169 replies to this topic

#41 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:27 PM

To the 63 sectors thing I would rather suspect it has to do with 2^6=64 and not with the amount of clans or maps (thus being a issue of the programming. Starting to count by 0 you can have a maximum amount of 63 sectors without taking changes in the data structure, which may be hard to test(because you normally cannot get enough people testing to make sure even higher amounts would be possible).

But it's most likely not important to think about the number of sectors, but to fill them :)
It's a shame I cannot get to Tukayyid, because I have to be elsewhere the whole weekend :/

Wish all who participate most of fun and honour and all the good fights you need!

#42 Brother MEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:10 AM

In preparation for this Battle, of which I learned yesterday at http://mwomercs.com/...ur-units-ready/ , I have already set up the 1st Tukayyid Regulars Community Warfare team of our unit [BoR]
As most of our 200+ members are SOLO players or INACTIVE, I am still looking for voluteers :(

View PostTriordinant, on 17 April 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

MAYBE we can participate in a 3 week long event next May in the next phase of Community Warfare :wub:

Edited by Brother MEX, 18 April 2015 - 12:27 AM.

#43 Raflik

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:13 AM

Question:
So battle is appointed as IS vs Clan only.
Will there then be a possibility to make an inter-fraction group for each side?
Like there is a 6 ppl form Jade Falcon Unit, and 6 ppl from their ally unit in Clan Wolf, so they can make 12-man to fight instated of trying to syncdrop (which seems almost impossible)
Or we just stick to 1-fraction group only?

#44 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:20 AM

What a great way to end this phase of the beta test.

I look forward to the chaos.

For all of those complaining remember pgi could have just hit the reset switch without any events or fanfare. They don't have to give away anything, they choose to.

I think this will also give some good feedback to the balance of clans vs IS at the moment.

#45 DarkExar

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:51 AM

Many question arise but one is why such event is announced only ONE week before?

#46 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:12 AM

Only a week-end?

#47 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:24 AM

View PostFluero, on 17 April 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

The clans are already LOSING and "people payed us $$$million for PTW, so lets stop the blood shed and save those payperwinners from humiliation and reset it with a mass battle to represent the Big T..."

hardly a saving of face for the clanners..... soz clanners, you got beaten with a big stick weeks back.... winning here wont gain you any respect/bondsmen/beer/wenches/cheering crowds...

good luck tending farms 100 light years way... your cabbage I hear is of particular flatulence inducing...!

In your fantasy world, are there rides?

#48 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:33 AM

Meh give clans their range back and superior lasers and I'd be more eager to try this out.

#49 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:15 AM

Graet.

Now I m splitted in 2 ways.
1. there is a privat Event where I have to bee.
2.....Even that I m Clan in MWO...in the Mechforce I was a Defender of the IS. We fought the Clans wherever we meet them.
3. Even that we are Clan..in scrimms we mainly use IS Mechs...cause we want to win. That means always use the strongest mechs possibel...I don t know iff we are still Abel to Play Clanmechs. Some don t touch them anymore for a Long time.

#50 Suzano

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:17 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 17 April 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

Yes, lets kick the clans in the nuts, see the game play is totally broken toward IS and numbers in general, nerf the clan mechs more and then offer the battle.

or is this your attempt to get the people back who stopped playing after seeing your intense bullcrap?

/sign

#51 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:14 AM

Unintentional side effect of showing that the map is entirely superfluous?

100 worlds with 15 zones...randomized maps...
1 world with 63 zones..randomized maps...

Yeah..

whoops.

#52 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:40 AM

View Postxeromynd, on 17 April 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

One of the most important battles in BT that, canonically, takes place over 20 days, is condensed into one weekend. We've had prize grab events that lasted longer.
:-/

Maybe I'm just bitter because I'll be away, and have been looking forward to this for a while.
Hope it's fun.

The rate at how the IS is taking back planets now, IS just did 5 years + in the time of 1 week.
Relatively, this battle takes part in 3 months in MW: O community time.

#53 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:45 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 18 April 2015 - 03:14 AM, said:

Unintentional side effect of showing that the map is entirely superfluous?

100 worlds with 15 zones...randomized maps...
1 world with 63 zones..randomized maps...

Yeah..

whoops.

Oh well.. You know, the whole point of CW is to capture planets.. So for me it still has a meaning. On the other hand, bonuses for owning factories etc. tied with R&R and different Regular/Merc mechanics... Would that be OP? That is nothing more than what i was expecting for Phase 3..

#54 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:12 AM

View PostPhoenixNMGLB, on 18 April 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

What a great way to end this phase of the beta test.

I look forward to the chaos.

For all of those complaining remember pgi could have just hit the reset switch without any events or fanfare. They don't have to give away anything, they choose to.

I think this will also give some good feedback to the balance of clans vs IS at the moment.

