What you are about to hear is true; these stories have not been dramatized for television and are taken directly from first hand accounts. Note, all of these events happened either directly before, directly after, or within one to two days of purchasing the Founder's Pack. Names have been [Redacted] to protect the guilty.
- [Redacted #1] - "Bought legendary pack. Immediately after blue screened. Went to go to the gas station before work and a bushing on one of the lower control arms in the Porsche looks to have failed. Came back home in disgust. Comp blue screened again and my SSD had failed......"
- [Redacted #1] - "Addition to the curse: Paperwork for the next years apartment lease showed up: over $100 a month more."
- [Redacted #2] - "Car starter **** as soon as I tried to go to get groceries."
- [Redacted #3] - "all I have to say is that I'm wondering about the curse as well, it was a long list of things going wrong yesterday and today so far. But all I know is I'm going to have 4 mechs to go stomp around in and blow stuff up with, and that should bring a smile to my face."
- [Redacted #4] - Apartment flooded. "Yeah, but it was mostly contained to the kitchen. Damn carpet is still wet. Drawers are ruined. Cutlery all contaminated."
- [Redacted #4] - "Minor curse: MW4 has decided it really, really likes torso twisting to the right. Just does it automagically."
- [Redacted #5] - "I bought the Legendary pack and... uh... the leftover salad I had in my lunch went bad, so I went to the cafeteria at work instead." THE HORROR!
- [Redacted #6] - "I bought the legendary and almost forgot I'm working a double tonight. 4pm-8am."
- [Redacted #7] - "So, my wife threw out her back the day of or before the sale (she now has muscle relaxers and Vicodin that aren't doing a damn thing). And **** was ******* crazy last night in other regards. Mother-in-law called, gave wife a severe panic attack."
- [Redacted #8] - "OMFG. I almost choked to death on a ******* jolly rancher from laughing at this." Thanks for your consideration fella.
- [Redacted #9] - "Business credit card number got jacked and is locked down. Curse is ******* real. Luckily we've got a backup but now not only do I have to call around 12-15 vendors and change it I'll have to do the same thing when our primary account gets reopened and we get the new number."
- [Redacted #10] - "Found out today our IT Operations is being merged into our sister company up in [Redacted], which means I could find myself made redundant depending on the talks that happen on July 3rd."
- [Redacted #11] - "I am increasingly concerned by this thread. I will have to watch out. Unless the curse missed me and hit my coworker instead. That would explain why his car decided to stop exhibiting many car-like properties. Like having brakes that work. Or rotors."
- [Redacted #12] - "I'll add to the curse, my back tooth shattered yesterday when I was eating dinner. Fun times."
- [Redacted #13] - "well, both my headsets stopped working. I think I got off light, though."
- [Redacted #14] - "last week:
Hurt my back, slipped a disc on the way home from doctors AC went out in my truck, stereo speakers has a loose connection, and then it started making this grating noise from the front wheels found out today $400 for the front wheel hubs/bearing and $900-1100 for my AC
snapped my new Abu Gracia $150 heavy fishing pole, and lost my favorite Pike lure in the process of trying to land the monster pike or muskie couldnt tell but he was big :'(
nasty storm came thru and ripped half of my deck's railing down, bent my garage door so i cant open it, couldnt take my boat out to go fishing and lost my $100 entry into a fishin tourney
go stuck working outside in the 100 degree heat, when 90% of the time i work indoors
and got suckered into helping my friend move his flooring business all weekend with my bad back"
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Edited by Dihm, 02 July 2012 - 11:42 AM.