- - - - -

Help Catching Up

3 replies to this topic

#1 Pablova

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:15 AM

Hello
I Started playing this game during the beta but then stopped (for various reasons) just before all this clan stuff dropped.
Last time i played it was all about streaks and gun boating Gauss or AC 20's,

I am looking to get back into the game and i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me quick summery of what i have missed and any major changes that might have happened since i left.

#2 z MadButcher z

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 102 posts
  • LocationButchers Chop Shop

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:13 AM

The biggest addition so far is CW which is a team based 12v12 fight for an objective which allows you to take planets. You can take mercenary contracts with any faction or go loyalist. Clans are another big addition. They use omni mechs instead of battlemechs which they basically can interchange parts within a chassis. Their lasers shoot farther and do more damage, but have a longer burn time and generate more heat. They also have burst fire autocannons which shoot a stream of smaller damage rounds to put out damage instead of a singular slug. Quirks have also been introduced which increase performance for mechs. As far as quirks go there are specific quirks which apply to only one weapon like medium laser cool down 15%, but quirks like 15% laser cool down applies to every laser weapon. Boating refers to basing your mech around a singular weapon type. For example laser boating takes mainly laser weapons and nothing else. The main advantage of boating is it is easier to group weapon effective range and target leading so you are more effective. Because of quirks and other changes certain mechs are considered meta ( the best mechs) they are also listed in tiers to help group how well they work. For a complete tier list and guides on how to build mechs check out metamechs.com and if you want to see how a build works before buying everything in game check out Smurfys website.

I hope this helps.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:38 AM

ui2.0 was a few months before the Clans dropped, if you did not experiance it they that could take some getting used to.

Clans did not turn out to be anywhere near as overpowered as they have in previous MW games, only the Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) and Stormcrow (ryukin) are seriously overpowered at this point.

to help make the IS Mechs competitive against most Clan Mechs there was a Quirkening, almost every IS Mech received a quirk pass, in many cases this gave them a significant boost to a specific weapon system, although others have received extra armor or structure or other quirks, in some cases the quirks have doubled the effectiveness of a specific weapon fitted to a specific Mech, e.g. the HBK-4G received a 12.5 bonus for all ballistic weapons and an additional 12.5% for the AC20 in range, reload speed and projectile velocity, combined this means the AC20 fires 25% faster and further than usual and that the projectile travels 25% faster, it also got extra armor for the Hunch.
that together means unless you hate the AC20 you will always want to take one if using the HBK-4G. Many other Mechs received similar (although generally lower) boosts for their trademark weapon.

as z Mad Butcher z said CW is another big one.

PGI (the developer) has parted ways with IGP (the former publisher) and since the split a lot of things have improved, including now there is a lot more communication and there are events most weekends

#4 Pablova

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:10 PM

Thanks for the reply's.
It took awhile but i have got my head around UI2.0. So far i am liking the new maps and what they offer for lights (and pseudo-lights) particularly with jump jets, unfortunately though it still seems that having ecm is still essential to do the best job of the scouting role so i may need to get some new light mechs.
Haven't really looked into the clan stuff yet but i may start once i get up to speed again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users