected month/quarter for your Steam release? I'm getting a little worried that you're going to spring it on us prematurely and without warning, a la the Clans or Transverse.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 13 April 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#8 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

When are we getting that battle of Tukayyid started?

#9 Brawler1986

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:37 PM

CW Maps:
1. Why is the art quality from CW maps so different from regular drop maps?
2. Are the CW maps going to be reviewed (art and gameplay quality wise) in the near future?

Equipment/Upgrades:
1. What is are your thoughts about the benefits of the Fero Fibrous Armor compared to Endo Steel? Is Fero Fibrous going to be more beneficial, since there are some big downsides to it compared to Endo Steel.

Edited by Brawler1986, 15 April 2015 - 01:32 PM.

#10 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

I look forward to listening to it.

Things I would like to see discussed are:

1. Single Player/ Co-op mode (would help new people with the learning curve)
2. Director/Replay and spectator mode (gives the community creation tools and helps build and strengthen community interactions)
3. 4k textures and high end PC user things
4. Steam and HTC VR (Oculus Rift) support/progress
5. Windows 10/Direct X 12 support

#11 Zivko

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

I really like the IS quirks. Makes so many mechs fun to play. The problem is that many many clan mechs are not fun to play. Not even a little. Please either de-nerf clan mechs (laser burn time especially) or add to quirks.

also, did you fix the glitch that caused IS to roll through clan territory even though clans won 53% of matches during last CW event? Because there isn't any point in playing CW until that is fixed.

FIX CLAN ACs!!! There is a reason the only clan weapons used are lasers, srms or gauss rifles. In certain situations LRMs can work, but very very rarely. There is no good reason for a Dragon with 2xAC5 to be able to pump out more DPS than literally ANY clan mech using ACs other than a dire whale with about 6 UAC5s. So stupid.

Edited by Zivko, 14 April 2015 - 11:53 AM.

#12 Deux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 474 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:39 PM

1. When will we see merc factions in game, Comstar factions, and pirate factions?
2. When will we be able to unlock famous unit paint schemes in CW?
3. When will our unit coffers ever be any good for anything?
4. Why hasn't pgi worked a deal with harmony gold to get the marauder and the warhammer...sell the mechs for 20 and give half to harmony or something!
5. instead of quirks why don't you release different versions of weapons like one company's med laser does more damage and heat, another's has better range etc etc.
6. What about faction mechs being cheap when you are aligned with that faction ie dragon mech is cheaper when you play for kurita.
7. What happened to merc factions making more money and less loyalty points vs house units making less money and more loyalty points in cw.

P.S. dam auto correct ....thanx again Morgana lol

Edited by Deux, 14 April 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#13 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostZivko, on 13 April 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

Reserved?

Maybe? Maybe not? :lol: lol

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 13 April 2015 - 02:44 PM.

#14 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,249 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:44 PM

In the past new mech packs have been announced in these meetings. Wonder if this will follow the trend...

Any JJ changes coming? Would love to see HoverJets go.
Any bonuses for holding particular planets?
Loyalty point bonuses for using faction aligned mechs?
Any talks of salvage yet?

#15 RedEagle86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:44 PM

Reserved (until I can get home).

Several things, collected from me and from some CGBI members:

From me:

I'm wondering if it`s possible to code 2 values (for tech values) into the game. 1 for CW (more true to lore = Clan is OP but reduced numbers), 1 for Pug where quirks etc mean IS = Clan.

Also, any possibility of choosing to equip Lower Arm Actuators on 'Mechs that are not equipping 'banned' weapons. If not, is there the possibility of CERPPC`s doing full PPFLD.

Any thoughts on Elementals, even something along these lines?

Thoughts about mines around gates and/or generators, to help prevent light rush. Maybe to use Thunder LRM`s instead of hard-coded mines. Mines would do damage to all `Mechs, not just other side, creating a need for effective communication etc.

From others:

Any chance of us seeing different Tech for Clan turrets?

How about combined ER medium laser/dual Streak 4 turrets close in to bases and generators for Clans, ML/dual (or triple) Streak-2 turrets for IS?

Another person asks, "I would love to know whether PGI is ever planning on fixing Clan XL by removing that silly heat penalty and introducing a movement speed penalty instead."

Any thoughts about more varied maps for CW, such as a Spaceport map, and a Palace map. Or even about having Invasion as a gamemode in the standard queue that doesn't effect the faction map.

