Extend The Challenge.

17 replies to this topic

#1 Tiamat007

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:03 AM

Okay, well my weekend play time is dwindling quickly. Mr Patcher is happily grinding away slower than the third coming of Christ, yes Third not second. Still waiting on that one too. It feels like this weekend will be a fixit weekend and get no where near enough battles in to complete challenges.

Now i just need a table to flip so i can move on.

#2 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:33 AM

You recognized the event is extended to the 30th?

#3 Tiamat007

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:26 AM

Yes but I work during the week, wasting the weekend makes the week days worthless for trying to meet the requirements. Longer queues, etc etc etc.

#4 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

i think it should include 2 full weekends simply because CW battles take so long with the waiting time to get many points during the week.

#5 Hendrik Grimm

• Pip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

Hopefully you don't get the issue where you can't even connecct to the Tukayyid matches like me. Spent all night last night patching and then wait in queues for ever so the game can puke back into mechlab while loading the match.....I think PGI needs to spend more time beta testing these things...

#6 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostHendrik Grimm, on 25 April 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

Hopefully you don't get the issue where you can't even connecct to the Tukayyid matches like me. Spent all night last night patching and then wait in queues for ever so the game can puke back into mechlab while loading the match.....I think PGI needs to spend more time beta testing these things...

Just means you didn't run the repair tool.....haha yeah that sucked....so long to download like every file.....

#7 Hendrik Grimm

• Pip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

Running the repair tool now....it does suck....

#8 Heuvadoches

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRainbow Tiger, Second Life

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:00 PM

This is just their way of making sure they don't have to give out too much.

#9 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:05 PM

View Postluxebo, on 25 April 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

They already did one extension to a week, but I think we should just go along with lore and do 3 weeks? Maybe just 2 will do. That way this 30 hour time period would be split over a long time and those with jobs can have fun still. PGI can even push more rewards out and maybe do something with upcoming mechlab and Wave 3 releases and Tukayyid.

#10 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:28 PM

View PostHendrik Grimm, on 25 April 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

I think PGI needs to spend more time beta testing these things...

You do realize that this is the concluding event of the first stage of the CW Beta, right? In other words, PGI is actively beta testing these specific things.

#11 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:40 AM

to 30th? F eah guess i gonna make the 40 then quite easily ^^

#12 Georgegad

• PipPipPip
  • Chu-sa
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:37 PM

View PostAlienized, on 25 April 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

i think it should include 2 full weekends simply because CW battles take so long with the waiting time to get many points during the week.

I read someone saying it was traditionally three weeks , so really we should do it for three weeks.
Especially now that it has become a patch nightmare for so many people.

It would be better to extend it and have everyone get a chance than to have the one singular most important deciding point in the story becomes something that people miss out on and hold a grudge over for the rest of MWOs play life.

#13 Georgegad

• PipPipPip
  • Chu-sa
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:49 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 25 April 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

You do realize that this is the concluding event of the first stage of the CW Beta, right? In other words, PGI is actively beta testing these specific things.

I would feel much better about that if the word BETA still appeared on the game. I am sure it used to, and when they took it off it did suggest to me that they thought it was a product they were now ready to stake their reputation on. Clearly it wasnt ready or complete, VOIP wasnt even working, but they are willing to advertise it as complete, so i dont think it is unreasonable to hold them to that standard.

And for that matter it does also feel a little weird to me that they are still taking peoples money at full value, as if it were a finished and polished game.

Just saying.

Edited by Georgegad, 27 April 2015 - 11:54 PM.

#14 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:15 AM

View PostGeorgegad, on 27 April 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

And for that matter it does also feel a little weird to me that they are still taking peoples money at full value, as if it were a finished and polished game.

Just saying.

They are not "taking" peoples money. People are giving them money. Big difference.
MWO is free to play, all you have to invest is time.

#15 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:11 AM

View PostGeorgegad, on 27 April 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

I would feel much better about that if the word BETA still appeared on the game. I am sure it used to, and when they took it off it did suggest to me that they thought it was a product they were now ready to stake their reputation on. Clearly it wasnt ready or complete, VOIP wasnt even working, but they are willing to advertise it as complete, so i dont think it is unreasonable to hold them to that standard.

Just saying.

To be fair, the game generally isn't in Beta, but CW is. And, from what I understand, the main reason the base game isn't still in Beta is because IGP demanded it.

#16 Georgegad

• PipPipPip
  • Chu-sa
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 28 April 2015 - 12:15 AM, said:

They are not "taking" peoples money. People are giving them money. Big difference.

I see what you are trying to say, but you have misunderstood english.

People are giving them money, and they are willingly taking it. It is not a donation, they are taking it as payment for digital products. Certainly they are not stealing it, but they do willingly take it.

More than that, there are any number of things you simply cant have unless you pay through the cash shop for them, so i feel your point is generally void.

Edited by Georgegad, 28 April 2015 - 07:13 PM.

#17 Georgegad

• PipPipPip
  • Chu-sa
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:10 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 28 April 2015 - 03:11 AM, said:

To be fair, the game generally isn't in Beta, but CW is. And, from what I understand, the main reason the base game isn't still in Beta is because IGP demanded it.

Not really sure if you are for or against my opinion, or just adding detail.

If it was just CW that people couldnt get into that would be quite different, and poor timing given there is a CW based eveent this weekend.
But it isnt, the patch seems to have broken the base game as well.

And i am sure you are probably right that it was IGPs insistence. I simply donty feel that makes much difference. It is done. There will be a public expectation of a working product, especially since the game is accepting the publics money like a real working game would.
I think it is quite fair that their reputation as a professional game company takes a hit for the failure.

#18 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:25 AM

View PostGeorgegad, on 28 April 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

I see what you are trying to say, but you have misunderstood english.

People are giving them money, and they are willingly taking it. It is not a donation, they are taking it as payment for digital products. Certainly they are not stealing it, but they do willingly take it.

More than that, there are any number of things you simply cant have unless you pay through the cash shop for them, so i feel your point is generally void.

I understood your post just fine and you made it sound like one has to pay money to play this game, like buying it in a store or that they "trick" people out of their money, wich is not the case.

Of course they offer things for you to buy, PGI is a company like any other so they need money (shocking, right?) but, and that's my point, you can play this game without ever paying a single cent.
If you don't like the game at all, you can just stop playing without losing anything except maybe some time, no harm no foul.
If you like it but think it's not up to a certain standard you keep playing and don't buy anything they offer until it is.
So far PGI made a really good effort to avoid the P2W-pitfalls so many other free2play games happily embrace. You don't need any money to be good at this game. You only get to pay for timesavers, early-access and shiny trinkets.

It's all up to your personal restraint and impulse control. If you decide to pay for digital items in an unfinished and buggy game that gives the opportunity to test it exhaustively and THEN complain about the unfinished, buggy nature of the game that is on you, not the company.

Please don't get me wrong, though. I am not trying to bash everyone who ever purchased anything from PGI, I did that myself to the tune of a couple hundred bucks. All I am saying is do it with open eyes and take responsibility for your actions. For me personally I have decided not to spend any more money on this game until it is in a better "condition" and I feel like it keeps improving. Sadly, the last couple patches felt like the opposite.

Rant over... TL;DR:
F2P, buy stuff at your own peril.

Edited by Ironwithin, 29 April 2015 - 01:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users