66 replies to this topic

#1 Theaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, United States

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:28 AM

usually the meetings are at 6pm EST on Saturdays on the FRR hub. I assume the next one will be the same. And as we may have a map reset coming three days afterwards; I would like to encourage all those loyal to the FRR to attend (at least send a unit representative). The faction that plays together, stays together. Can't wait for the map reset; won't know how to play with turrets that shoot the other guys, and a gate I don't have to jump over any more. Lets make sure that the main re-invasions routes flow around the Republic like a boulder in a river. See you on the front lines.

#2 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:41 AM

Can we push into IS territory after the reset? Turn on easy mode for a while. XD

#3 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:53 AM

View Postsycocys, on 14 April 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

Can we push into IS territory after the reset? Turn on easy mode for a while. XD

No we can't, I can tell you that for sure.
The Clans will always be our top priority, but we can try to push into their territory for a change.

#4 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:35 PM

Pretty please?

#5 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

View Postsycocys, on 14 April 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

Pretty please?

No, I can assure you that wont happen. Its not in our interest to jeopardize our good relations with either Steiner or Kurita. For the fight against the Clans a united front will be necessary.
The position the FRR is in puts us right in the middle of the fight IS against Clans, if we want to be successful we have to stay focused on that. If we fail to do that, the long retreat will just start anew after the map reset. We aren't just in the frontline of that fight, we ARE the frontline.

Everyone who has taken an FRR badge has commited to that fight, if knowingly or not. The southern houses may continue to prioritize their petty infighting. Steiner and Kurita may still have to deal with their southern neighbors. But the only luxury we have is that both our IS neighbors look kindly to us and the Allthing council units are determined to uphold the good relations we share with both of them.

Every FRR pilot should be joining the Allthing council units on the FRR hub for the open CW matches that are being organized there. We might not have the big, powerful comp units, but I believe that we have the best overall fighting force of all factions. The persistence and determination of both our organized players as well as our PUGs have been recognized by all other factions in CW and if we build on that the FRR can become a real powerhouse.

You can find everything you need to join us at the FRR hub in this post:
http://mwomercs.com/...hub-ts3-server/

If all of us join forces we can throw the vatborn out of our space and from there Strana Mechty is not far.

Edited by Klappspaten, 14 April 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#6 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

I honestly don't care who we fight, just here because this is where OLD decided to hang its hat.

I'd just be entertained by the forum posts from other IS houses claiming that FRR IS is op and needs to be nerfed.

#7 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:30 PM

Many mercs are currently on contract to FRR, how much in C-Bills will you transfer to their coffers to keep them on your side?

#8 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:14 AM

None, as far as I am aware. We are just the last stop for rewards before the map reset and possible reward system change.

#9 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostAraevin Teshurr, on 14 April 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

Many mercs are currently on contract to FRR, how much in C-Bills will you transfer to their coffers to keep them on your side?

We haven't done that so far, but when it came up in the past no one actually had the funds to do so anyway. The unit coffers might be large enough to do it, but as it is right now they can't be used, so it probably isn't an option for the near future.

Edited by Klappspaten, 15 April 2015 - 06:56 AM.

#10 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:51 AM

IMO nope, we should the shieldwall against the clan invasion. Also, as long as the clans are all attacking us it is hardly a realistic option to fight anyone else. We have the strength, but we don't have the numbers.

Any group wanting to fight IS vs IS matches for a while can just take a vacation and fight for one of the southern houses a couple weeks, that's a better alternative than messing up our diplomatic relations.

Edited by Sjorpha, 16 April 2015 - 01:58 AM.

#11 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:16 AM

I agree. We should be stomping the clanners, not the other IS factions, unless they come gunning for us.

#12 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:13 AM

You guys do realize we don't actually choose who we attack anyhow right? It's all a matter of whatever/whoever PGI wants to direct us into fighting.

The only real best case scenario is having everyone securing each planet together as quickly as possible then moving to the next open planet. Just don't really see any point to having meetings to discuss which of the 2 open planets to attack first myself.

#13 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:19 AM

View Postsycocys, on 16 April 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

You guys do realize we don't actually choose who we attack anyhow right? It's all a matter of whatever/whoever PGI wants to direct us into fighting.

The only real best case scenario is having everyone securing each planet together as quickly as possible then moving to the next open planet. Just don't really see any point to having meetings to discuss which of the 2 open planets to attack first myself.

The meetings are about far more than that. You are welcome to attend to the next meeting and find out for yourself, they are open for all FRR pilots to come in, listen and voice their opinion.

#14 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:42 AM

Unless you guy found a secret part of CW that I don't see - there's two options, attack or defend. If you care about planet holdings you can defend, otherwise the only option is to attack and attack some more.

So you must be either playing off-field strategy (which to me ends up being moot by the time you play) or are getting into role-playing which I'm simply not interested in. I understand that some of you guys get a kick out of additional extra-curricular but it's really unnecessary when you are located in clan central.

#15 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 14 April 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

No we can't, I can tell you that for sure.
The Clans will always be our top priority, but we can try to push into their territory for a change.

In the last Star League meeting there was a strong desire to do away with soft peace treaties, and instead participate in more IS vs IS matches.

As far as I can tell Klap is only speaking for himself.

#16 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 16 April 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

As far as I can tell Klap is only speaking for himself.

As far as I can tell I was elected to be one of three official representatives of the Allthing council units and we DID discuss this topic on the last meeting where you have been absent. I can assure you Dane, I am not only talking for myself. If you would be present at the meetings you would know that.

Edited by Klappspaten, 16 April 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#17 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:26 PM

Remember that we didn't push on you: you push on us, we'll push back. Do you really need another border to fight on? I like you space vikings, but you need all the friends (or at least "not enemies") you can get.

#18 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 16 April 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

Remember that we didn't push on you: you push on us, we'll push back. Do you really need another border to fight on? I like you space vikings, but you need all the friends (or at least "not enemies") you can get.

If PGI directs us your way I will be dropping against your planets whether or not its what this or any council wants. If the councils have a problem with that my suggestion would be to email support or twitter Russ and Paul to beg them to make attack lanes your councils want.

Why will I attack? Because the map and controlling planets is absolutely meaningless unless you are a role-player -- the only function it serves for the rest of us is limiting who we can fight with.

So as far as I'm concerned please push right on over to us if PGI will let you. More teams to fight against is far better than playing the same teams over and over.

#19 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

Gentlemen. You are on the verge of starting with politics.

Don´t.

#20 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:42 PM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 16 April 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Gentlemen. You are on the verge of starting with politics.

Don´t.

You want a simulation of intergalactic war with a complex lore background involving 10 factions, but without politics?

k.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users