7 replies to this topic

#1 ForeverN00b

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUnited States Navy

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:07 AM

I just got back into MWO after shelving it for awhile while in open beta, and I have a few questions.
1. I have 3 Jenner variants, how do I know which one is my Founders variant? (This also applies to the other founder mechs as well).
2. My current MWO version is 32 bit, but I'm using a 64 bit OS. Is there any advantage to switching to 64 bit, and if so how do I go about doing that?
3. What is a Champion mech?

#2 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:29 AM

Welcome Back!

1) Founders mechs appear with a F in parentheses after the mech designaton, for example, JR7-D (F).

2) 64 bit should run a little better and faster on 64 bit systems, and it is the way forward. I have been running 64 bit since they announced it and have had zero issues with it. To run 64 bit, after starting the program, BUT BEFORE PRESSING PLAY, in the upper right hand corner of the launcher (the screen where you would normally press PLAY) there is something that looks like gears. This is where you would run the repair tool from. Click the gears and you will have a drop down box. Select the last option, which is "Use 64bit game client".

3) Champion mechs gain extra XP, whereas hero mechs gain extra c-bills. (I believe.)

Edited by mailin, 18 April 2015 - 02:29 AM.

#3 ForeverN00b

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUnited States Navy

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:31 AM

Right on, thank you.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:51 AM

A Champion Mechs with an (C) on the end of there varient name comes preupgraded and have a better than stock loadout as well as a 50% XP bonus, however in all other respects they are identical to the same variant without the (C) which is available for cbills.

Champions are pay for convenience, and come on sale quite frequently.

#5 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:11 AM

View PostForeverN00b, on 18 April 2015 - 02:07 AM, said:

I just got back into MWO after shelving it for awhile while in open beta, and I have a few questions.
1. I have 3 Jenner variants, how do I know which one is my Founders variant? (This also applies to the other founder mechs as well).
2. My current MWO version is 32 bit, but I'm using a 64 bit OS. Is there any advantage to switching to 64 bit, and if so how do I go about doing that?
3. What is a Champion mech?

A 32 bit OS can only use about 3½Gb of memory, a 64 bit OS can use up to 128Gb of memory.

Edited by LMP, 18 April 2015 - 09:11 AM.

#6 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

I get a "missing file" error when I try to switch over to 64bit. Is there a quick fix? Am not IT smart.

#7 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

Quick? No. However!

There are some requirements for running the 64 bit client that are different, I got that same error when I first tried to run it. I'll try to find the things I found that fixed it.

The 64 bit client apparently is much more stable than the 32 bit client.

Edit:

Click here. Even if you think you have it, do the two things in step 1, that's what fixed my problem for me.

Edited by Banditman, 18 April 2015 - 11:03 AM.

#8 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:34 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 18 April 2015 - 04:51 AM, said:

A Champion Mechs with an (C) on the end of there varient name comes preupgraded and have a better than stock loadout as well as a 50% XP bonus,

30% actually.

Also, and this is a very important detail,
Champion mechs DO NOT count as a unique variant from the variant they are based off of! A Raven 3L (C) is identical to a Raven 3L in hardpoint configuration and for unlocking mech skills. They don't count as separate variants. The difference is the XP bonus on the one and the loadout. You could make the same loadout with the RVN 3L.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users