https://twitter.com/...520596062883840

#2 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

Their biggest mistake was ever announcing/hinting at it to begin with.

#3 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:22 PM

The only thing worse than a map reset is no map reset. A chance to start fresh would pull a lot of people back.

Now you're just going to end up with a lot of 'meh. Forget it. the map is all borked - it's changed tons due to huge shifts in mechanics'.

It doesn't mean anything anymore.

#4 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:26 PM

Boink twitter!

#5 Verkhne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:05 PM

I have a feeling that with current trends of CW, if a reset occurred now( and remember Clans original planetary envelope) that that the Clan enclaves would be "Luthiened" in no time. Not having a reset lets PGI consider CW balance issues with less pressure than watching the Clans getting kicked out of the Inner Sphere.

I say this as a hard-core Jag who is currently searching for mechbays and intelligence on IS drop decks!

#6 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:12 PM

:blink: wot?

sigh... the whole reason I took a break from ComWar was because of the announced reset. A lot of my comrades followed suit. If they hadn't announced the reset the map wouldn't be so damned bonkers right now, ffs...

#7 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

All he says is it wont be the 21st. He doesn't confirm/deny that it wont happen.

#8 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

Russ said in The Town Hall that the reset wouldn't happen on the 21st and that Friday the 24th the battle of Tukayyidd
Would happen and it would go till Monday at 4:00 CST Ceasefire...
It will most likely happen a week after the 21st Russ said it would most likely happen the 28th a week after the 21st

#9 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:57 PM

Ah. So the game is dead until the 28th instead of the 21st. Got it. That's a solid idea.

#10 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 April 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

Ah. So the game is dead until the 28th instead of the 21st. Got it. That's a solid idea.

Dead until the 23rd. On the 24th the 3-day Battle of Tukayyid starts. Bigger than normal planet with 63 sectors to fight over, meaning over 1,500 'mechs fighting on the planet at any given time. Leaderboards and prizes to draw players in.

#11 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:22 PM

Everyone will likely come for the battle of Tukayyidd if they give some cool rewards for it.

#12 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:26 PM

Patch on 21st... 24th Battle of Tukkayid EVENT 63 section on the Planet to fight over. In the end either Clan or IS will have control of the planet. 3 Day Event Ending in EU Ceasefire on the Monday
* Cooldown on Faction Flipping going from 24hours to 72hours starting April 21st.
* CW Map Reset immediately following Tukkayid Event

Hmmmmmm. After the battel reset and taken away from the winner?

#13 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:14 PM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 16 April 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

Patch on 21st... 24th Battle of Tukkayid EVENT 63 section on the Planet to fight over. In the end either Clan or IS will have control of the planet. 3 Day Event Ending in EU Ceasefire on the Monday
* Cooldown on Faction Flipping going from 24hours to 72hours starting April 21st.
* CW Map Reset immediately following Tukkayid Event

Hmmmmmm. After the battel reset and taken away from the winner?

Would you rather them keep the current CW map going and make nearly EVERYONE mad that they didn't reset it, all to please the winners of the challenge?

Not trying to be rude, but think about that, man! It's more of CW #1 going out with a bang than anything.

#14 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

The big battle is nifty. It is. Balance still isn't where it needs to be for that to work, but whatever.

So long as there's a reset after I'm good.

#15 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:00 PM

It wouldn't hurt CW if every planet would give prizes for the best players and units. It might increase the drive for players to play CW.

#16 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

View PostVompoVompatti, on 19 April 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

It wouldn't hurt CW if every planet would give prizes for the best players and units. It might increase the drive for players to play CW.

I can not understand why planetary resource bonuses aren't on the horizon for PGI. I'm no coder, but it seems relatively easy compared to other tasks at hand. Balancing it doesn't seem too bad- whiners claiming "the rewards are too low I want more things!" will always do this.

The only reason I can think of is that it would provide players with additional resources; slightly decreasing their revenue on MC, etc in the short run.

In the long run, I feel it would help. But when you see those numbers as an executive, and you know "aiight, we gotta make this much money NOW", I understand decisions like that.

But I won't support them!

#17 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

View PostSandersson Jankins, on 19 April 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

I can not understand why planetary resource bonuses aren't on the horizon for PGI. I'm no coder, but it seems relatively easy compared to other tasks at hand. Balancing it doesn't seem too bad- whiners claiming "the rewards are too low I want more things!" will always do this.

The only reason I can think of is that it would provide players with additional resources; slightly decreasing their revenue on MC, etc in the short run.

In the long run, I feel it would help. But when you see those numbers as an executive, and you know "aiight, we gotta make this much money NOW", I understand decisions like that.

But I won't support them!

One of the biggest arguments I've heard from a lot of pilots for not doing CW is 'I need to make some Cbills.' If every planet held by a team awarded a daily amount of cbills to each pilot in the unit, it would help counterbalance that. Personally, I make loads of Cbills in CW. But for those with a little less practice and skill, it would provide an incentive to play CW and take planets and also to join units. It would be balanced between different unit sizes, too. If a planet awards 1,000,000 cbills a day to a unit and that unit has 200 members, each member only makes a payout of 5,000 cbills a day. A smaller unit of say, 30 people, would make 30,000+ cbills a day extra. But at the same time, larger units take and hold planets more easily. It wouldn't be hard to also have different planets award more or less C-bills. I would expect someone who captured, say, Hesperus II, to get a much higher payout than someone who captured Small World.

#18 zeves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:56 PM

presumably if they thought things out, the thing people would rage about if planets gave ether cbill bonuses or anything else,
that early captured planets would be relatively safe FOREVER/until reset. and also units owning a few planets might become content with just keeping and defending thoose planets. only problems i forsee so faar.

#19 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:25 AM

They should add 4 vs 4 first so they can tweak it at least once before a reset, so the reset has less massive changes during a cycle.

Edited by HARDKOR, 27 April 2015 - 06:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users