Can't Select 3440X1440 Resolution

1 reply to this topic

#1 Hurin Thalion

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

Hi All,

I've searched and found vague references to how all resolution should "work fine". . .

I've just received a Dell 3415 monitor with a pretty non-standard super-wide aspect ratio: 21:9.

Its native resolution is 3440x1440. Connected via displayport to an nvidia 780 GTX, the desktop runs at 3440x1440 at 60Hz just fine. And Lord of the Rings Online and Rome Total War 2 also allowed the selection of that resolution (and worked fine).

Mechwarrior Online, on the other hand, doesn't offer that resolution nor any other 21:9 ones.

I tried to add a custom res to the nvidia control panel but since it already exists as a standard one, I was unable to do so. =(

Any help would be much appreciated!

#2 Hurin Thalion

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:33 PM

SOLVED.

Apparently, there is a glitch in the scroll bar for selecting resolutions. It was there the whole time. But when I dragged the scroll bar down, it wouldn't show it. I then tried the mouse wheel (luckily) and suddenly it popped up at the bottom of the list.

I consider myself fortunate to have stumbled upon this. Could have been a long and fruitless troubleshooting process otherwise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users