Faction Pattern Unlock Sale, 30% Off For 4 Days!

29 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

STARTS: April 21st, after the patch

ENDS: April 25th 10:00 am PDT (17:00 UTC)

To celebrate the availability of the Clan Faction Patterns for all the remaining Clan 'Mechs, we are putting all Faction Pattern Unlocks on sale!

Did we mention that you can now customize the color channels on the Clan Faction Patterns? Well, you can!

Slap on a Pattern, pick your three favorite colors, and make your 'Mechs look like a Million bucks C-bills.

Get ready to represent your Faction in the Battle of Tukayyid!

Inner Sphere Patterns

Inner Sphere 'Mechs

Price

Davion, Kurita, Liao, Marik, Steiner, and FRR

Zeus, Grasshopper, Enforcer, Panther, King Crab

1500 - 30% =

1050 MC

Clan Patterns

Clan 'Mechs

Price

Clan Wolf, Ghost Bear, Jade Falcon, and Smoke Jaguar

Warhawk, Timber Wolf, Stormcrow, Adder, Dire Wolf,
Summoner, Nova, Kit Fox, Gargoyle, Myst Lynx, Hellbringer, Ice Ferret, and Mad Dog

1500 - 30% =

1050 MC

Important Information:

• One-shot Patterns are not on sale
  • The retrofitting of Inner Sphere Faction Patterns for pre-Resistance IS 'Mechs is still in-progress
  • Faction Pattern Unlocks for the UrbanMech will be available in a future patch.

#2 SirEpicPwner

• PipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 60 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

Good for people that own 7 different clan 'mechs of the same chassis or people who like to switch out patterns often. I have a feeling if there were more sales on one-shot camos that more people would actually buy one. As is, it is cheaper to buy 9 one-shots than one faction camo unlock(in the case of this sale, that drops to 7). Maybe if the camo unlock affected a weight class, or even all 'mechs, it would be a lot better value. Still, if you are looking to buy a variety of permanent camos that you expect to regularly change for your very favorite clan/IS resistance 'mech chassis, I guess now is the time.

Edited by SirEpicPwner, 21 April 2015 - 10:11 AM.

#3 RAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

1 - why would the sale not extend throughout the Tukayyid event? :unsure:

2 - if only patterns were not chassis locked... :rolleyes:

RAM
ELH

#4 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:39 AM

A little disappointing, when they said the faction patterns were being unlocked I thought that meant we could select them for our existing mechs instead all they really meant was we can now buy them for MC. If patterns worked like colors maybe I would buy them, but per chassis? Not for me thanks!

#5 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostSirEpicPwner, on 21 April 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

Good for people that own 7 different clan 'mechs of the same chassis or people who like to switch out patterns often. I have a feeling if there were more sales on one-shot camos that more people would actually buy one. As is, it is cheaper to buy 9 one-shots than one faction camo unlock(in the case of this sale, that drops to 7). Maybe if the camo unlock affected a weight class, or even all 'mechs, it would be a lot better value. Still, if you are looking to buy a variety of permanent camos that you expect to regularly change for your very favorite clan/IS resistance 'mech chassis, I guess now is the time.

acutally you are right. Made the mistake onces to buy a pattern and it only worked for one chassi. Then i tried my luck again on a sale, where no note was added that it also did only work for one chassis typ. At least the support is very helpfull. :) Respect to them.

But also i don't see the information note: *that the pattern bought on one mech only is available for this chassi. I don't know what is up with the paterns. As it stands i don't take such deals anymore serious, since i wreckd mc into it and didn't feel enough informed for what the paterns did fit and what not. Saying: "Slap on a Pattern, pick your three favorite colors, and make your 'Mechs look like a Million bucks C-bills." i would interpret it as buy it and you have it for all mechs on the side so IS pattern would fit on all IS mechs /clan vice versa. But since the info politics to patterns isn't the greatest i have no clue what you get if you buy it.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 21 April 2015 - 10:48 AM.

