Heat Sinks On The Engine

3 replies to this topic

#1 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:39 AM

I just got a Mad Dog Prime and I can't put heat sinks on the engine like other mechs.

Posted Image

I worked out the load out on smurfy's but it doesn't work in MWO.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...176c49bb8f66ed3

I had to use two 15 LRM launchers and put 3 heat sinks on it to get the cooling to a reasonable level.

Anyone have any suggestions? I really want those two 20 LRM launchers!

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:25 AM

Your Mad Dawg's XL300 already has 2 sinks slotted in it. It only gets 2 bonus slots.

Also, Omnis can't slot in more engine sinks anyways as per the restriction rules. The only ones affected by this are the Doomcrow and Ice Fridge (but in the latter's case it has plenty of space anyways).

#3 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostFupDup, on 25 April 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

Your Mad Dawg's XL300 already has 2 sinks slotted in it. It only gets 2 bonus slots.

Also, Omnis can't slot in more engine sinks anyways as per the restriction rules. The only ones affected by this are the Doomcrow and Ice Fridge (but in the latter's case it has plenty of space anyways).

Yup. Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that the Ice Fridge... er, Ferret, is not at all a bad mech. It is cursed with a very small variety of hard points, so there is a very small limit to the number of viable builds. But if you know how to play a striker/skirmisher type, these things are solid.

#4 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:35 PM

Thanks guys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users