lol

#22 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:32 AM

Well, important it we need some bigger units people scouting the pugs and group them and organise them (even if only temporary). They key to success will be winning with the Pugs.

#23 Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBitterVet

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:25 AM

Hail,

I pretty much have zero interest in this event, wash-rinse-repeat. I hope it does turnout to be great for those that show and I really do want this game to succeed, but I just have better options right now for gaming that I am keen on playing.

Your going to see a boatload of the Uber Tweaked / Quirked IS Mechs and fast lights. I still am not sure, if PGI just wants to sells Mechs or if they really feel 20-30-40-50% tweaks make the game better....

Seyla,

#24 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:11 AM

Trothkin, clan jade falcon plans to bid several of their elite units at the battle of Tukayyid and we plan to hit the stravags hard. I believe clan wolf also had bidding some of their finist warriors including MS. How are the other clans bidding? Do we have the force to fight off comstar ?

Clan jade falcon may have under bid , we may not have the largest force against the IS. But if we win with an underbidded force we will be more honored in the remembrance

Edited by Grimwill, 23 April 2015 - 09:17 AM.

#25 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:16 AM

Event has been extended to the 30th; thank god.

#26 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 18 April 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Even if the clans win they will just take the planet away again. Oh wait, that already happened.

Also if the clans have a good showing then further clan nerfs are probably on the table again. I think that last event saved our bacon since right before it they were talking about some more nerfs.

Edited by Kain Thul, 24 April 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#27 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 24 April 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

Also if the clans have a good showing then further clan nerfs are probably on the table again. I think that last event saved our bacon since right before it they were talking about some more nerfs.

That is something to take into consideration. Do well, the IS plebs can continue to cry for nerfs and trot that over skill of players. Lose the planet or lose via nerfbat i dont like those odds.

#28 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:40 AM

So many people cry there :) really funny IS or Clan

Anyway most of people will play this event only for rewards, then they will see how CW suck and they will not come back for 1 or 2 entiere weeks.

#29 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:33 PM

Seems to be going fairly well for us.

#30 TheJs

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:53 PM

annndddd, it's screwed. By all the queue problems.

#31 wmusil

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNew Joysee

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:02 PM

Yep. FAIL. Cant get in.

Matchmaker error, Unspecified error, Failed to find match.
Waste of time. CW is likely fugued till after the 'event'.

#32 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

View PostTheJs, on 24 April 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

annndddd, it's screwed. By all the queue problems.

View Postwmusil, on 24 April 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

Yep. FAIL. Cant get in.

Matchmaker error, Unspecified error, Failed to find match.
Waste of time. CW is likely fugued till after the 'event'.

You guys do know why you can't get in... right?

There are 63 attack corridors, and each of these can only be filled by 12 players from each side. That means the maximum number of slots per side is 756. This is the maximum number of players per side that can actively play in ComWar.

Now, currently the Clans have about 3 - 7 auxiliary groups in the queue at any moment, which means we have roughly 30 to 90 pilots in our queue. The Inner Sphere on the other hand has 30 - 37 auxiliary groups in the queue at any moment, signifying about 360 to 450 players waiting in your queue.

The length of a ComWar match has been known to end as early as 15 minutes, but can also stretch it's full 30 minutes. If we assume that the mean is right in the middle of these two numbers, and account for match startup and cooldown times, then the average match takes about 25 minutes. Since there are 63 max possible games during this event, we can divide by that number and estimate that a new match starts roughly every 24 seconds.

So for us Clanners, our average wait time can be calculated as somewhere between 1 to 3 minutes. But you guys have to wait 12 to 15 minutes for a game to start. This is a generous estimate however. If we assume that the average match takes 30 minutes, then you guys are looking at a 25 to 30 15 to 20 minute wait in the queue.

In short, the reason you guys have to wait so much longer than us is because your population is so much higher than ours. We have a much lower population BUT we still have adequate numbers to cover all the available points. If this was an amusement park, you're waiting in the super-popular monster roller coaster that everybody wants to get on with the 2 hour waiting line, while we're killing minutes in line to shoot cans off a counter and win our date a giant 6-foot stuffed teddy bear.

Pfft, looks like you guys got on the wrong ride! AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Bet you wish you were Clanners now! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BUT DON'T FRET! There's still time to renounce your allegiance and join the Clans in glorious back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back battle! Just head over to this thread and ask forgiveness from the almighty PGI for choosing the 'predicted victors' of the Battle of Tukayyid.

http://mwomercs.com/...d-solo-players/

EDIT:

Had to fix a couple values, I think I must have multiplied by 100 once where I should have multiplied by 60... forgive my error, I was tired (lol). The value of 25 - 30 minutes has been changed to more accurate 15 - 20 minutes. However, these equations don't even take into account pre-made group priority, or the fact that if somebody leaves your queue before you can find an available match, your group gets thrown back at the end of the line. So, for pre-mades the wait may not always be so long but they're still looking at 8 - 10 minutes at least, while solo players are probably waiting an hour... and that's if they're lucky and no pre-mades cut in line.

So us Clanners still get to play at least two matches in the time span it takes you guys to play one... BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

Edited by Repasy, 25 April 2015 - 09:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users