A Call To Arms: Tukayyid! Get Your Units Ready!

34 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:53 AM

Ok the next event is prove once and all to the clans that the IS is NOT a joke. A rather insignificant little world called
Tukayyid!

will be the defining moment. If we can slam these clanners to a stone cold stop we will have won. Some even say a time shifting event will occur and we could find ourselves back to where they even showed up!

All unit leaders, all units you are NEEDED. Speak to your fellow team mates. Speak to the pugs. Speak to your little sister and explain all the network in your home will be needed that day. Give her 10 bucks to go play outside.

Get on the FRR TS hub. Form up as many 12 man groups as that server can handle. Then form up even more.

The Free Rasalhauge Republic NEEDS you now more than ever. We were on the ropes. Then we rebounded and took back many worlds and even more!

Together lets make this final event before Doc revs up the locust to 141.622 kph one the clanners will cry about for years to come :)

#2 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:32 AM

The event is 3 days long, right? Gonna be a slobber-knocker if population is proper.

I'll be there with a rag-tag militia of anyone I can muster up.

#3 Brother MEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:13 AM

View PostSandersson Jankins, on 17 April 2015 - 04:32 AM, said:

I'll be there with a rag-tag militia of anyone I can muster up.
Me too ... and I asume my small planetary milita from the Deep Pheriphery planet RANDIS IV might even be worse than yours :rolleyes:

PS: How about joining our Unit [BoR] ? I am currently assembling a team for this event !
( ANYONE fielding this tag can invite new members, and we already have more than 200, mostly SOLO players or INACTIVE )

Edited by Brother MEX, 17 April 2015 - 07:11 AM.

#4 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:29 AM

Should be a lot of fun, but the funny part I saw in the notes is that it will be immediately followed by a map reset. XD

#5 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:36 AM

Is this battle going to be post rumored reset and after they make some serious attempts at addressing the glaring flaws?

I'm not sure I'd want to participate in 3 days worth of bottleneck slaughters, poor map design, mind-numbingly simple objectives, Light rushes and Spawnkills, sprinkled with bad attitudes over VOIP. Not exactly my idea of a good time even if they throw in free crap.

Edited by rolly, 17 April 2015 - 05:37 AM.

#6 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:27 AM

From what I read it is going to prelude the reset, but be after the change that makes attacks and counters 50/50.

Also said they were probably going to double generator hp to try to limit light rushing.

FRR teams don't tend to have the bad attitudes (no idea where your experience is for that, my assumption would be standard drops/pug land).

Slaughters generally only happen when your team is unorganized and not coordinating, although there are times where you'll hit a bad team performance and be up against a really good unit - still fun to be had there.

For the objectives, spawn kills and map design - well there's really not much to say there - the devs pretty much made it sound like they aren't even remotely interested in expanding the depth of the game other than their future iteration of 4v4 which will mostly end up being the same thing with smaller squads placed on the smaller standard maps.

4v4 probably will not amount to anything more than 4 pugs getting squashed by a 4 man pre-made because they intend to make it a requirement to open up the next attack lane or some such thing. Same problems, less mechs, unnecessary server load.

If they'd just incorporate stuff like the 4v4 "scout mission" directly into the 12v12 matches and maps the game would spread out and the pugs wouldn't be getting focus fire obliterated so badly.

#7 Ulfgar Snorrison

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStanding stoically at the longship's prow.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

View Postrolly, on 17 April 2015 - 05:36 AM, said:

Is this battle going to be post rumored reset and after they make some serious attempts at addressing the glaring flaws?

I'm not sure I'd want to participate in 3 days worth of bottleneck slaughters, poor map design, mind-numbingly simple objectives, Light rushes and Spawnkills, sprinkled with bad attitudes over VOIP. Not exactly my idea of a good time even if they throw in free crap.

Aaahhh, Rolly, fellow-me-lad! I believe that's one of the finest list of reasons for laying in a large supply of Shiner Bock I've ever read. My thanks to you. Death to the Clans!

