80 replies to this topic

#1 Red5angel

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorthglenn Colorado

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:57 AM

Dear PGI, I don't believe the numbers you're projecting for CW are real, stop lying to your community. [redacted] More focus on pug drops and content not related to CW please. [redacted] Tukkayid is a joke.

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 26 April 2015 - 03:32 AM.

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:11 AM

The one redeeming thought I have in mind is that they did say CW is a Beta.

I thought giving it that tag was just a "get out of jail free" card for doing things half-arsedly. But when you think about the dynamics of the player base, and how PUGs who derp can screw things up for all of us, perhaps it's reasonable.

So yes, this version of Tukayyid is sucking badly, but the next one they will hopefully have thought it through some more, using this experience.

For now, I am trying to observe the teachings of Buddha in relation to this event.

Edited by Appogee, 25 April 2015 - 03:15 AM.

#3 zeves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

MWO should be tagged with "EARLY ACESS" when it goes on steam, would fit if nothing else

#4 MrHumble

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:03 AM

How long does a game stay in Beta? This game is getting too long in the tooth for it to keep that tag for much longer.

#5 VitiateDiabolus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:10 AM

View Postzeves, on 25 April 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

MWO should be tagged with "EARLY ACESS" when it goes on steam, would fit if nothing else

They better be damn careful what the decide to advertise on the Steam release page. Steam has been a lot more touchy about false advertising since they started the early access system.

#6 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

View PostRed5angel, on 25 April 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

Dear PGI, I don't believe the numbers you're projecting for CW are real, stop lying to your community, stop forcing your crappy version of CW down our throats. CW sucks as is. More focus on pug drops and content not related to CW please. I realize you ****** it up and waited so long for CW but sucking it is worse than not. Tukkayid is a joke.

Your tone is ...beyond words.
What more can be done for pug drops besides yet more maps and mechs? CW has proven one thing completely....most do not want team work or community, judging by people's refusal to group up,join units,talk, type or work together.
It seems most want to just drop and shoot. Which is fine, but you CANNOT do any more without requiring your playerbase to do more than drop and shoot.
Anything besides team deathsolomatch is too complicated, as it needs people to stop being solo oriented.

So, what would you suggest they do? They have already put a solo only mode into a team oriented game.......which has reaped some fine rewards from what I've witnessed lately.

You say Tukkayid is a joke, more like the player base as a whole is.

Edited by kamiko kross, 25 April 2015 - 11:16 AM.

#7 Invictus51

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationNC , USA

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

I really like the concept of CW but I agree it needs a lot of refining from it's present "unfriendly to solo" system. That being said I would not mind a slight edge to clan players as they in total probably spend more money on the game although I have spent what I think I would spend on any game I play. I am sure many, many other solo players have also done this.

#8 Killaxis

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostMrHumble, on 25 April 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

How long does a game stay in Beta? This game is getting too long in the tooth for it to keep that tag for much longer.

I guess you have never heard of Star Citizen....

#9 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:25 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 25 April 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

Your tone is ...beyond words.
What more can be done for pug drops besides yet more maps and mechs? CW has proven one thing completely....most do not want team work or community, judging by people's refusal to group up,join units,talk, type or work together.
It seems most want to just drop and shoot. Which is fine, but you CANNOT do any more without requiring your playerbase to do more than drop and shoot.
Anything besides team deathsolomatch is too complicated, as it needs people to stop being solo oriented.

So, what would you suggest they do? They have already put a solo only mode into a team oriented game.......which has reaped some fine rewards from what I've witnessed lately.

You say Tukkayid is a joke, more like the player base as a whole is.

Actually I'm pretty sure he's saying he wants more content for the pug queue, such as maps, mechs, game modes and events. And that CW should be left to rot.

Frankly I'm fine with CW so long as it's only getting 13.5% of the development budget.

Honestly though, it should be pretty clear to everyone at this point that the majority of players want to play as a solo, so your comment sounds more like you're blaming pugs for ruining -your- game by not playing the way -you- want them to.

