Faction Pride Cockpit Item Sale Friday April 17Th

43 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:35 PM

STARTS: Friday April 17th, 10:00 AM PDT (17:00 UTC)

ENDS: Tuesday April 21st, 10:00 AM PDT (17:00 UTC)

Show your Faction pride this weekend! All Inner Sphere and Clan Faction Cockpit Items are 50% off.

Stock up for the upcoming Battle of Tukayyid event next weekend!

Inner Sphere Cockpit Items

MC

House Logo Hologram Statues

750 - 50% = 375 MC

House Logo Hanging Items

500 - 50% = 250 MC

House Logo Dream Catcher

300 - 50% = 150 MC

House Logo Banner Standing Item

250 - 50% = 125 MC

House Logo War Horns

750 - 50% = 375 MC

House Logo Mugs

500 - 50% = 250 MC

House Logo Glass Etching Hanging Items

750 - 50% = 375 MC

Clan Cockpit Items

MC

Clan Logo Hanging Medallions

750 - 50% = 375 MC

Clan Logo Mugs

500 - 50% = 250 MC

Clan Logo Banner Standing Item

500 - 50% = 250 MC

Clan Logo War Horns

1000 - 50% = 500 MC

Clan Logo Stained Glass Medallion

750 - 50% = 375 MC

Keep your eye out for an upcoming Faction Pattern Sale next week, when we'll celebrate the unlocking of Clan Pattern color channels!

#2 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

Good to see a sale that both sides can participate in. Also one that has to do with faction-related stuff. I really wish there were more lore/faction stuff in MWO besides just slapping the House/Clan logos on stuff, though.

#3 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:42 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 April 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

Keep your eye out for an upcoming Faction Pattern Sale next week, when we'll celebrate the unlocking of Clan Pattern color channels!

I guess we'll have to wait and see how well alternate colors work with the factions skins, but for now my plan is to requisition that Falcon camo for Wolf use.

#4 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:48 PM

I cant wait to finally give my w1 some faction camos D: TW ,Dire,Warhawk im looking at yew D:

#5 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

What about items for Mercs?

#6 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 16 April 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

Kay Wolf what cockpit items would you like to see put on sale for Mercs?

#7 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 16 April 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

Items for mercenaries are the faction items. You are always in the employ of a faction, after all. You simply wear the items of the faction you are currently working for

Unless you mean you want specific mercenary unit logos, which wouldn't make sense as we don't have traditional mercenary units.

#8 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:11 PM

Does this include Cameron and Dagger Star Warhorns?

#9 Mercworks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:13 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 16 April 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

I, and the rest of The Brethren, would love to see some Pirate themed items. I could think of half a dozen warhorns, flags (hint), and hanging items that would fit the theme. it was such a core part of the game, I'm surprised that it's completely absent in MWO.

#10 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

Regarding the 'Merc items' I would love to see C-Bills clutched in a mech's fist (I'm Marik, we just took a contract with Stiener so I don't mean a Stiener fist) or the severed arm of a 'Mech as a hanging item, or a hold-out needler or gyro-jet pistol. All would be cool, but I don't use my MC for cockpit items, so what I think would be cool still wouldn't get me to turn in any MC.

#11 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:37 PM

Cockpit items … take too long …

:(

#12 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

Thanks a lot... finally the Steiner Warhorn is mine.

#13 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

I'm not sure if this can be looked at by the Devs... but the "House Logo Glass Etching Hanging Items" are really low resolution... even on MWO's highest graphics setting it looks like crap. Sorry... but that's the truth... it's such an eye sore I don't equip them on Mechs I regularly use. The Faction Medallions some players were awarded for the Phoenix package are of much better quality, even it was a rehash of the basic Medallion without the LP Bonus.

Can this be looked into? Another thing to consider is the glowing/electric ball Cockpit Standing Item appears very weird in Thermal Vision Mode, it's clearly an issue with the particle effects for that model.

#14 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

How about mugs, flags, fluffies, and unit insignia for the various canon merc units? What about smart ass road signs, chicks and dudes in skimpy outfits -I'm all for the former, but have to be fair-, some real Mad Max stuff, chains, animal skulls, etc.? And, don't forget the other end of the scale. Make it the difference between Paul Danton and Mark McKinnon from the original "The Foxes Teeth: McKinnon's Raiders". Can we have some personality items up in here?

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 16 April 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

Items for mercenaries are the faction items. You are always in the employ of a faction, after all. You simply wear the items of the faction you are currently working for

Unless you mean you want specific mercenary unit logos, which wouldn't make sense as we don't have traditional mercenary units.
We're not allowed to PLAY the canon units, but what about some admiration items? And, don't get me started on ALWAYS being part of a faction, please?

#15 Torchfire Katayama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 16 April 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

How about mugs, flags, fluffies, and unit insignia for the various canon merc units? What about smart ass road signs, chicks and dudes in skimpy outfits -I'm all for the former, but have to be fair-, some real Mad Max stuff, chains, animal skulls, etc.? And, don't forget the other end of the scale. Make it the difference between Paul Danton and Mark McKinnon from the original "The Foxes Teeth: McKinnon's Raiders". Can we have some personality items up in here?

We're not allowed to PLAY the canon units, but what about some admiration items? And, don't get me started on ALWAYS being part of a faction, please?

If we are catering to mercs for more than hula girls, dog tags, and 50cal bullets (which seem like appropriate merc style cockpit items to me) why not throw in some Clan Nova Cat, Hells Horses, Diamond Shark, etc etc faction logos on some stuff too?

#16 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:50 PM

What is the current loyalty boost per item? That info is hard to find on this website.

Is the hologram the same boost as the banner?

#17 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:37 PM

So, why do Clan cockpit / faction items cost significantly more than the IS items, did someone whine that these items were OP or something?

#18 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

So far dog tags and hula girls have been the rewards for mercs in faction events. How about we add the cameron war horn, as some mercs derive from sldf units; or the sonic boom was a community reward. And seriously, ITS ABOUT TIME YOU BRING OUT THE CHRISTMAS DECORATION YOU CANADIANS! Maybe put the lights on a final sale and then get them out of the store until next winter.

#19 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:52 AM

Hah, I knew there will be a warhorn sale so I saved the MC I earned from the Lucky Charms event. Now I get to have TWO Marik warhorns, instead of one. Only had to wait three weeks.

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 March 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 17 April 2015 - 12:54 AM.

#20 Kshat

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:59 AM

View PostGrendel408, on 16 April 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

I'm not sure if this can be looked at by the Devs... but the "House Logo Glass Etching Hanging Items" are really low resolution... even on MWO's highest graphics setting it looks like crap. Sorry... but that's the truth... it's such an eye sore I don't equip them on Mechs I regularly use. The Faction Medallions some players were awarded for the Phoenix package are of much better quality, even it was a rehash of the basic Medallion without the LP Bonus.

Can this be looked into? Another thing to consider is the glowing/electric ball Cockpit Standing Item appears very weird in Thermal Vision Mode, it's clearly an issue with the particle effects for that model.

And on top, some of the faction camos available with the last IS-pack are overly blocky, too.

Nevertheless, nice sale, but why are Clan-Items more expensive? I more or less bought the reasoning behind the higher prices on Clan Mechpacks, but there's no reason to make a difference for cockpititems - except higher revenue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users