30Min To Enter A Match

6 replies to this topic

#1 RFaundez

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:15 PM

Playing for the Inner Sphere, took me 30min to enter the battle of tukayyid... It's a shame...

How clanners are doing? Less waiting time, I guess...

#2 Judge Jury and Executioner

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSunny Southern California

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:48 PM

Now PGI is recruiting against the IS? Can we say "throw the match"? What is this? Not getting into a game that is rigged is really bad... well maybe not.

I'm so disappointed I can't really express my feelings about PGI and the way they are running CW. If the clans lose will you nerf IS mechs even more? Maybe IS should drop 10v12 so the clans can win? Apparently PGI will continue to change the game until there is no reason to even try running IS mechs. MWOMERCS.COM <point taken

sad sad sad

#3 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:01 PM

I, too, have to wait for twenty to forty minutes; but it is fine, and I absolutely love it. The waiting time is worth it, and no one could forsee how units and people switch factions. The thing is that once you enter the contest, you should not be able to change your faction; but changing a faction quickly before the first match would not solve it: there are large units who would not let renegades in their ranks.
There is little PGI could do. If you do not like the waiting time that much, just play normal matches.

#4 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:48 PM

View PostRFaundez, on 25 April 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

Almost instantly in off-hours and less than 10 min in peak hours.

#5 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:33 PM

View PostRFaundez, on 25 April 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

Playing for the Inner Sphere, took me 30min to enter the battle of tukayyid... It's a shame...

My ALT is clan so, I was able to see the night and day difference...

From the solo Clan perspective...
1. Click Attack on Planet.
2. At worst 1 Clanner in queue... 2.3.4.5.6....12 (This is the only time where there is any waiting time for CLANS.)
3. NOOO 10mins count down to find opponents... INSTA-MATCH <60 second and counting down.. !!
4. Spend the next 30mins in-game...
5. Match... Repeat from Point 1 consistently.

For IS Solo...
1. Click Defend on Planet...
2. Watch.. Your number go up and down the queue....
3. See if you the patience to wait 45 mins to find a match before you give up and find something better to do.

Basically... Just damn annoying to try for the event, if you are solo or small group for IS.

Edited by ShinVector, 26 April 2015 - 10:45 PM.

#6 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostShinVector, on 26 April 2015 - 09:33 PM, said:

My ALT is clan so, I was able to see the night and day difference...

From the solo Clan perspective...
1. Click Attack on Planet.
2. At worst 1 Clanner in queue... 2.3.4.5.6....12 (This is the only time where there is any waiting time for CLANS.)
3. NOOO 10mins count down to find opponents... INSTA-MATCH <60 second and counting down.. !!
4. Spend the next 30mins in-game...
5. Match... Repeat from Point 1 consistently.

For IS Solo...
1. Click Defend on Planet...
2. Watch.. Your number go up and down the queue....
3. See if you the patience to wait 45 mins to find a match before you give up and find something better to do.

Basically... Just damn annoying to try for the even if you are solo or small group for IS.

^^what Shin said. My group has kept their contract for Wolf during the event, and it is pretty much insta-drop. I dunno if PGI introduced more zones on the planet, would solve long queue times for IS. And speaking of it, why 63 zones anyway? why not a 100 for example, so each one is 1% of the planet.

<S>

#7 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:10 AM

Use the LFG tool to make 12-man teams. This will eliminate the risk of being dropped to the back of the queue when some idiot gives up and leaves your randomized team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users