Advice For Cw Drop Deck?

8 replies to this topic

#1 ZhaLinth

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:44 AM

So I am planning to finally join CW.
But I am somewhat short on mechs, most of them clan.

- 1x Nova
- 1x StormCrow
- 1x MadDog

Today I should be able to buy a heavy, and can't decide which one. Tending to the Hellbringer.

Some advice would be appreciated.
Some advice regarding the loadout would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Shadey99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:53 AM

Clan drop decks tend to be things like 2x stormcrows + 2x Hellbringers. Though I have seen 2x Timberwolves + 2x lights (Myst Lynx, Adder, or Kit Fox to Balance weight) when dropping against some clans. Also much more rarely I see 1x Direwolf + Whatever balances that out. The only Novas I tend to see are 2x ERPPC ones and the only Mad Dogs I see are chain firing LRM boats paired with lights using tag.

Though if you've picked a clan to join, or even a unit in that clan because PUGs for CW are often horrid, you may want to ask them specifically what they tend to run in their decks.

#3 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:42 AM

I'd just bring 3x Hellbringer and 1x Kitfox and give my team ECM all the way.

For the sake of practicality, if you don't have 3 stormcrows yet, just get another one and work towards going Elite.

#4 ZhaLinth

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:57 AM

Thanks so far but, as stated in the OP I have only the three mechs and only one variant each, so buying another StormCrow would waste deck tonnage.
Our are there viable trial mechs to fill it up?

#5 Skave

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:18 AM

Hellbringer is a good choice, heavy, good versability and ECM

Personaly, I use, 1 all rounder Hellbringer, 1 lazervomit Timberwolf and 2 novas

#6 Phra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:20 AM

Here is my advice: don't.

Master relevant chassis before you enter CW, or it will be only a source of frustration for you.

#7 ZhaLinth

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:34 AM

Thx for your input guys, I bought a Hellbringer because of:

View PostSkave, on 26 April 2015 - 03:18 AM, said:

Hellbringer is a good choice, heavy, good versatility and ECM

Personally, I use, 1 all rounder Hellbringer, 1 lazervomit Timberwolf and 2 novas

Changed the load-out for mid-long and dropped straight into CW with the paint still fresh.
Worked out great, even without basics it's a good mech, and by holding it back for when my team might be low on ECM it gives me the feeling that I contribute with more then my armor and pretty, coherent electromagnetic waves.

#8 DeliciousBread

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:51 AM

I am by no means a clan 'master' or even particularly great at this game... but I would like to say don't underestimate having a nova in your drop deck. It's a relatively lightweight medium equipped with jump jets and relatively high alpha damage on each arm with a relatively broad profile that makes it okay at peeking (not always the best option, but certainly an option).

With the right setup you can get 3 AMS on it alongside twelve er medium / small lasers. It's usually a pretty solid option to pull out on your third or fourth drop as it packs a pretty decent lasery punch and unlike a lot of the other clan laser vomit builds it doesn't suffer from negative quirks.

Stormcrow's present a lot more 'versatility' and have a really good profile, but nova's are pretty great skirmish mechs.

#9 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:29 AM

View PostZhaLinth, on 24 April 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Thanks so far but, as stated in the OP I have only the three mechs and only one variant each, so buying another StormCrow would waste deck tonnage.
Our are there viable trial mechs to fill it up?

Still, it is always a good idea to bring all your 'Mechs up to elite status if possible; you can always sell the 'Mechs you do not like afterwards. That being said, I would personally go with the Hellbringer, if only for the ecm suite it carries. It tends to be a valuable asset in all CW matches, no matter what weapons you bring to the fight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users