Suggestion:

"
1) Change clan fixed DHS for <250 rating to true DHS. We cannot change the engine and have to add additional DHS that are not true DHS loosing a few tons on DHS inefficiency that you would never allow as an IS player.

For example, for the ADR going to an XL250 costs only 1 ton for the same heat efficiency and a huge boost in speed.

2) Will he consider loosening up the clan fixed properties (JJ, armor, structure, heatsinks) now that quirks have been introduced closing the gap between IS and clan? This might be more useful than adding quirks and help the sub-par clan mechs. It will increase the diversity on the battlefield and mechlab alike.

If not, at least change all mechs with FF and no endo to endo and no FF? This is a minor departure from lore but the designers from lore never played MWO.

3) Alternatively, if you must for MC at first and for millions and millions of C-bills later, as upgrades:

Add KFX engine choices: XL225 and XL250 rating
Add ADR engine choices: XL250 rating
Add NVA engine choices: XL275 and XL300 rating + endo to absorb the weight increase
Permanently increase WHK engine to XL350 rating with 4 internal DHS (add endo, remove FF) empty left torso of fixed DHS.
"

Finally, "Are you (PGI) working on Solaris and when it comes out. Also ask if the security at the servers that run the public queue is prepared to repel a tactical nuclear strike... Not because those two things are related. I'm just curious." :rolleyes:

Edited by RedEagle86, 14 April 2015 - 08:28 AM.

#16 Varhait

Archivarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

Resistance Badges.

Yes, i know it's not a big deal, but this situation concerns me. So, if you dont mind, i will duplicate post here as a question.

Greetings PGI,
On March 17 you injected Inner Sphere Resistance faction content packs. It is great, the new skins looks very impressive, colors and hanging items are also useful, sometimes. But! Few days later you injected the Resistance collection badges and many players cannot understand why these badges
Posted Image

Suddenly turned into these
Posted Image

It looks like a case of unfair advertising. I mean it was YOUR decision to show these awesome badges on the Resistance collection page from the start of the sales. I know some people who bought Resistance collections only for the badges, this isn’t so much compared to 260$ for the gold skin. I think it is obvious that they are very disappointed by this sudden change and their confidence in MWO is shaken.

What you gonna do with this? Leave the situation as it is, deceiving trust, and why, or you will consider results of the poll and keep the promise about resistance badges(I mean, return the ones from resistance page, the promised content) ?

Poll Topic

Edited by Varhait, 13 April 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#17 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:47 PM

Russ,
what ever happened to the union class dropship you mentioned before? Will we ever see it in game, and if so will, and how units be able to use or purchase it.
thanks

#18 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:48 PM

1. assault JJ - fix them - ETA?
2. Spider dps quirks - cooldown, range, heat - fix - ETA?

#19 Moriquendi86

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:48 PM

Cool, thx for another town hall. Some questions from me:

1. Are you going to revisit two initial CW maps and try fix spawn camping on defenders? Later maps handled the problem quite well so will you apply lessons learned to the two first maps?

2. After going to steam will we still have an option to purchase MC, packs and stuff directly from PGI? What I'm worried about is that steam uses conversion rate in which 1 dolar = 1 euro, for someone like me living in central europe and not earning in euro that would mean 20% increase in price without increased value comparing to purchase done with USD.

3. At some point you've mentioned that US and European players population is roughly equal but you are still not convinced that regional servers are necessary while entirely possible for you to do. If the population is equal I think it would be fair to play half of the time on European servers and half of the time on US so no players are favored in that regard. For example during European prime time all games would be played on EU servers, then be played on US servers and then move to AUS servers if you think it's valid. Do you think it's possible assuming that overall service would have to be universal and only games would be hosted on different servers? Is this something economically viable for you? Do you see lack of regional servers as a potential issue after steam relese?

#20 Kanajashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 317 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:50 PM

Repeat of question that was not answered last time:

I had a question about the rewards within CW matches but first some context. Currently If I am pugging and end up with a team of singles or small groups vs a 10-12 man there is an extremely high chance of us loosing and making a very small amount of c-bills compared to the time invested to find and play that match. While I am not complaining that teamwork is op (i'm fine with loosing against a more skilled enemy), I do feel discouraged to play CW matches because my time is better spent elsewhere in terms of making c-bills.

My question is: could the faction contract rewards be given to those that loose CW matches as well?

I would be fine playing the cannon fodder for larger groups if I was guaranteed at least some quantity of c-bills for my time. There would be concerns about people going AFK and farming these rewards but i'm sure that something could be written in to the code so that you would have to be connected and active in order to recieve a reward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users