6 replies to this topic

#1 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:32 AM

So can someone explain why a stripped Cent Chassie is only worth 776.612 CBills ?
i mean they are all Endo and DHS upgraded ... so alone the 50% of the DHS upgrade are 750.000 CBills ...

on the other hand, why can't i buy empty chassies for free ? apperently they are worth nothing

Edited by EvangelionUnit, 15 April 2015 - 04:33 AM.

#2 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:38 AM

Its just a sell-back mechanic of the game. Most games are like that, severely undervaluing the item for sale.

However that sale price reflects only the chassis, no engine, no weapons or modules. If you want to sell that stuff with the mech you can, you are given 2 values one with equipment and one without. The higher value is with equipment.

The DHS and Endo upgrades are as such, your upgrading the chassis to accept these upgrades but DHS costs coin and Endo slots so think of them akin to equipment like weapons.

So, 776,000 cbills for what is essentially a steel frame without armour, engines or weapons. Not half bad. But still undervalued.

#3 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:44 AM

View PostHelBound, on 15 April 2015 - 04:38 AM, said:

Its just a sell-back mechanic of the game. Most games are like that, severely undervaluing the item for sale.

However that sale price reflects only the chassis, no engine, no weapons or modules. If you want to sell that stuff with the mech you can, you are given 2 values one with equipment and one without. The higher value is with equipment.

The DHS and Endo upgrades are as such, your upgrading the chassis to accept these upgrades but DHS costs coin and Endo slots so think of them akin to equipment like weapons.

So, 776,000 cbills for what is essentially a steel frame without armour, engines or weapons. Not half bad. But still undervalued.

it costs money to remove the upgrades, so why arent they included in the sale price ?

edit: i wouldn't mind if DHS and ENDO were removable upgrades that i can stick to other mechs (Endo to mechs of the same weight maybe) ...

Edited by EvangelionUnit, 15 April 2015 - 04:49 AM.

#4 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:49 AM

Does it matter why? Here's a piece of advice that you need to take to heart.

Never sell a mech.

This is only partially due to the sell back. Mostly, it's due to the nature of this game, which is to say, "things change". A mech that today is a complete dog may tomorrow be the best mech in the game. The balance of this game is such that seemingly minor changes can have a dramatic impact.

Sure, it's a pain to have all those mechs in your hangar collecting dust. But who knows what the next TDR-9S might be? Not me, that's for sure. I can promise you that you will, at some point, regret selling a mech. Every player who sticks in the game for long enough does it.

#5 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:11 AM

View PostEvangelionUnit, on 15 April 2015 - 04:44 AM, said:

it costs money to remove the upgrades, so why arent they included in the sale price ?

edit: i wouldn't mind if DHS and ENDO were removable upgrades that i can stick to other mechs (Endo to mechs of the same weight maybe) ...

Id say this would the same concept as installing a hitch on your truck and buying a trailer. You wanted a trailer (DHS/ENDO) so you bought a trailer and had a hitch installed on your truck. When you sell the truck you keep the trailer (DHS/ENDO) just like you keep DHS in inventory. The hitch is welded (in this example) onto the frame of the truck and well you can remove it but it'll cost cash.

Very few people sell mechs in reality, mentioned above quirks and meta can turn bad mechs into top tier mechs. Personally sometimes I sell 1/3 variants when I'm done leveling the mech. Like the vindicator, I kept my Saint Ives Blue (which I now adore), kept the 1AA (meh but if PPC's get a buff it'll be nuts) and sold the 1X because, meh. New players will sell mechs more commonly because resources and mechbay's limited. Mech bays cost $1.25 (IIRC) and can be won through events or CW rewards (limited for IS, better for Clan).

End of the day, the buy back mechanic isn't a huge deal for the player base. Its there and has a purpose, recently I sold 40/134 medium lasers because I was shy of buying the SRM6 range module I wanted to outfit the 3 new Hunchbacks I just bought to level.

*edit: I saw your attitude replying to other posts, its a game tough luck. Mechwarrior is a battle mech simulation game not an ipad type casual game. You have a founder tag, come on.

Edited by HelBound, 15 April 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#6 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:20 AM

You get half the resale value on everything in MWO. The "mech" price is the naked chassis -- sans engine, upgrades, omni pods, weapons, and equipment. If you try to sell the exact stock build with all of its elements, it will work out to half of what you paid originally.

#7 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostBanditman, on 15 April 2015 - 04:49 AM, said:

Does it matter why? Here's a piece of advice that you need to take to heart.

Never sell a mech.

This is only partially due to the sell back. Mostly, it's due to the nature of this game, which is to say, "things change". A mech that today is a complete dog may tomorrow be the best mech in the game. The balance of this game is such that seemingly minor changes can have a dramatic impact.

Sure, it's a pain to have all those mechs in your hangar collecting dust. But who knows what the next TDR-9S might be? Not me, that's for sure. I can promise you that you will, at some point, regret selling a mech. Every player who sticks in the game for long enough does it.

This is very true. I got one forever ago for free, kinda just left it sitting there and played it as a joke every now and again. It even had a build fairly similar to the super-quirked one long before the quirks came out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users