Joystick Issues

1 reply to this topic

#1 Trogusaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 314 posts
  • LocationKrogan homeworld of Tuchanka. Wait, different universe.

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

Hey all, longtime MW fan returning to the game from early beta.

As a disclaimer, I consider myself a decent shot in most fps games and previous 'Mech titles. Been running an old Saitek model for quite some time now and had zero difficulty precision aiming in other games, but for the life of me I cannot hold my reticle over a target for more than a second at a time. It's almost as if the game response time delays any torso twist actions I make and over commits when it catches up. Needless to say, my scores are terribad right now.

I've done my own troubleshooting and found any concoction of deadzone/sensitivity adjustment is irrelevant, and the problem persists. My GPU leaves much to be desired, but the game runs smoothly and I play on Low settings. Finally, I tried controlling via standard mouse and found absolutely no overcommitment issues whatsoever. Albeit I was terrible with it, and I am of the crowd that believes it just isn't a 'Mech game w/o a joystick.

Other games work just fine, but MW:O simply throws me off. Perhaps this is simply just a L2P issue, but having watched other joystick users from the cockpit holding aim w/o issue leads me to suspect something else is awry. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Edited by Taj, 16 April 2015 - 02:13 AM.
Looks like this thread was posted in the wrong section, so I've moved it to Hardware & Accessories, Cheers

#2 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

Use joystick for driving, mouse for shooting, if you must joystick that is. Honestly, I played every other MW game, from MW2 up until now, with joystick / mouse. However, the controls in MWO are so much better for keyboard/mouse, it finally broke me of that habit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users