Clan Reinforcement Sale

19 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

STARTS: Tuesday April 14th at 10AM PDT (17:00 UTC)
ENDS: Tuesday April 21st at 10AM PDT (17:00 UTC)

Greetings MechWarriors,

The April 21st release of the Clan Reinforcement Variants for in-game MC and C-Bill purchase is almost here!
To mark their final week of availability through the Gift Store, all Clan Reinforcement Variants will go on sale starting April 14th at 10AM PDT!

Once they release in-game, the Clan Reinforcement 'Mechs will no longer be available for purchase through the Gift Store; they will only be available in-game for MC and C-Bills.

All Reinforcement 'Mechs acquired through the Gift Store come with an associated MechBay, so gift or get them while they're hot!
If you want to snag a Clan Reinforcement Variant after they release in-game, you'll need to purchase a MechBay or have one already available in order to house it.

Chassis

Variant

Original Price

Sale price

Adder

ADR-B

$11

$8

Kit Fox

KFX-C

$11

$8

Mist Lynx

MLX-A

$9

$6

Nova

NVA-A

$16

$12

Stormcrow

SCR-A

$18

$13

Ice Ferret

IFR-D

$16

$12

Summoner

SMN-C

$22

$16

Timber Wolf

TBR-D

$24

$18

Mad Dog

MDD-C

$18

$13

Dire Wolf

DWF-S

$28

$21

Warhawk

WHK-C

$25

$18

Gargoyle

GAR-C

$25

$18

Chassis

Variant

MC

C-Bills

Adder

ADR-B

2,780 MC

6,938,004 C-Bills

Kit Fox

KFX-C

2,725 MC

6,810,335 C-Bills

Mist Lynx

MLX-A

2,325 MC

5,810,750 C-Bills

Nova

NVA-A

3,890 MC

9,722,437 C-Bills

Stormcrow

SCR-A

4,530 MC

11,317,504 C-Bills

Ice Ferret

IFR-D

4,030 MC

10,065,049 C-Bills

Summoner

SMN-C

5,585 MC

13,957,711 C-Bills

Timber Wolf

TBR-D

6,075 MC

15,177,027 C-Bills

Mad Dog

MDD-C

4,390 MC

10,968,755 C-Bills

Dire Wolf

DWF-S

6,950 MC

17,367,846 C-Bills

Warhawk

WHK-C

6,190 MC

15,473,201 C-Bills

Gargoyle

GAR-C

6,295 MC

15,733,594 C-Bills

#2 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:35 PM

Quick question: I somehow liked the past sale where you could buy MC and got Warhorns or Clan Mechs which had been only available in the gift store on top. But... since I'm atm routing for the inner sphere, I couldn't bring myself to buy additional clan mechs which I can't use in CW and/or get some warhorns which would look odd whilst fighting against the clans.
Is it possible to get a similar sale for the inner sphere? You know, Inner Sphere Warhorns... I know that there isn't something similar to the gift store mechs, but you could easily attach some of the hero mechs already available to the MC-packs. You know, buy a large sum and get a Boars Head/Heavy Metal, or buy 12k and get an IV4/Firebrand and so on...

#3 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

View PostKshat, on 13 April 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

Quick question: I somehow liked the past sale where you could buy MC and got Warhorns or Clan Mechs which had been only available in the gift store on top. But... since I'm atm routing for the inner sphere, I couldn't bring myself to buy additional clan mechs which I can't use in CW and/or get some warhorns which would look odd whilst fighting against the clans.
Is it possible to get a similar sale for the inner sphere? You know, Inner Sphere Warhorns... I know that there isn't something similar to the gift store mechs, but you could easily attach some of the hero mechs already available to the MC-packs. You know, buy a large sum and get a Boars Head/Heavy Metal, or buy 12k and get an IV4/Firebrand and so on...

Oh, you mean a sale like this?
http://mwomercs.com/...horns-start-feb

They had 2 back to back in February/March.

#4 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

As always, this is a quick cash grab promo before these mechs are released for c-bills/MC next Tuesday.

Here is a breakdown on what is the true sale% and how it relates to MC if you had purchased 25000 MC using $100 with no other bonuses added.
Posted Image

If this were a month ago, yes, I would've paid the premium to have some of these mechs a month early. I had bought a bunch of MC, so a sale in $'s is worthless to me, personally. Not sure what the overall response to this sale would be, probably only a few people would consider this sale to be worthwhile, since the mechs were overpriced individually anyway. I wonder if there is someone truly evaluating what electronic value these mechs are and what it equates to in real dollars.

Edit: I forgot to include the 300MC for the Mech Bay, which you get free with your purchase from the gift store. So the MC/$ values will be a bit higher.

MistLynx for $6 is a pretty good deal, I may just get that one.

Edited by Smoked, 13 April 2015 - 04:41 PM.

#5 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

no interest in the variant since i only use the CB Prime variant, but am very interested in the omnipods

are we going to be able to purchase and add the omnipods to the variants we already own, maybe not immediately but at some point? because among others i want a single nova omnipod but i don't have much interest spending $12 for it

#6 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:02 PM

I'm not opposed to spending money to support a game I enjoy...but really these sale prices are about what the price the mechs should have been priced at in the first place. To have this sale a week before the mechs can be had for MC/Cbills is a little too late I think.

