9 replies to this topic

#1 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:45 AM

--

I'll leave it there because I typed it and will own up to it, but I was directed to read the event page more thoroughly because I was previously under the impression we'd be fighting for a neutral planet.

Updated suggestion is to just ignore the challenge, play some matches have fun and don't burn yourself out trying to do 50+ CW matches over the next 3 days.

--

But if you are going for the personal challenge completion, light rushing for gens + 3/4ths omega and getting around 800 damage is probably going to be the only effective way to do it without buckling yourself to your chair.

Again, I really hate to even suggest that, but its about the only way you are going to cut down on the time of matches, the problem is it will likely really screw most everyone on the opposing side out of having a chance to get their rewards for those matches.

IF you/your teams do choose this route make sure you mix it up which wave you are dropping light on or even how many lances go light to keep them off guard, and make sure you give everyone on your team at least an opportunity to score the points.

Cutting the match times down to 15 minutes if you really just push balls out the entire match will save you a significant amount of time towards completing your 40 or 50 match point goals.

And you all I'm sure know my opinion on this tactic, so you can understand how much it pains me to even suggest for teams to be using it, but to complete the challenges it's basically what PGI has set the event up to be with the short window and high goal markers.
---
I'm also quite sure that I won't have been the only person to have this notion, so expect a lot of derp rushing from the clan mechs when you are on the defensive side.
---

I'm probably just going to forego even attempting any goal on the challenges myself, just drop with my unit when they have free space and try to win a silly banner.

Edited by sycocys, 24 April 2015 - 07:37 AM.

#2 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:03 AM

With the increase in gen health I wouldn't really recommend this. Also I thought IS were on defence.....

#3 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:18 AM

Said the modes are going to alternate - my assumption is that they will start the planet out 51-50 with IS having the edge.

And even double gen health isn't going to slow down Firestarters and Huggins all that much - it might give well coordinated teams enough time to gather on a different gen, but anything short of that I would bet on the lights clearing out all and a decent chunk of Omega regardless of the new limit.

Triple or Quadruple hp might slow down the rushes, but it would also destroy those close matches that run down to the last few mechs.

All said, I really hate this tactic passionately.... but the way that PGI set up the event the units that want to lead by wins will need to use it, and the players that want to complete the personal challenge to 40-50 and can't spend 25+ hours during this short event will need to use it. Kind of sad that they basically went out of their way to make light rushing the primary tactic.

#4 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:38 AM

So somebody mentioned elsewhere that it might or is set up that IS will only be acting as the planet holder?

As in this isn't going to be a neutral planet that we fight to take control of. I really don't know, my assumption is that they would have had it balanced out so both sides were fighting both sides of all the game modes otherwise this is going to be a pretty dull event to play.

#5 Hazar Kath

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:52 AM

• The battle will commence with all 63 of those Zones under control of the Inner Sphere Houses.
  • The Clan Goal is to seize control of at least 51% of those 63 Zones by the end of the event.
  • The Inner Sphere Goal is to maintain control of at least 51% of those 63 Zones by the end of the event.
  • The game modes will alternate between Invasion and Counter Attack, but which mode you play will depend on the timing of your drop.
So from this IS will only be defending to start off with. If we lose enough territory, we will have counter attacks to do, but we will never have regular attacks on bases to worry about.

-From the event page this is where we start:
Overall Innersphere vs Clans
InnerSphere (63/63) 100.00% | Clans (0/63) 0.00%

Edited by Hazar Kath, 24 April 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#6 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:55 AM

Yeah, reading the event a little more closely - IS is indeed all defender side of the modes.

Lame. My interest in this event just kind of fell out. Wasn't planning on the goals, but the IS side will probably require the near maximum time to complete the challenges, so keep that in mind.

Good luck guys, I'll probably only be around for a few matches now.

View PostHazar Kath, on 24 April 2015 - 06:52 AM, said:

Yeah I didn't read that closely enough, I can understand now why most all of the mercs flopped back to the clan side.

#7 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:57 AM

Light-rushing is bad and you should feel bad.

#8 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:13 AM

I totally hate light rushing, but I hate events where the rewards are based on 1 point per 25 minute match more and an end goal that puts you in roughly 25 hours over a weekend.

Having the IS only on the defending side means there is very little way to shorten that time frame up, while the clans will likely be able to 2 wave any attack phase because there will be a huge influx of pugs.

They can also just push right out on the holds through to spawn camp from the get go, because they will have the derp rush on their side to offset any node losses in that mode. And its a risk more than worth it for them through most the first 2 days because match points even if they lose that mode fast still complete the challenge.

Just going to go out on a limb and estimate that IS pilots trying to complete the challenge will be very frustrated and worn out from CW by Monday.

New recommendation, just play some and have fun - probably ignore the challenges all together.

#9 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:21 AM

View Postsycocys, on 24 April 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

New recommendation, just play some and have fun - probably ignore the challenges all together.

Agreed

#10 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:48 AM

View Postsycocys, on 24 April 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

I'm already going for this, and it will get me smthing. Couldn't care less to burn myself by "GOTTA PLAY ULIULIULI*derp*..." asshatting. Atleast there will be ppl in CW-queues all weekend, and that's more fun than aim for some derpish amount of points.
https://youtu.be/ixgOlTLjG1Y

Edited by VXJaeger, 24 April 2015 - 07:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users