#8 M A C E

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:19 AM

Sounds reminiscent of the battle of Wazan-grad where Marik and Davion clobbered each other.

http://mwomercs.com/...h-wazan-salute/

http://mwomercs.com/...c/183736-wazan/

http://mwomercs.com/...e-meat-grinder/

http://mwomercs.com/...er/page__st__40

Someone did some calculations and came up with the number of destroyed mechs. Something like 12,500 mechs destroyed, according to Russ's formula. StillRadioactive estimated an average for all 8 days of fighting at around 12,600 and change IIRC, with 5,200 during the HotZone period of 3 hours prior to Cease Fire over the 8 days.

It is not as much as lore indicated was destroyed on Tukayyid, but still a significant number.

Edited by M A C E, 17 April 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#9 Kasechemui

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:12 AM

The Tamar-Jaeger will attend.
We will hit them with the full force of our entire battalion.

#10 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:48 AM

The Brotherhood will take a week long vacation from the Clan front for R&R.

We will make sure to be at your side in the shieldwall on Tukayyid.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 17 April 2015 - 11:50 AM.

#11 Stormwolfe13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 120 posts
  • LocationJersey Strong

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 17 April 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

Ok the next event is prove once and all to the clans that the IS is NOT a joke.

What day and time does it start? Eastern US Time please.

#12 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:33 PM

Gotta work weekends, too bad they won't make it 5 day event. House merc units should return home in preparation.

#13 Calcite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:49 PM

#14 Calcite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

Eat all never move

#15 Nighpher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 144 posts
  • LocationBackwater planet

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

Edited by Nighpher, 17 April 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#16 ClaymoreReIIik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 499 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:40 AM

The 331st is going to be running a CW "Pick up Group" on the FRR Hub for the duration of the event. (Depending on the way the unit leaderboards are calculated we might run more then one.)

One of our league team dropleads is going to be running that show (Pu-Group) for your enjoyment.

Don't know yet which one of us is going to be leading what timeslot but probably every evening from 7pm CET until midnight CET, with various dropleads taking turns.

As soon we know more about how leaderboards are calculated and what dropleads are available, I will post more.

EDIT: Based on the way the Queue works and the way the leaderboards are calculated we are going to make sure that the majority of us will be building 12 man premades with friendly units to have less people quit the event.

With that in mind we will not be running groups on the FRR Hub. Sorry.

Edited by ClaymoreReIIik, 26 April 2015 - 01:23 PM.

#17 S E M T E X

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAbout to core your mech

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:59 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 17 April 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

Ok the next event is prove once and all to the clans that the IS is NOT a joke. A rather insignificant world.

will be the defining moment. If we can slam these clanners to a stone cold stop we will have won. Some even say a time shifting event will occur and we could find ourselves back to where they even showed up!

All unit leaders, all units you are NEEDED. Speak to your fellow team mates. Speak to the pugs. Speak to your little sister and explain all the network in your home will be needed that day. Give her 10 bucks to go play outside.

Get on the FRR TS hub. Form up as many 12 man groups as that server can handle. Then form up even more.

The Free Rasalhauge Republic NEEDS you now more than ever. We were on the ropes. Then we rebounded and took back many worlds and even more!

Together lets make this final event before Doc revs up the locust to 141.622 kph one the clanners will cry about for years to come :)

Tom is that you ?

Sheeeeeeeeaaaaat ?????!!!!!!!!

Hurry up boys,before we get OLD !!!!!!!

IM IN !!!

Edited by Captin Angelo, 20 April 2015 - 07:01 AM.

#18 Marodeur

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBraunschweig, Germany

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:58 AM

Guys, the Brotherhood of Steel [BoS] is back from the vacation in the Liao territory and ready for the battle. We crash and burn the Clanners together!

#19 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

I just arrived back in FRR space a couple of nights ago. Just in time for some action!

#20 Fat Jack Murphy

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEuropa

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

Hammiltons Hammers have already booked their Hotels in Two-Cow-Jihad or however it is spelled.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users