Launcher Keeps Trying To Reinstall

10 replies to this topic

#1 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:50 AM

I did a clean download and install of the game on the night of the 21st, launcher showed the big blue play button, great ready for the Battle of Tukkayid on the weekend.

Today I run the launcher to be greeted by the big blue patch button, OK must be a fix of some kind so press it. The launcher tries to install the entire game, all 7+ Gbs! Even says installing base game. I checked and there is still a 7Gb game folder installed, There was no request to login. 7Gb was a large chunk of our monthly download limit so redownloading is not an option.

Anyone else experience this or know what I may be doing wrong? Hopefully I am just missing something stupidly obvious. Tried flushing the DNS like it said in the troubleshooting post but the problem persists.

Edited by Fiachdubh, 24 April 2015 - 05:37 AM.

#2 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostFiachdubh, on 24 April 2015 - 04:50 AM, said:

I did a clean download and install of the game on the night of the 21st, launcher showed the big blue play button, great ready for the Battle of Tukkayid on the weekend.

Today I run the launcher to be greeted by the big blue patch button, OK must be a fix of some kind so press it. The launcher tries to install the entire game, all 7+ Gbs! Even says installing base game. I checked and there is still a 7Gb game folder installed, There was no request to login. 7Gb was a large chunk of our monthly download limit so redownloading is not an option.

Anyone else experience this or know what I may be doing wrong? Hopefully I am just missing something stupidly obvious. Tried flushing the DNS like it said in the troubleshooting post but the problem persists.

Please check this URL...
http://patcher.mwome...chInventory.txt

...and confirm it contains the following text.
FrontendPatch_214
FrontendPatch_215
FrontendPatch_216
FrontendPatch_217

#3 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:50 AM

View PostKrist Smith, on 24 April 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

FrontendPatch_214
FrontendPatch_215
FrontendPatch_216
FrontendPatch_217

Yes it does contain the same text.

Edited by Fiachdubh, 25 April 2015 - 12:51 AM.

#4 Ascheriit Davion

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:56 AM

same problem as Fiachdubh, checked the url, everything is the same,....so what next???

#5 joker1974

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

Pretty simple, they ****** it up again. I'm staring at the repair patcher download patch thingy, half way. Can't shut it down.

#6 MasterGoa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

Same issue here...

#7 Ventrias

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 40 posts
  • LocationGermany, NRW

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:20 AM

Same Problem as the People above... 7 GB to download with a slow DSL 2000 is not Fun... wtf?

And i have the same content in that file, as shown above...

Edited by Ventrias, 26 April 2015 - 03:21 AM.

#8 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:20 AM

Yep same here....for my laptop phew

#9 Ventrias

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 40 posts
  • LocationGermany, NRW

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

Hmmm, so no Fix for the Problem? I am not willing to download 7GB only because YOU made a mistake during patching...

The Time is not far that we all are paying for a Volume DSL Connection, like it is common for Mobile-Phones! They still call it a "Flatrate" but mostly you only can download 1GB in a Month. When you need more, you have to pay much more...

I think all Companys that Publish Games, and therefore Updates/Patches for them, should have an eye on the costs for their Customers!

So, please fix the Bug Fast... Thanks...

#10 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

I guess we are not getting any sort of useful reply then. It is either risk wasting another 7.2Gb of our download allowance next month or just uninstall it and go back to ignoring it for another few months until it may be working again. Guess I shall have more time for Elite:Dangerous and Legend of Grimrock.

#11 Ace Kirby

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationDream Land

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

Sorry if I missed it, but have you already tried running the repair tool from the "Bin32" folder in your MWO installation?
After having completed a disk check without finding any issues, with disabled Antivirus and using administrative privileges, the whole shebang?

If there's indeed a problem with some files in your installation then the repair tool will point them out and ask your permission to download and replace those it finds incorrect.

Another place to check is the "PatcherLogs" folder inside said "Bin32" folder, it should contain two text files detailing anything the patcher tried to do on its latest run.
Basically it compares the local version of your installation with the remote version of the online repository, any mismatches trigger a patch run.
If local and remote version in your case don't check out, please upload these logfiles or post their content here (after checking for sensitive entries, paths etc.), maybe we can make something out of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users