Next Allthing Meeting

66 replies to this topic

#21 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

Leave politics to other factions is what I am recommending.

Fight those who fight you. For a frontline faction like the FRR neccessity will dictate its course.

I have great doubts any more advanced politics are neccessary or helpful.

Just take the track record of political agendas of the current cycle into account.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 16 April 2015 - 07:26 PM.

#22 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:09 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 16 April 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

Leave politics to other factions is what I am recommending.

Fight those who fight you. For a frontline faction like the FRR neccessity will dictate its course.

I have great doubts any more advanced politics are neccessary or helpful.

Just take the track record of political agendas of the current cycle into account.

The track record of of our political agendas in the current cycle is this:

First everyone said a NAP with Kurita would never work, Solo players could never be brought to respect it. But the Kurita / FRR border has been the single completely peaceful border in CW.

Then everyone said that the new Star League would never work, and it kind of didn't work. But with Mercenary Coalition units still giving support to the FRR, we still are receiving direct support from units affiliated with the nSL.

We haven't done much in politics, but what we done we have done well. We have kept our promises and we have earned quite some goodwill among the other IS factions. Kurita and Steiner loyalist units have repeatedly gone so far to take FRR contracts to fight on our side.

If you wan't to throw that away you can do so, we can't keep anybody from doing what he wants to do. But don't come crying to the council units once you get your ass handed to you.

#23 ClaymoreReIIik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 499 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:56 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 17 April 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

The track record of of our political agendas in the current cycle is this:

First everyone said a NAP with Kurita would never work, Solo players could never be brought to respect it. But the Kurita / FRR border has been the single completely peaceful border in CW.

Then everyone said that the new Star League would never work, and it kind of didn't work. But with Mercenary Coalition units still giving support to the FRR, we still are receiving direct support from units affiliated with the nSL.

We haven't done much in politics, but what we done we have done well. We have kept our promises and we have earned quite some goodwill among the other IS factions. Kurita and Steiner loyalist units have repeatedly gone so far to take FRR contracts to fight on our side.

If you wan't to throw that away you can do so, we can't keep anybody from doing what he wants to do. But don't come crying to the council units once you get your ass handed to you.

With no direct benefit of associating with a Council and the planetary conquest working the way it does (you win 20 games to turn a planet for FRR and then another unit defends 1 game on it and has the planet from you) politics are nothing else then wasted warm air, IMHO.

Councils have no way of preventing units from doing "their thing" so you could maybe express a "uniform direction of intent" but the allthing council has no more right to claim "command of the FRR armed forces" then I would have if I claimed that I would be the only real person who could make decisions for the FRR as a whole...

If it floats your boat, do what you like, but do not expect people to obey.

#24 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:20 AM

View PostClaymoreReIIik, on 17 April 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:

Councils have no way of preventing units from doing "their thing" so you could maybe express a "uniform direction of intent" but the allthing council has no more right to claim "command of the FRR armed forces" then I would have if I claimed that I would be the only real person who could make decisions for the FRR as a whole...

If it floats your boat, do what you like, but do not expect people to obey.

I completely agree, thats why I am representative of the Allthing council units and not the FRR.
But, most of the FRRs loyalist units are members of the council and we have shaped the direction in which the FRR goes in CW from day one.
We don't go around and try to tell people what to do, but we tell people what we are going to do. And merely ask you to not actively work against us.

So let me put it this way.
The member units of the Allthing council will continue to concentrate on Clan targets and will not take part in any offensive measures against our Inner Sphere neighbors. The member units actions, as well as the drop orders on the FRR hub will continue to reflect that.
Also, unlike other houses high councils, the Allthing council is not an exclusive group, we invite every FRR pilot, if loyalist or mercenary, who is interested in how we come to those decisions to join us at the meetings and to voice their opinion on things.
Yes there is a RP element to it, but most of it is simply basic coordination.
We already represent a large enough part of the FRRs pilots to shape the direction the FRR goes and if anybody wishes to help shape this direction the Allthing council is the best place to do so.

Edited by Klappspaten, 17 April 2015 - 01:21 AM.