#6 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:36 AM

cool story bro,

But faction colors still cost 1000MC per ...

#7 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

Why can't I put Faction Cammo on my shiney new Griffin 2N?

#8 Dolph Hoskins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 499 posts
  • LocationThe Machine

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

So just to clarify, Does buying this faction camo mentioned in the announcement for the 1050 MC unlock that pattern for ALL of the the corresponding chassis shown above? Or does it only unlock that camo pattern for one chassis as per usual?

I'm having a hard time believing that it costs 1050MC on sale no less just to unlock a camo for 3-4 variants of one chassis.

Edited by The Ripper13, 21 April 2015 - 04:52 PM.

#9 Locutos

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 28 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

Is the Faction working as intended ?
like in the preview Mad Dog,
it was 2 colors smokegrey and smokeblack
with the smokered used on special places

Why does my Direwolf as well as my Warhawk, dont get the special places in the third color ?

#10 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:21 PM

So let me get this straight.

If you bought an MC Panther or MC Enforcer, or happen to own a non-Hero King Crab, you can purchase Faction patterns for your 'mech.

Everyone else who owns the IS 'mechs eligible for the 'sale' will already have these patterns because they purchased the Resistance pack.

So there really isn't any reason to list the Zeus or Grasshopper in this sale, is there?

Edited by Malleus011, 21 April 2015 - 03:21 PM.

#11 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:45 PM

Trying to confuse people into wasting money maybe?

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

I was really hoping this sale meant that the faction patterns became available for all the mechs of appropriate factions. :(

#13 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 21 April 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

So there really isn't any reason to list the Zeus or Grasshopper in this sale, is there?

A la carte...?

Does not change the (unacceptable) fact that patterns are chassis unlock only.

RAM
ELH

#14 Guzzarov

• Pip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:01 AM

Should not clan wave 1 pack buyers get the faction camo content retroactive acording to what pack they bought or we get the honour of paying for them ?

#15 Aza1979

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 855 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:10 AM

View PostGuzzarov67, on 22 April 2015 - 03:01 AM, said:

Should not clan wave 1 pack buyers get the faction camo content retroactive acording to what pack they bought or we get the honour of paying for them ?

Pay for it or leave it, no matter what they said once. If I did no miscalculation we got to pay 69300 MC (reduced price, not standard one) if we want to unlock everything on the current available mechs. But I might be wrong, i am a wannabe dyscalculic one.

Edited by Aza1979, 22 April 2015 - 03:11 AM.

#16 Hornviech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:30 AM

THIS should be a Loyality bonus.

Faction Patterns for free!, for all Mechs!!!

For players who are in since closed Beta and bought at least 3 top tear Packages.

MAKE IT A LOYALITY BONUS !!!!!

Edited by Hornviech, 22 April 2015 - 04:30 AM.

#17 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:45 AM

Wake me when we can purchase the patterns for our other IS mechs.

#18 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:56 AM

Just to clarify for some that aren't reading the above information correct. Any clan faction skin you got as part of a pre-purchase plan are unlocked for any mech you bought for cash in Clan Wave 1 and Clan Wave 2. If you bought it when it went on sale for MC or CBills it is not unlocked. You have to buy it for MC for that chassis.

I hope when IS gets unlocked that those skins will also be available to Phoenix packs I and II buyers.

#19 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:09 AM

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 22 April 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

Just to clarify for some that aren't reading the above information correct. Any clan faction skin you got as part of a pre-purchase plan are unlocked for any mech you bought for cash in Clan Wave 1 and Clan Wave 2. If you bought it when it went on sale for MC or CBills it is not unlocked. You have to buy it for MC for that chassis.

I hope when IS gets unlocked that those skins will also be available to Phoenix packs I and II buyers.

Wave 2 only had the patterns in the package. Wave 1 did not, and the wave 1 mechs did not have the patters even unlocked so they could buy them till now.

#20 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:14 AM

Great sale !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users