85 replies to this topic

#41 Foxhound 73

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:51 AM

And now I am back to 20-70 KB/s. An educated guess, its the object.pak that makes the problems. Thats cool, an interested guy tries to download this game and it takes 5-7 hours :huh: Guess how many new players you will get ?

P.S.: At the same time I could download GTA V from steam ;) And that is 65 Gigs !

P.P.S.: Forget about my educated guess.

Edited by Foxhound 73, 17 April 2015 - 12:01 PM.

#42 WhoDidTheElf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

Hopefully some one would be able to shed some light on this issue...

I ran the repair tool for MWO last night and did all of the fixes. Turned off my computer and went to bed. Today I woke up, loaded up MWO and started a match. About 5 minutes into the match my computer froze. No BSOD or anything, just froze. I rebooted and now get stuck at the perpetual Window's start screen. Everything loads behind it and I can even log into my profile, but the screen remains the same...

I've tried repair for Window's, system restore. All to no avail. Currently I'm in safe mode, but that's about all I can do. Is there anyway I can roll back the repair tool possibly?

Edit:...Never Mind this. I unplugged all my hard drives and replugged them in...seems to have resolved the problem for now. Don't have a good feeling about that.

Edited by WhoDidTheElf, 17 April 2015 - 02:38 PM.

#43 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

View PostWhoDidTheElf, on 17 April 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

Hopefully some one would be able to shed some light on this issue...

I ran the repair tool for MWO last night and did all of the fixes. Turned off my computer and went to bed. Today I woke up, loaded up MWO and started a match. About 5 minutes into the match my computer froze. No BSOD or anything, just froze. I rebooted and now get stuck at the perpetual Window's start screen. Everything loads behind it and I can even log into my profile, but the screen remains the same...

I've tried repair for Window's, system restore. All to no avail. Currently I'm in safe mode, but that's about all I can do. Is there anyway I can roll back the repair tool possibly?

Edit:...Never Mind this. I unplugged all my hard drives and replugged them in...seems to have resolved the problem for now. Don't have a good feeling about that.

Wow, now that's a new one. I can honestly say that the repair tool doesn't jiggle your HDD connectors :P

But, in all seriousness, all the repair tool does (and can do) is download, copy, or delete files from either the game directory or the saved games directory. Maybe the extra activity of downloading large files kept the drive active, and with the platters spinning (assuming you're not using an SSD), maybe an already loose cable lost contact. Outside of that, I have no clue what may have caused your problem.

#44 sneeking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:03 PM

I started my repair tool yesterday somewhere near 1pm it is now 10am the following day and I turn on my monitor to find the repair tool has stopped working during the night.

last time I checked was around 9pm (it had been running around 8 hours by then ) I went to bed and it was still running.

Now I have to start again ?

Exactly how is running this now saving me frustration on patch day other than experiencing said frustration now instead. And what guarantee is there that patch day will not still be frustrating.

#45 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

Running the repair tool is the only way I can update my game normally. It can take almost 2 days for the patcher to actually patch the normal way. It's a bit annoying.

#46 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:45 AM

Will do, thanks for the heads up.

#47 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:09 AM

Did I get trolled by the existing repair tool? This entire process is taking HOURS, and I have a great web connection, quad core blah blah...

Got an hour into the first run, it crashed, restarted, Tried again, and came back, the program was gone, not sure if it crashed, the PC crashed reset...weird..
anyhow, now I'm starting MY third run and spot this

............so...................

Posted Image

#48 Merobaudes

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 18 April 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

Did I get trolled by the existing repair tool? This entire process is taking HOURS, and I have a great web connection, quad core blah blah...

Got an hour into the first run, it crashed, restarted, Tried again, and came back, the program was gone, not sure if it crashed, the PC crashed reset...weird..
anyhow, now I'm starting MY third run and spot this

............so...................

Posted Image

My Repair-Tool is v.1.2.4.0. Maybe that's why it is fixing yours.
But it always stops with a "Connection Timeout" after a couple of minutes, then i have to hit Retry and it starts working again. Speed varies every hour between 50 kb/s and 800 kb/s. So I guess even upgrading to the latest Repair-Tool won't solve your problems. It also crashed when I wanted to close it and got me a Bluescreen (hadn't one since ages!). And of course it downloads nearly everything it seems. Several Gigabytes...