#25 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:21 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 17 April 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

...If you wan't to throw that away you can do so, we can't keep anybody from doing what he wants to do. But don't come crying to the council units once you get your ass handed to you.

Dude, I am very aware of what political agenda worked.
And which didn´t.
In fact you should know how my unit came here. And how few besides us came.

And I am not advocating attacking other IS factions. I advocate the contrary.
It seems I have to express myself even more unequivocal.

Clans are the enemy. They will come again. Until they are beaten and cowed even contemplating other political agendas is a bad idea. I hope that came through this time.

This is your faction and you guys can do as you wish. But this is my advise.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 17 April 2015 - 01:24 AM.

#26 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:27 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 17 April 2015 - 01:21 AM, said:

Clans are the enemy. They will come again. Until they are beaten and cowed even contemplating other political agendas is a bad idea. I hope that came through this time.

No disagreements here. You officially agree with the Allthing council.

What I wrote didn't necessarily go in your direction, it was supposed to be an general statement.

#27 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:41 AM

Personally I think you guys might be confusing effective politics with the fact that all the large merc units were IS (and at least 4 FRR that I counted) for the past 2-3 weeks. IS expansion was in great part due to the fact that we outnumbered the clans 4 or 5 to 1. It really had very little to do with which council teams agreed to not attack other factions and certainly nothing to do with councils magically directing pugs to defend planets which is where the majority of defense numbers come from.

#28 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:57 AM

Politics can be as simple as we make them. We seem to be relatively single-minded. We wanna slag some clanners!

So, the largest and most influential units in the FRR will announce their intentions, and these intentions are ours to assist in. Or NOT assist in, I guess. I'll gladly follow along, but nobody's obligated to do a thing.

All it has to be is "hey, does this agreement help us kill clanners?"

1) Yes, so we should do it, as long as it is reasonable
2) No, so we shouldn't even consider it

Viking diplomacy, m8s

Edited by Sandersson Jankins, 17 April 2015 - 02:57 AM.

#29 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 16 April 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

As far as I can tell

How far is that?

Anyways, seems like your more recent posts in this thread have you back-peddling from your original strong 'no' post.

So yeah Sycocys, if you want we can burrow deep into an IS faction. Like Klap said, everyone probably wont be on board, but I'm sure you can find some people willing to dig too deep into the Sphere (and possibly release Balrogs!) :D

If there is actually enough interest, we could probably set up an IS-Attack force.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 17 April 2015 - 05:04 AM.

#30 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:47 AM

Welp, this has been interesting enough.

Here's the bottom line:
  • Allting Council represents the most active (and typically, the largest) FRR Loyalist/Merc Units - Units represented at meetings frequently include [TPI], [BLVJ], [1stH], [1COG], [-SO-], and others
  • Allting Council has been based on the following principles since its birth under [SoR] and [ISEN]
  • ---No one person or unit will claim themselves to be "Leader" and order the other units around
  • ---Every unit, Loyalist or otherwise, may join the Council; every player can come to Council meetings, and every vouched unit's members can speak and vote in Allting decisions - whether you're new or old, your vote weighs the same
  • "Politically speaking", the Allting Council has been the most stable unifying faction leadership in MWO - bar none
  • While the Allting Council does not have the power to control who fights whom and what unit attacks what, the Council has made alliances and friends across the IS and will choose to honor those alliances above all else.
  • The Allting Council Reps - Starwolf1991, Klappspaten, and Damon Howe (yours truly) - speak with the authority of the representative units of the Council. Their words are the voice of the FRR Council, and thus the word of those units mentioned above and others; they are not made idly or for their own personal dreams of conquest. Any words spoken out of turn by them have been corrected by the people in the Council (which, thus far, hasn't happened).
The Allting Council holds as much power as it's given - and it's been given quite a lot by the units that respect it, both here and across the IS. Klapps isn't speaking for himself, nor is he backpedalling on any point - the Allting will not support at this time any action against the IS. The FRR players and units cannot be forced however; we cannot come to your house and click your mouse button on Clans and stand there over your shoulder while you play - nor would we want to (we want to play too, after all).