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:05 PM

No thanks. I'll pick up the omnipods as necessary and end up buying probably 2 of them with C-bills because they have useful omnipod CTs (Dire Wolf and Warhawk).

#8 RazarG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationGrandside, Sydney

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:09 PM

im semi-interested in one or two of those variants. One question, can we buy their Omnipods once they are in game?

#9 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:34 PM

So, just to to summarise:
Posted Image

As a concept, the reinforcements are just... expensive (and I've bought, all the packs).
It works out roughly 2-4 times more expensive than the waves, with no discount for bulks buy.
(A little late, but if this was the individual price, and the whole lot was say, $80-100, it'd be a lot easier to swallow. But hey-ho.)

Being all omnipods will be available upon official release, and apart from the DWF-S, don't really bring anything to the table as an entire mech.

So for 4-6.5 million C-Bills, you get all the unique omnipods.

As-is though, only really the Direwolf, or maybe a particular chasis you really want, would be worth grabbing.

#10 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:17 PM

^ I asked in several threads if PGI were to package the reinforcements together, even at $120, I would've bought it. Oh well they missed out on a good opportunity to grab some cash while offering decent digital value for their paying patrons.

#11 Ray Charlie

Rookie

• The Paw
  • The Paw
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Sooo.. If I am just getting back into this game from a looong hiatus, would one of these be a good mech to play with? I really dig the way the Timberwolf looks, and I am intrigued by the omnipod usage. Any better suggestions for a (currently) horrible mech pilot?

#12 Volt Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:25 AM

Ray, the Kit Fox, Storm Crow, Timber Wolf, and Dire Wolf are the most user friendly. I would only caution the D Wolf as it's stock always has a metric ton of weaponry to manage. Every other Clan mech is generally high learning curb because of either being fragile or too heat intensive (glares at Nova).

#13 Kai Allard Liao

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:02 AM

Would be cool, if the old Variants of these Mechs are in Sale, too. :)

#14 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:58 AM

Did anybody notice if these reinforcements performed better than their already available counterparts? I have the C-Bills for the DWF-S and need another clan mech.

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 14 April 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

Did anybody notice if these reinforcements performed better than their already available counterparts? I have the C-Bills for the DWF-S and need another clan mech.

I dunno about performance.

But some of them have things not available to the others. Direwolf is the most obvious example, it's got jumpjets.

The Summoner is identical to the prime with different quirks....as if that would set it apart. They could've done something with hardpoint inflation -- god knows the IS gets super over inflated...

The Timberwolf D has twin missile hardpoints per ST that is not bogged down by locked jumpjets. One of which includes a ballistic hardpoint which is good, I like having a 3 MG Timberwolf but wasn't a fan of being forced to use jumpjets.

The Kitfox C has a left arm ballistic. Good if you wanted a twin ballistic arm Kitfox, or an ECM + Gauss Rifle Kitfox.

The Adder D has a right arm ballistic. Will go good with the Adder B's left arm for ballistic based Adders. I like ballistics, their firing rates make them OP compared to lasers. Though I figure that's to offset their heavy weight.

Some of them have head weapons. Some have CT hardpoints that others don't.

Early access to them has some merits, but I'd rather just put the pods on my other configs. The whole multi "variant" system wasn't a very bright idea since "Configurations" are just common setups on a mech with only one variant, save for examples like Summoner and Summoner II. Summoner II essentially being the new variant.

#16 teslabear

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:03 AM

Grabbed a copy but didn't receive any redeem code. Is there supposed to be a delay with the gift store?

#17 Yazleb

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 21 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

View Postteslabear, on 14 April 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

Grabbed a copy but didn't receive any redeem code. Is there supposed to be a delay with the gift store?

Same here, PGI + codes/orders/anything = notoriously slow.
I will eat dinner, exercise, shave, shower, go to bed, wake up, work a 9 hour day, eat dinner again and then MAYBE see my key.

In fact Mortal Kombat X may even be fixed before I get my gift code :oD

Please PGI work on making this stuff instant, it really hurts our purchasers joy when we get hammered with a delay.

Thanks!

#18 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostYazleb, on 14 April 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

I will eat dinner, exercise, shave, shower, go to bed, wake up, work a 9 hour day, eat dinner again and then MAYBE see my key.

Please PGI work on making this stuff instant, it really hurts our purchasers joy when we get hammered with a delay.

Thanks!

You guys did check your emails right? Got mine within a few minutes of purchase.

#19 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

View PostRay Charlie, on 13 April 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

Sooo.. If I am just getting back into this game from a looong hiatus, would one of these be a good mech to play with? I really dig the way the Timberwolf looks, and I am intrigued by the omnipod usage. Any better suggestions for a (currently) horrible mech pilot?

Gargoyle is great for laser vomit. I like that stormcrow, it's a good blend of streaks and mpl's. I also have the Nova and the Summoner and both were meh. May buy the Mist since it's only $6 and comes with a mech bay.

#20 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

View PostYazleb, on 14 April 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Thanks!

Just purchased my Mist Lynx and had the code within 3 minutes. Must be your email server?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users