Or ..you know..they could reset the map and not have the most IMPORTANT BATTLE OF BATTLETECH Happen during a broken ass beta and for "testing " purposes?! Right before everything is reset, Why do that? Why not just have it be "Random lets brawl it out before maps are reset"

People already know what we need to do to balance Clan vs IS, but PGI aint gonna do it cause it would require work, admitting they are wrong, and throwing out their system for a new one.

Edited by Seph MacLeod, 18 April 2015 - 04:33 AM.

#55 Shiro Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

Ok my OCD is giving me a thing behind my eye, so I'm going to be "That Guy" and correct a few things...

Quoting the InnerSphere News original post...

In BattleTech lore, the Battle of Tukayyid was a massive campaign that pit the combined forces of the invading Clans against the entirety of the Inner Sphere.
- erm...no, it was a series of staged battles fought between twenty-five Galaxies of Clan forces and Twelve armies of ComStar's Com Guards.

ComStar challenged the Clan forces to a 'batchall': a ritualistic trial of combat
- urgh...The batchall is the ritualistic challenge of combat issued by Clan warriors. It almost always involves the attacker announcing to the defender their identity and size of their forces, the objective of their challenge, and a request for what forces will oppose them. The defender then responds by identifying what military forces they intend to use to defend the objective and may choose the battlefield the challenge will take place on. The actual combat, in this case, was a Trial of Posession with Terra being the prize.

If the Clans achieved victory under the stated terms, they would claim Terra without ever needing to step foot on its soil.
- Ok, technically this should read, If the majority of these targets were conquered by the Clans then Terra would be allowed to fall into which ever clan could advance to it first.

I think that's it for now....OCD calming now...

#56 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:33 AM

View PostShiro Kell, on 18 April 2015 - 05:06 AM, said:

Ok my OCD is giving me a thing behind my eye, so I'm going to be "That Guy" and correct a few things...

Quoting the InnerSphere News original post...

In BattleTech lore, the Battle of Tukayyid was a massive campaign that pit the combined forces of the invading Clans against the entirety of the Inner Sphere.
- erm...no, it was a series of staged battles fought between twenty-five Galaxies of Clan forces and Twelve armies of ComStar's Com Guards.

Right. They should have at least mentioned the ComGuards, quiaff?

However, it was a campaign on its own right; battles were not staged in the sense that the location of the engagement was previously agreed upon and logistics and supplies played a vital part; the main reason the Clans lost is because their forces are not used to long campaigns vs short and brutal engagements.

ComStar challenged the Clan forces to a 'batchall': a ritualistic trial of combat
- urgh...The batchall is the ritualistic challenge of combat issued by Clan warriors. It almost always involves the attacker announcing to the defender their identity and size of their forces, the objective of their challenge, and a request for what forces will oppose them. The defender then responds by identifying what military forces they intend to use to defend the objective and may choose the battlefield the challenge will take place on. The actual combat, in this case, was a Trial of Posession with Terra being the prize.

Right. I would have mentioned Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht bargaining with IlKhan Urlic Kerensky for the conditions of said Trial.. Since we are talking about BT lore and not MWO's rewritten history.

If the Clans achieved victory under the stated terms, they would claim Terra without ever needing to step foot on its soil.
- Ok, technically this should read, If the majority of these targets were conquered by the Clans then Terra would be allowed to fall into which ever clan could advance to it first.

Indeed. It sounds like the Clans would claim Terra and just go away without even landing on it :mellow:

GG PGI lol.

I think Niko Snow would have written a slightly better description

Edited by CyclonerM, 18 April 2015 - 05:34 AM.

#57 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:59 AM

well im sorry to say that i wont participate, CW seem longer matches than the regular ones which in fact I make way more CBills faster in regular games anyways.

As for the prizes, all seem vague on description of these, all of what was written concerning the prizes, underwhelming to say the least.

CW is still in beta and I have to say there is some things missing, it just doesn't feel right to play CW.

#58 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 18 April 2015 - 04:12 AM, said:

Or ..you know..they could reset the map and not have the most IMPORTANT BATTLE OF BATTLETECH Happen during a broken ass beta and for "testing " purposes?! Right before everything is reset, Why do that? Why not just have it be "Random lets brawl it out before maps are reset"

People already know what we need to do to balance Clan vs IS, but PGI aint gonna do it cause it would require work, admitting they are wrong, and throwing out their system for a new one.

I doubt this will be the last battle for Tukayyid, do you think as many players would get behind a random brawl for a random planet?

CW isn't broken - it's in development, there's a difference. It's still a beta test.

If it bothers you don't take part.

#59 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

View PostDarkExar, on 18 April 2015 - 12:51 AM, said:

Many question arise but one is why such event is announced only ONE week before?

Presumably because the date was fast approaching and they hadn't really planned ahead for it. This is a pretty big event, but it's still really only the end of the first trial beta phase of CW, just a way to spice up the end of the first try in a fun way. This will be done again, though better in the future.

#60 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:10 AM

Will we be seeing a new Community Warfare map before the battle?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users