Is Mwo Sli Compatible?

Question

4 replies to this topic

#1 LawnMowerMan817

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:05 AM

I was just curious. It seems like this game doesn't quite use all my cards. I end up getting under 60fps while at max settings (1080p). I don't have this level of performance with any other game I own. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by LawnMowerMan817, 18 April 2015 - 03:22 AM.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:24 AM

There is a SLI profile in the Nvidia driver and the functionality has been eneabled in the game engine.

For some reason it's not having the same result for all SLI users. Some report actual drops in frame rates. Others report about the same performance and a third group reports various degrees of increased frame rates.

#3 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:49 AM

Moving over to Hardware & Accessories...

#4 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:33 AM

What CPU Do you Have (Would help if you post other Specs also, Like what Cards you have and PSU to Power Everything With)? MWO is a Very CPU Hungry game so maybe you have a CPU Bottleneck causing your Cards to be Underutilized. Have you tried removing/disabling a card and see if that helps? also, Even High end Rigs can't Exactly maintain a Steady/Constant 60FPS with everything Maxed out, it still needs some Performance Optimizations.

#5 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:30 AM

As Egomane has said, there is an SLI profile and it is enabled for the game so it does *technically* work. The problem is that the performance is erratic. After moving to my 5820K, I enabled SLI again with my GTX 660 TIs. The result was that there were still image issues which could only be partially resolved with a combination of further-tweaking the MWO profile and running the game without any AA. On top of that, while I would experience awesome max fps rates, my min rates were about the same as a single card and my average wasn't any better, either. I've given up bothering with SLI and replaced my former cards with a single GTX 980. It's a way better experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users