Psa: This Event Is A Raging Success

50 replies to this topic

#1 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

At the time of this post there are 63 matches occurring, with 52 teams in the IS queue and 13 teams in the clan queue, for a total of 126 + 52 + 13 =191 teams of 12 players. Which is 2292 players CONCURRENTLY playing CW right now.

So how about we stop talking about how this event is the worst thing since Gogurt because players have to wait 10-15 minutes in between games and talk about what a great showing this is for MWO?

#2 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:03 PM

I think they'll be getting some good data out of this.

Definitely stressed a few things.

Am going to hold off jumping back in while waiting to see if my request to break contract and switch sides goes through.

#3 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:03 PM

12 man groups, 10 minute wait, 100% fun!

#4 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:04 PM

As solo player without a unit I think this is terrible.

Maybe if I had a unit and 12 guys to drop with it wouldn't be such a snore fest

#5 Squarebasher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:05 PM

I waited 30 mins and gave up.

#6 michaelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostRampancyTW, on 25 April 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

At the time of this post there are 63 matches occurring, with 52 teams in the IS queue and 13 teams in the clan queue, for a total of 126 + 52 + 13 =191 teams of 12 players. Which is 2292 players CONCURRENTLY playing CW right now.

So how about we stop talking about how this event is the worst thing since Gogurt because players have to wait 10-15 minutes in between games and talk about what a great showing this is for MWO?

You should ask how many of those players will want to touch CW ever again without huge event rewards incentive.

#7 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

As a lone PUGger and losing most of the CW games I've played today, I have to say this still rocks. I can only hope that CW 2.0 backs up this with immersion and better access for lone wolves.

#8 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

View PostSquarebasher, on 25 April 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

I remember playing WoW in 2005, when you could join the PVP queue and then get on with the game, while waiting for your spot. Now, it's kind of tricky if people can disappear in the middle of a pub match to join CW, but it would be nice if we could at least tinker in the Mechlab while waiting.

#9 Ragtag soldier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:09 PM

another satisfied customer!

#10 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostGrisbane, on 25 April 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

what would make this an even better success is if each faction had posted a general TS that players could go to in order to join existing 12 mans. Kurita has one.. but to get into a drop players need to own a viable drop deck.. which means no lrms, no trials.. and at least 1 viable light (spider, raven, firestarter)

Most factions do, I'm in Kurita's as we speak.

#11 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:18 PM

View PostGrisbane, on 25 April 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

what would make this an even better success is if each faction had posted a general TS that players could go to in order to join existing 12 mans. Kurita has one.. but to get into a drop players need to own a viable drop deck.. which means no lrms, no trials.. and at least 1 viable light (spider, raven, firestarter)

I mean we won't tell you to take a hike if you don't have those, but we will give recommendations and suggestions.

#12 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

To be frank, I don't believe you.

Even with the 63-zone bottleneck, I haven't waited more than 25 minutes for a match all day, and for the most part it's been 15-minute waits or less.

At full capacity, a 63-team queue line would take AT MOST 35 minutes to cycle 100% of the way through, assuming all games started right when you entered the queue and went all the way to 0 time left on the clock.

#13 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Longest wait I had in solo que was 45 minutes, now that is just ridiculous.

When I started joining the LFG group ques, and players stuck around, that dropped to about 8-10 minutes.

Had waits as low as 2 minutes also, but only 1 time.

Either way, PGI needs to sort out how the QUE drops back when a single player drops ect.

A group of players waiting, needs to be able to hold their position in the QUE, while the Mm grabs solo guys waiting for a slot.

#14 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostXetelian, on 25 April 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

As solo player without a unit I think this is terrible.

Maybe if I had a unit and 12 guys to drop with it wouldn't be such a snore fest

Get on clan TS servers (strana mechty) or hit up merc star and see if they need you to fill a spot for them.

#15 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:20 PM

If anyone is looking for casual groups, they should take a peek at the CW forums areas for Factions.

I'm with a group and we've been doing fine with getting drops for the event.

Edit: And the LFG tab is available, dunno if enough players are using that.

Edited by Praetor Knight, 25 April 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#16 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 25 April 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

Get on clan TS servers (strana mechty) or hit up merc star and see if they need you to fill a spot for them.

Sadly doesn't help when in a dead faction. Too bad PGI stopped allowing the contract right before we were trying to switch.

#17 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 25 April 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Sadly doesn't help when in a dead faction. Too bad PGI stopped allowing the contract right before we were trying to switch.

So jump on one of the other faction's TS, its not like they are closed up and password protected, there is ONLY one planet, who cares what your faction is, people are looking for bodies, and basically playing for points.

#18 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:30 PM

One thing's for sure, 63 concurrent matches are not enough,
since there are currently 63 concurrent matches going on with ~15 attacker queues and ~60 defenders in line waiting!

#19 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostRampancyTW, on 25 April 2015 - 12:18 PM, said:

To be frank, I don't believe you.

Even with the 63-zone bottleneck, I haven't waited more than 25 minutes for a match all day, and for the most part it's been 15-minute waits or less.

At full capacity, a 63-team queue line would take AT MOST 35 minutes to cycle 100% of the way through, assuming all games started right when you entered the queue and went all the way to 0 time left on the clock.

uhhh....you need to consider getting bumped to the back of the que again....maybe you mean you are in a 12-man? The success of game doesn't depend on full groups...it rises and falls on the solo player. Being forced to group is not every1's cup of tea. Don't care if you agree with it or not...PGI still must include the Lone Wolf or kiss some of it's profit goodbye.

Realistically the event for an IS solo'er is nigh near impossible. I do hope PGI gleaned some good data from this. My unit is switching to Clan in a few hours when our contract is up. We didn't want to, but we have to....

#20 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostCantHandletheTruth, on 25 April 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

So jump on one of the other faction's TS, its not like they are closed up and password protected, there is ONLY one planet, who cares what your faction is, people are looking for bodies, and basically playing for points.

Since when can you group with other factions for CW?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users