#49 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:06 AM

^
ugh, I was wondering if it wouldn't be smarter to use one of the various purge tools to remove every trace/drive/registery/nvidia control panel/settings etc and just download the entire client again.

#50 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

Greetings all,

After the advice in the last patch note's to Run the repair tool prior to the 21April patch, I did.

- Now I ran it directly from the MWO folder, not the 'gear' element.
- Checked all files and issued the 'fix errors' red bar. Did that and it took about 20mins to basically download and copy just about every Pak file. (including the game start exe)

Tested the install, and everything 'appears' to operate correctly, the vid card fans did 'freak out a bit' and maxed out as soon as the game started.
- Checked the graphics settings, adjusted for TXAA now. But all seems to work.

(I did have the Games program folder open while the repair tool was 'doing it's stuff', and watched each Pak file being downloaded and replaced.)

9erRed

#51 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 17 April 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

Is it reporting additional file mismatches with every follow-up scan, or are you receiving an error at the fix step itself?

The error occurs at the fix step itself - right after starting it.

View PostKrist Smith, on 17 April 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Are you, by any chance, running XP?

Yes.

#52 WhoDidTheElf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:05 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 17 April 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

Wow, now that's a new one. I can honestly say that the repair tool doesn't jiggle your HDD connectors :P

But, in all seriousness, all the repair tool does (and can do) is download, copy, or delete files from either the game directory or the saved games directory. Maybe the extra activity of downloading large files kept the drive active, and with the platters spinning (assuming you're not using an SSD), maybe an already loose cable lost contact. Outside of that, I have no clue what may have caused your problem.

They're all SSD's :/ Some more research shows this is probably due to some Windows error.

Thanks for the reply though!

#53 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:15 AM

I did exactly what PGI advised: I started the process and went to bed. In the morning everything was patched up.

#54 monk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:01 PM

Ran the repair tool as suggested. Fixed all the issues. Now the game won't launch. Not even the splash screen comes up. I immediately get Mechwarrior Online has stopped working and that's it. Ran the repair tool again...to the same result. Not super awesome. I guess I'm looking at a full reinstall. Great.

#55 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:23 PM

View Postmonk, on 19 April 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

Ran the repair tool as suggested. Fixed all the issues. Now the game won't launch. Not even the splash screen comes up. I immediately get Mechwarrior Online has stopped working and that's it. Ran the repair tool again...to the same result. Not super awesome. I guess I'm looking at a full reinstall. Great.

Play MegaMek. It's more fun anyway.

#56 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:03 AM

Could someone hook a brother up with a link to a repair tool to fix the repair tool?

#57 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 20 April 2015 - 04:03 AM, said:

Could someone hook a brother up with a link to a repair tool to fix the repair tool?

Those with issues might want to PM Krist for help ?

#58 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:09 AM

View PostShinVector, on 20 April 2015 - 04:25 AM, said:

Those with issues might want to PM Krist for help ?

I'm thinking support is buried based on the last time I sent an email and the number of days passed.
I think I'll scrub- (registry, folders, nvidia control settings- everything) the game today, tonight and re-download the whole thing after the talked about big patch this month.

#59 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:15 AM

So I ran the repair tool on Friday while at work, had a good bit of files to download.
Friday evening the game consistently disconnected mid-game. In fact so did my TS, it was as if my laptop was dropped wifi connection at random. This happened 3-4 games in a row, so I dropped out and re-ran the repair tool and the issue went away.

Weird....PGI you have some funky code....

#60 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:10 AM

Such a fun process, I had it running for 4 hours last night and for 6 hours tonight, with regular time out errors to the server, so far for the objects.pak I have downloaded a total of 2721mb out of 1459mb..

..hope the patcher will be more reliable in the future, because this is ridiculous.

This is from a connection which regularly has a dl speed of 1-2mb/s.

Often had this issue with the patcher as well..

Edited by White Bear 84, 20 April 2015 - 06:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users