#21 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:59 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 16 April 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

What is the current loyalty boost per item? That info is hard to find on this website.

Is the hologram the same boost as the banner?

Indeed. This information needs to be up in lights. If you are loyal to your house, clan, merc unit then those items give bonus loyalty points. At the higher levels every little bit helps a ton.

#22 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:16 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 16 April 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

Kay Wolf what cockpit items would you like to see put on sale for Mercs?

Pirate stuff of course.

#23 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:58 AM

Warhorns on sale - very nice !

#24 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:43 AM

This is the problem with this company...they nerf the **** out of the clans but want us to spend more money on them.

This is why I refunded wave 3 and never bothered with wave 2. No positive value out of any of them besides a few mechs why in the hell should cups also be more expensive for clans?

#25 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 16 April 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

some real Mad Max stuff, chains, animal skulls, etc.?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give us Roadwarrior themed items! I NEED a skull...

#26 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 17 April 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

This is the problem with this company...they nerf the **** out of the clans but want us to spend more money on them.

This is why I refunded wave 3 and never bothered with wave 2. No positive value out of any of them besides a few mechs why in the hell should cups also be more expensive for clans?

Oh, looks like someone is mad that their CrutchTech isn't blatently better than Inner Sphere Tech. Listen - if you want ClanTech to be flat-better than IS tech, then go play either TT BattleTech or a PvE Mechwarrior game. Remember that MW:O is a PvP game where both factions (IS and Clans) are supposed to be desirable choices... It's not supposed to be Glorious Master Clan Race vs The Scrubs Who Field Crap Equipment. If it were, then nobody would want to play in the Inner Sphere aside from role players.

Image a 10v12 system where Clan Mechs are OP and so are fielded in smaller numbers. You'd have everyone playing Clan Mechs since they are better, and you get to kill more enemies. That would lead to a massive queue imbalance where you *need* more IS player than Clan players to create 10v12 matches, but you actually *have* more Clan players than IS players because Clans are outright better. It would suck royally.

#27 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 17 April 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

Indeed. This information needs to be up in lights. If you are loyal to your house, clan, merc unit then those items give bonus loyalty points. At the higher levels every little bit helps a ton.

Faction items give bonus loyalty points?

Is that true? I don't see anything about that.

#28 ninjaphobos

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 96 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 16 April 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

Does this include Cameron and Dagger Star Warhorns?

+1

#29 Torchfire Katayama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 17 April 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

Oh, looks like someone is mad that their CrutchTech isn't blatently better than Inner Sphere Tech. Listen - if you want ClanTech to be flat-better than IS tech, then go play either TT BattleTech or a PvE Mechwarrior game. Remember that MW:O is a PvP game where both factions (IS and Clans) are supposed to be desirable choices... It's not supposed to be Glorious Master Clan Race vs The Scrubs Who Field Crap Equipment. If it were, then nobody would want to play in the Inner Sphere aside from role players.

Image a 10v12 system where Clan Mechs are OP and so are fielded in smaller numbers. You'd have everyone playing Clan Mechs since they are better, and you get to kill more enemies. That would lead to a massive queue imbalance where you *need* more IS player than Clan players to create 10v12 matches, but you actually *have* more Clan players than IS players because Clans are outright better. It would suck royally.

Except for the fact that IS mech have all these nifty quirks that make them way more heat efficient and fire faster AND further than any clan mech with a comparable load out. But wait, slower firing hotter clans mechs with no pinpoint ballistics are OP. My bad.

#30 EOD Operator

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 89 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:17 PM

I would love to buy some more cockpit items except the fact that every time I try to equip one, MWO crashes. Support tickets have been in for over a month. Last I heard from support was 25 March.

#31 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

Clan mechs do cost more and are definitely not worth it (unless you are a hardcore roleplayer). The Resistance mechs were cheaper than Wave 2 and better than any of the Clan mechs (with the exception of maybe the Timber, or Storm Crow). People who bought clan collections have the right to be upset that they did not get what they expected, especially since most of the Clan tech was nerfed after it was delivered.

I should know better than to respond to you by now anyway, you are a troll who supposedly quit playing MWO a while ago.

Edited by Ed Steele, 18 April 2015 - 09:58 PM.

#32 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

I am done with Clan mechs in MWO too, especially after reading Russ' latest tweets regarding negative quirks for the upcoming Clan variants and seeing all the positively giddy responses by the "Clans are OP" morons on Twitter and Reddit.

#33 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

Sales are cool but cockpit items don't actually give me an extra reason to play the game.

I can't wait to see whats in store for us with the Tukayyid event next weekend.

