Updated Potential Service Disruption/increased Latency For European Connections

26 replies to this topic

#21 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:32 AM

Receiving word that the European connection issues should be resolved at this time.
For any users in Europe who had been experiencing the increased latency or disconnects, please let me know if you see any improvements (or lack thereof).

#22 oldhasu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 681 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:24 AM

The ping is still noticeably higher then it was before all this. Im having 170-220 instead of about 130-140 as usual

Edited by oldhasu, 23 April 2015 - 11:32 AM.

#23 gaSyeraSS

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:40 AM

same as usual... from 110ms up to 290ms

#24 Tumbling Dice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Limits of the Twilight Zone

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:55 AM

View Postugrakarma, on 22 April 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

By setting up EU servers. That's how. We've suffered long enough from high pings don't you think.

I do believe if they did that, you would have EU players only. If you think you have long wait times now............

#25 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

Set up EU servers.

I don't care about wait times. I'd just like to be on an even playing field where my lasers register damage on enemy Mechs.

#26 Looreed

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:43 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 23 April 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

Receiving word that the European connection issues should be resolved at this time.
For any users in Europe who had been experiencing the increased latency or disconnects, please let me know if you see any improvements (or lack thereof).

Nope, unfortunately it's not solved right now. I stll have high and unstable ping rates between 118 (which is normal here in Germany) up to 650 and more. And it seems there is still packet loss which cause heavy lag and rubberbanding effects.

It's much better than the last two days (really unplayable) but not as it was before that. hold-up.

But this was not a problem for only one ISP. All providers had problems with internet latency or slow downed connections here in Germany. Hundreds of reports were send to the most of the ISPs. But right now it seems it slowly getting back to normal. But there are still problems with packet loss and high ping rates.

#27 Furball72

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:08 AM

Since getting the patch for the Tukayyid event, the repeated disconnects back to Mechlab have been hitting me as well, and I have literally the entire planet between me and Europe (I'm in New Zealand). I've run a geographical trace on my connection to MWO, and it doesn't go anywhere near Europe, so the disconnection problem is definitely not anything to do with the connection problems for Europe.

If the problem isn't fixed, and smartly, the Battle of Tukayyid event is going to look more like a non-event

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users