Ideas And Suggestions For Cw Maps

2 replies to this topic

Poll: Rock the vote for Map ideas! (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the idea of replacing the Omega Generator with an Ammo Supply?

1. Yes (3 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Other (Please Explain) (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

4. Abstain (4 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Do you like the idea of adding Objectives to attack/defend and give Generators a better purpose?

1. Yes (7 votes [77.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Other (Please Explain) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Abstain (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Would you like to see Gates open into the ground instead of side-to-side?

1. Yes (3 votes [33.33%] - View)

2. No (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Other (Please Explain) (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

4. Abstain (3 votes [33.33%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:45 PM

One thing that's bugged me is how Omega is the power source for the ground equivalent of the Naval Gauss Rifle, but where's the ammo feed into the thing?

So the idea I have is to give the beast an ammo supply and loaders in place of the current Omega Generator (the system to power the capacitors can be thought to be imbedded inside / in-between the barrels of the weapon).

Then it would be nice to add additional Objectives to protect and destroy that are connected to the Generators. So:

Omega becomes the (hungry) ammo feed for the main weapon.

The Generators are in charge of freight elevators that bring up more supplies and vehicles to the surface, to maintain the weapon. As each are destroyed, the services slow down and expose Omega.

So I'd have one elevator (or just a building) provide (maybe a finite supply) of either a truck, or track (or even a rail supply system if possible) to bring more ammo to the weapon.

A second one is in charge of elevating ammo from another underground storage area so that ammo can be loaded onto the transports, this one, probably should not be finite, but ammo should be destroy-able.

A third elevator (or building) provides Power Loaders (maybe a finite supply too) that place the ammo onto the Transports and loads Omega so that the main weapon can keep attacking, so Omega can still get resupplied, until the all of the Objectives are dealt with.

Where, as each generator is destroyed, reloading the weapon is slowed down, since it takes the elevators more time to reach the surface as the surface generators are destroyed, and finally come to a halt once Omega is destroyed.

So to help imagine this idea. There should be one transport that would move a predetermined circuit to the weapon, the elevator (in case a transport was destroyed, a new one rises up to continue the circuit), and the ammo supply elevator.

There will be two loaders; one that loads the transport, and the second at Omega loading the main weapon. When one is destroyed, a new Loader rises from an Elevator (or building) to keep Omega fed to keep firing.

The intervals for these actions can be whatever works best. It is possible to imagine the full circuit to be two to five minutes long (over a short distance) or whatever is best for a thirty minute match.

The common tracked transport is said to carry 11 tons of ammo and is lightly armored, but speedy enough at 81 / 89.1 kph.
And the Power Loader seems able to move at least 2.5 tons at a time and also has weak armor, but should be able to load quickly running max at ~64 / 71 KPH.

Posted Image

A few more screenshots of Omega with the current Generator
Spoiler

It would also be nice to see the weapon rotate on it's circular track and have the barrels move up and down as its firing.

A second idea is if the gates remain dependent on the Gate Generators, then I would like to see the gates recede onto the ground, when the generator is destroyed, instead of seeing them open to the sides as they currently do.

Here is an example:

Posted Image

From the exterior of the base, the gate design looks like an old medieval drawbridge. When the Generator is destroyed, the gate lowers towards the exterior of the base, and maybe a smaller crash barrier rises behind the lowered gate (it should still be possible to move around the crash barrier since it should be shorter than the lowered gate, for example if the gate is 12 meters long than there could be two 4.5 M long crash barriers that have gaps to the sides and the center, that mechs can squeeze through).

Another alternative is to have the weapon be an SDS Planetary / Naval PPC weapon, where destroying each Generator slows it rate of fire until are four are destroyed!

I wouldn't mind seeing and hearing dual booming PPC bursts from those cannons instead, could add a generator or two too to bases, aside from raising HP.

Will add more here when I can explain myself better!

Edited by Praetor Knight, 20 April 2015 - 03:22 PM.

#2 ShadowFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

The Naval Gauss guns need capacitors not a generator. Also they should not belch fire and smoke when they fire, They Are GAUSS Guns!!!! A really, really, loud sonic boom and vapor shock-wave effect would be cool. One felt in your mech like an Atlas assault mech falling down close by.

Also the gate barriers should be pop-up hydraulic crash barriers not slabs of reinforced concrete on rollers (Track and roller systems are far to easy to jam).

Pop-up hydraulic crash barrier:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZujRvN0WE8

Edited by ShadowFire, 18 April 2015 - 10:29 AM.

#3 HUNTERS MOON

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

The Gun should be one large hard cannon with two round generators next to it. What... tell me I am wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users