#10 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:41 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 25 April 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

Frankly I'm fine with CW so long as it's only getting 13.5% of the development budget.

Why should that be? That sounds to me like asking technology companies to spend 0% of their budget on research and development because no one is currently buying a product that has not been invented yet. :wacko:

Edited by Mystere, 25 April 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#11 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

^ Right?

The biggest problem is the game (as a whole) has a terrible lack of play depth which is a glaring problem in something like CW.

#12 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostMystere, on 25 April 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

Why should that be? That sounds to me like asking technology companies to spend 0% of their budget on research and development because no one is currently buying a product that has not been invented yet. :wacko:

Actually it's more like asking a tech company to not blow their whole budget on a project that is testing poorly, and is unlikely to sell very well in the long run.

Most of the playerbase has rejected CW in its current form, and judging by the numbers, have not been impressed with any of the "improvements" made over the course of what can only loosely be called a development cycle. Between the stale gameplay, and the terrible attitudes of the proponents of CW, the average player has left the CW queues deserted.

I still have fun in the solo queue, as does the majority of the playerbase, so that's where I feel the most money should be spent.

In other words, I don't want casual players money being spent on "hardcore only" mode

Edited by Caustic Canid, 25 April 2015 - 04:30 PM.

#13 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:32 PM

CW as implemented is poorly designed. From the concept of how to score it with the planet capture windows to the map designs that all force fighting through narrow openings. They would have been better off just using the public match play and say the next week is the planet of X in question. Every two hours wins are compared and points toward victory awarded.

Long wait times for games I not a "player" problem of too many in one faction. It is a design problem of PGI not watching their customer's mech stables and play habits and meeting player desires.

#14 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:21 AM

The overall design of CW is poor. The ques are buggy and allow abuse, rewards are scarce for the big time investement. Fighting over a planet is ok, but the 3 modes available can become frustrating and borign after sometime.

#15 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:08 AM

CW was a great Idea , it was for a lot of people what the game was about. It was just badly implemented and long overdue. I guess that as more and more time passed expectations grew higher and higher and here was the start of the problem. It just did not deliver on what people were hoping for!

There are obvious failures in that all so often we see people saying that it is only for groups! Here lies the heart maybe of the problem? Maybe the units should be more actively encouraging people to join their unit? The fact that the PUG and Premade queue is the same is bad enough , add no form of ELO (A joke anyway in MWO , normal ELO generation won't work due to multiple factors and that this is a team base game and thus performance is based in part to what the team is doing as well as the player) present in CW and it increases the likelihood of bad matches for one team and a great match for the other!

The fact is that this was supposed to have been at launch really ad has been promised to the founders from pretty much day one! The game should have been in a state where it was balanced before adding a whole new game mode! Indeed if the points above had been addressed thy could have moved the whole community cross to this mode , put all the maps into it with differing maps accounting to a different % win/loss for each planet. The key would be in a robust ELO system and balanced game as well as Queue separation for PUG and Premade! But none of this happened and with a split community you have fewer players which in itself causes problems to get matches.
Long wait times are not fun PGI, ROFL stomps are not fun either, people want to play a game with at least a chance of winning! But incorporating the standard map pack into CW with lesser rewards (so you get more for assaulting a Canon than taking out an enemy force in a frozen city for instance) would have been a better idea really. With factions in mind you could then use lone wolfs and mercs (non faction people) to fill gaps for low pop factions with again lesser reward points that can be used in any faction once they join a faction.

Just my personal view , and mostly the reason I only play this when I get absolutely bore with my other games!

#16 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:49 AM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 25 April 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

Actually I'm pretty sure he's saying he wants more content for the pug queue, such as maps, mechs, game modes and events. And that CW should be left to rot.

Honestly though, it should be pretty clear to everyone at this point that the majority of players want to play as a solo, so your comment sounds more like you're blaming pugs for ruining -your- game by not playing the way -you- want them to.