TL,DR: (and yes, I have exclusive rights to use that!)

Players can do what they want, by themselves and/or in their units - or they can come to the Council and express their concerns directly. That is your choice. But know that the Allting Council will always listen, always talk with anyone who asks - we do our meetings in TS for a reason. We want you to come to us, for together we are far stronger than separated; but you must make your own choice.

If you stand by your words here, bring them to us directly. Otherwise, let us cease this political banter as it only serves to cause strife where it isn't needed.

#31 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:53 AM

A final point on the IS vs IS debate:

For the moment, the Council chooses to keep things close to our chest as to the why no ISvIS. We have our reasons, and will happily discuss them with you at meetings. Afterall, I think that is the big unasked question here.

#32 Trondheim Live Daily Report

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:10 AM

View PostDamon Howe, on 17 April 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

TL,DR: (and yes, I have exclusive rights to use that!)

The TL,DR confirms the validity of the claim to use "TL,DR" by Damon Howe.

TL,DR - He can use it.

#33 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:31 AM

No IS v IS because that's the only way you can match the numbers of the large merc groups that have recently moved back to clan factions.

You aren't really hiding anything by not announcing that is what you are doing. Not really rocket appliances guys.

#34 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostMech The Dame, on 17 April 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

How far is that?

Far enough.

View PostMech The Dame, on 17 April 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

Anyways, seems like your more recent posts in this thread have you back-peddling from your original strong 'no' post.

I most certainly did not "back-peddal" I merely specified for whom exactly I speak.

#35 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

View Postsycocys, on 17 April 2015 - 07:31 AM, said:

Not really rocket appliances guys.

Frig off Rick, you don't know **** about big stompy robots, you can't even start your ******* car!

ROOSTER BALLS I FORGOT THE BURGERS ON THE GRILL

apologies to those of you who aren't in our secret tv show club

Edited by Sandersson Jankins, 17 April 2015 - 08:31 PM.

#36 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:34 AM

Sandersson -

Thanks. Really did make me laugh that someone actually got that reference.

#37 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:18 PM

View Postsycocys, on 18 April 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Sandersson -

Thanks. Really did make me laugh that someone actually got that reference.

hey, no problem bud. speaking of thanks, you mind taking these empties and returning them?

oh, and grab those piss jugs too, would you buddy?

alright i'm done, sorry everyone :P

#38 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:23 PM

...politics.

Maybe an OLD should show up to the meetings but it's time not spent killing clanners. How long do they generally run, an hour or so? I can tell you how I'd vote at least. Fight clanners, fight more clanners, claim all lawns!

If we don't show we'll just continue the super secret mission of killing clanners at every opportunity. Oh no, I've spilled our secrets! Assemble the firing squad!

#39 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:29 AM

Would be nice to see OLD at the meetings, certainly the more the merrier. Typically they run just over an hour, and yes while its an hour "not killing Clanners", Its held in the hour right after ceasefire, so I daresay its typically not a huge deal if you miss a few matches.

And while generally speaking our "battlestrategy" has remained the same since day 1, other things have changed and are changing as we speak. It'd be nice to clue everyone in at the same time.

Most importantly of all, its nice to just sit down and see the "faces" of the other FRR units and leaders and have an hour to talk to each other.

#40 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:26 PM

View PostDamon Howe, on 19 April 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

Would be nice to see OLD at the meetings, certainly the more the merrier. Typically they run just over an hour, and yes while its an hour "not killing Clanners", Its held in the hour right after ceasefire, so I daresay its typically not a huge deal if you miss a few matches.

And while generally speaking our "battlestrategy" has remained the same since day 1, other things have changed and are changing as we speak. It'd be nice to clue everyone in at the same time.

Most importantly of all, its nice to just sit down and see the "faces" of the other FRR units and leaders and have an hour to talk to each other.

I'll probably not be at a single meeting, but I've read enough forum posts and seen most of the FRR leadership's conduct and skill in-game to trust you guys.

After all, the militia is at the mercy of their commanders, right? :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users