#34 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:19 PM

Battle Value, developed specifically for MWO, modified by game-determined piloting and gunnery skill multipliers, as in the tabletop, would allow PGI to remove all quirks from all 'Mechs and level the playing field. Clan 'Mechs would have much higher Battle Values than Inner Sphere 'Mechs and, thus, there would be fewer of them on the field. Frankly, PGI needs to figure out how to allow different sized teams, the push Elo to become the game-determined Piloting and Gunnery Skill values, build a MechLab-based MWO-focused Battle Value system, set teams in buckets of BV rather than Elo, and let the teams go at it with Battle Value bucket totals that rest within 5% of one another, and then watch the game level out. You will NEVER have balance while using Elo, and the Clan 'Mechs will continue to be Nerf'd, as opposed to their being what they should be, and then evened out in accordance with the open-ended BV system, as opposed to the horribly limited Elo system.

Honestly, PGI keeps coming up with these quirks and all this BS to try and level out these 'Mechs for play, when they really need to spend time doing the opposite, making the 'Mechs what they are supposed to be, and building a calculate-at-Checkout MWO-centric BV system, which BV is modified by the PS/GS of the player, then loaded into a bucket with buddies or PUGs, and a similar BV-sized group found, and then hell ensues on the battlefield. Jesus, PGI, when are you going to open your damn ears?!

#35 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:36 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 17 April 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

Battle Value, developed specifically for MWO, modified by game-determined piloting and gunnery skill multipliers, as in the tabletop, would allow PGI to remove all quirks from all 'Mechs and level the playing field. Clan 'Mechs would have much higher Battle Values than Inner Sphere 'Mechs and, thus, there would be fewer of them on the field. Frankly, PGI needs to figure out how to allow different sized teams, the push Elo to become the game-determined Piloting and Gunnery Skill values, build a MechLab-based MWO-focused Battle Value system, set teams in buckets of BV rather than Elo, and let the teams go at it with Battle Value bucket totals that rest within 5% of one another, and then watch the game level out. You will NEVER have balance while using Elo, and the Clan 'Mechs will continue to be Nerf'd, as opposed to their being what they should be, and then evened out in accordance with the open-ended BV system, as opposed to the horribly limited Elo system.

Honestly, PGI keeps coming up with these quirks and all this BS to try and level out these 'Mechs for play, when they really need to spend time doing the opposite, making the 'Mechs what they are supposed to be, and building a calculate-at-Checkout MWO-centric BV system, which BV is modified by the PS/GS of the player, then loaded into a bucket with buddies or PUGs, and a similar BV-sized group found, and then hell ensues on the battlefield. Jesus, PGI, when are you going to open your damn ears?!

We can already do different-sized games in private matches, but I believe that PGI's reasoning for not having it in public queues was that it takes a whole server for one match, so they did not want to allocate a server to less than 24 players unless two of the players had active premium time to offset the cost. I agree though, everything should be un-quirked / nerfed and BV should be used.

#36 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:39 PM

If you can't win matches in Clan Mechs then frankly the problem is not the company.

Clans have the two best in class Mech chassis in Heavy and Medium, and equal best in Assaults..

Whenever I want to grind CBills, I jump in a Timbergod or EZcrow and clean up.

As for this sale: "meh" doesn't capture my level of disinterest.

Edited by Appogee, 17 April 2015 - 11:42 PM.

#37 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:39 AM

Wait? Besides the medallions something else gives a loyalty boost?

#38 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:27 PM

View PostDocta Pain, on 18 April 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

Wait? Besides the medallions something else gives a loyalty boost?

It's all a mystery!

#39 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:50 PM

I can appreciate that perspective. And I feel like its still only half balanced.

Please explain to me why clan mechs still cost so much more than IS.
ie. You can buy an IS Assault for the same price as a clan medium, possibly even two IS assaults.
How should this egregious discrepancy be balanced?

#40 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:02 PM

View PostAppogee, on 17 April 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

If you can't win matches in Clan Mechs then frankly the problem is not the company.

Clans have the two best in class Mech chassis in Heavy and Medium, and equal best in Assaults..

Whenever I want to grind CBills, I jump in a Timbergod or EZcrow and clean up.

As for this sale: "meh" doesn't capture my level of disinterest.

Sorry, I have destroyed more Timber Wolves than vice versa and I think that perpetuating the idea the the Timber Wolf is OP does a disservice to new players who will buy them and think that they will carry battles in them. The Storm Crow is a well balanced mech, but far from OP, just shoot it in the legs or the CT.

I can not say this enough.... it is the skill of the mechwarrior, not the mech that wins a fight.

View PostJess Hazen, on 18 April 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

I can appreciate that perspective. And I feel like its still only half balanced.

Please explain to me why clan mechs still cost so much more than IS.
ie. You can buy an IS Assault for the same price as a clan medium, possibly even two IS assaults.
How should this egregious discrepancy be balanced?

PGI knows that Clan players spend more money, so they charge more because they can, there is no reason.

Edited by Ed Steele, 18 April 2015 - 10:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users