Which is exactly what they are saying. They don't want to do anything that an mmo provides, they want a solo fps game it seems...yet they scream and cry to get what they want, even though they knew what mwo was on the way in. Does that sound reasonable to you?
Also ALL he can have is more maps and mechs-anything else requires the players to get involved, something which "seems pretty clear" they don't want to do. So should PGI just make this game WoT lite? And rely on number turnover?
The stance he comes from does not make any sense, you choose to do A but really want B...so you choose A and play A yet cry because it's not B.
That's crazy logic.Especially when B is out there in other games......

Edited by kamiko kross, 26 April 2015 - 02:49 AM.

#17 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:25 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 26 April 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

Which is exactly what they are saying. They don't want to do anything that an mmo provides.

12v12 with a half-assed star map is not an MMO.
The only social interaction this game provides is getting told to "git gud" on the forums.

they want a solo fps game it seems...yet they scream and cry to get what they want, even though they knew what mwo was on the way in. Does that sound reasonable to you?

Just because you had preconceived notions of how MWO was supposed to work doesn't mean everyone else has to buy into them.
It seems reasonable that players might want to have fun playing a game they invested money in.

Also ALL he can have is more maps and mechs-anything else requires the players to get involved, something which "seems pretty clear" they don't want to do.

"Getting involved" means playing the game.
There could be more events.
There could also be more game modes that aren't off limits to pugs.

So should PGI just make this game WoT lite? And rely on number turnover?

No, they should make a game that's fun to play.
Which CW is not.

The stance he comes from does not make any sense, you choose to do A but really want B...so you choose A and play A yet cry because it's not B.
That's crazy logic.Especially when B is out there in other games......

Fans of Mechwarrior want to play Mechwarrior. Not titanfall.

Crazy, I know.

#18 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:01 AM

View PostAppogee, on 25 April 2015 - 03:11 AM, said:

The one redeeming thought I have in mind is that they did say CW is a Beta.

I thought giving it that tag was just a "get out of jail free" card for doing things half-arsedly.

This is exactly what it is.....it is exactly what they are using the word for, the ability to not really have to get a product working and just make everyone suffer their their lack of direction.

View PostCaustic Canid, on 26 April 2015 - 03:25 AM, said:

The only social interaction this game provides is getting told to "git gud" on the forums.

Just because you had preconceived notions of how MWO was supposed to work doesn't mean everyone else has to buy into them.
It seems reasonable that players might want to have fun playing a game they invested money in.

Which CW is not.

Crazy, I know.

+1....

#19 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:06 AM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 26 April 2015 - 03:25 AM, said:

Social interaction comes from talking to other players. It comes from spending a bit of timeson the forum in your chosen faction section, getting on voice with the other players in your faction. Talking to them and making friends. This leads to communities. Just clicking launch and shooting whilst never trying to make any overtures towards other human beings isn't interaction..only at it's most base mechanical level. MMOs are ALL about the players and the interactions they have with each other.

My preconceptions are based off of what PGI has stated as their intentions.

See point above, getting involved does not equate to "click launch and shoot"
I agree with the events, more of them please! But....they are only ever going to be very simple affairs due to said playerbase.
No game modes are off limits to pugs. They are only off limits to those who refuse to talk/work/play with others. the only place where doing 100% YOUR THING is even near appropriate is solo queue and then...you are STILL ON A TEAM.

Which CW is not.

In your opinion. Which is all what you have said is, an opinion.

Crazy, I know.
If they wanted to play mechwarrior, it's be even more involved-requiring even more interaction between players...even more team work...exactly the things the solos don't seem to want.....
I've been a fan of MW since being very small-I see this game sliding towards generic online FPS the more "solo friendly" it gets.

I would never spam "git gud" at you, but I would urge you to stop being so hellbent on being an isolated solo in a multiplayer, team based environment, Then raging because it isn't 100% dedicated to you. Reach out to others, lose the solo entitlement and enjoy the game more.
When is enough...well enough?

Edited by kamiko kross, 26 April 2015 - 09:08 AM.

#20 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:31 AM

This whole event had been a quetastrophy.........I'll see myself out.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users