Tukayyid Challenege Completed, But ...

52 replies to this topic

#1 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:53 PM

As you can see, I have completed the Tukayyid challenge ...
Posted Image

... earned that Masakari ...
Posted Image

... installed that Battle of Tukayyid Participant Banner ...
Posted Image

.. and now I am heading home to PUGlandia, where I don't have to charge coordinated firing lines of Large Lasers Stalkers and BattleMasters (on Boreal of all maps) head-on, charge quirked Thunderbolts from point-blank range, etc.

Seriously, has Russ Bullock ever tried how it is to be pitted in team of random players against 10-12 premades in CW, with all what it entails? Is this his idea of "fun"?

All I can say towards the CW is: "No, thanks."

#2 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

Yeah those LL Stalkers are my favorite mech to run in CW other than Firestarters...
Boreal is the best map for it too...
And congrats

#3 Raistlic

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:05 PM

Ok, ok, I was deeply impressed by you, showing that you already have done the challenge! Gjwp! Now: What's your point?

#4 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

His point is quirks are OP. The reality is that most 12-mans don't even use those meta more than half the time. Someone in my unit brought his JR7-F instead of a FS9-x and I was just like...

Posted Image

It's not a a s***ty mech, but very underpowered vs a FS9-H/S/A. It's like bringing a brokencrow with only ballistics.

#5 Raistlic

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

You mean he made it through the whole challenge facing IS-mechs with insane op quirks and was only allowed to bring puny clan tech? Wow...that is so...just aweso...wow!

Edited by Raistlic, 26 April 2015 - 04:18 PM.

#6 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:21 PM

he spent A LOT of time playing this weekend?

#7 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:21 PM

View Postmartian, on 26 April 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

Seriously, has Russ Bullock ever tried how it is to be pitted in team of random players against 10-12 premades in CW, with all what it entails? Is this his idea of "fun"?

This is what Russ has said:
https://twitter.com/...196904873697281

FFS Russ I don't remember a single pug v pug game in all of my CW career, always group vs group or pug vs group. Don't even remember group vs pug.

#8 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:52 PM

Honestly, let me see an IS PUG earn that 50 points to be impressed.
It pretty much means nothing for Clans instant queue/match compared to the >45mins waiting IS SOLO/small groups are facing.

#9 Verkhne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

Russ only had a 10 minute wait?????

#10 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:07 PM

I understand that playing as an individual or small group against a 10-12 man is difficult, but anecdotally, it's no more fun to drop against Clan and have them spawn camp you with nothing but Timberwolves, Stormcrows, and Hellbringers either. The problem exists because of the ability of a premade to coordinate whereas a PuG is often completely disorganized. We've had it happen to us and we've done it to other teams, too.

Ultimately, I'd like to see some sort of ability to prevent or at least regulate how often the solo players and small groups get matched against 10-12 mans. I think we also need to have a mechanic that discourages spawn camping. I think if you figure that out, gameplay becomes a lot more interesting.

Edited by Gallowglas, 26 April 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#11 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:20 PM

View PostGallowglas, on 26 April 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

I understand that playing as an individual or small group against a 10-12 man is difficult, but anecdotally, it's no more fun to drop against Clan and have them spawn camp you with nothing but Timberwolves, Stormcrows, and Hellbringers either. The problem exists because of the ability of a premade to coordinate whereas a PuG is often completely disorganized. We've had it happen to us and we've done it to other teams, too.

Ultimately, I'd like to see some sort of ability to prevent or at least regulate how often the solo players and small groups get matched against 10-12 mans. I think we also need to have a mechanic that discourages spawn camping. I think if you figure that out, gameplay becomes a lot more interesting.

Disagree on the 'Difficult' part.

My an ALT account is running Clan.
Fast queue and match times.
Every single match I played >80 points.

And this when I can't even contribute properly when I only own two basic Crows + Trial Hellbringer and Trial Mad Dog for my clan CW drop deck.

In one match CW PUG clan team with MVP Commander klez even beat a full IS 12MAN.

Edited by ShinVector, 26 April 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#12 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

Not sure where this idea that all clan solo pugs are great and all IS solo pugs are awful comes from. If I had a c bill for every time a truly terrible teammate dropped in a DWF-B trial mech and did less than 100 damage, I would be able to afford my own DWF-B.

#13 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:06 PM

Change Stalkers and Thunderbolts for Timberwolves and Stormcrows and add 20-30 minutes to your queue time and you see how much fun it is for IS puggers. Every premade is just a wall of Timberwolves and if you cut through that, you run into a wall of Stormcrows.

#14 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

completed the challenge and then he/she went back to play with the pugs. that is dedication to pain

#15 Carpenocturn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

I'd like to put out a big thanks to PGI for their terribad set up and lack of planning or changes and special credit to,

MS
Spawn camping excellence at it's poorest! Always underachieve!

Edited by Carpenocturn, 26 April 2015 - 06:36 PM.

#16 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

This OP completed all matches with 80pts and fast drop times, while we on the IS side have longer waits and are more likely to get gen rushed and not make our 80 points after waiting .

All I can say is... meh.

#17 IceFire

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMercStar IX

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

View PostGallowglas, on 26 April 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

How to stop spawncamping.
3 Dropships. I'm talking the giant sphere MW4 ones that had like 8 PPCs and 8 Gauss Rifles and you needed 8 Assaults to kill ONE. Have those landed at the base. not dropping off like the current ones. Each time a dropship dies, that lance loses all its mechs (guess where they're stored)

BUT if you can manage to kill all three dropships, you win since no opponents! It'd be hard as balls but fair.

#18 Slimspadey101

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

Oh beautiful Warhawk! Will you be mine? The score is easy. The games required not so much. 3rd day of event and I have 12 points. Only 1 game didn't qualify. This was due to exceptional, play to win (disregard event) strategy by the clan unit and poor decision making on my part to combat it. There was also a game in progress when the server crashed but I'm not sure what happened with that. May have been counted idk.

Also, if you haven't played PUG vs PUG in CW then you don't drop solo very often. On the clan border specifically, in peak times I have dropped into many games with this arrangement.

#19 Cellinor

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:35 PM

I have had the chance to face off against several pug vs pug during this contest and it has been a blast. Only two of those were steamrolls (one win and one loss).

#20 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:36 PM

View PostIceFire, on 26 April 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

How to stop spawncamping.
3 Dropships. I'm talking the giant sphere MW4 ones that had like 8 PPCs and 8 Gauss Rifles and you needed 8 Assaults to kill ONE. Have those landed at the base. not dropping off like the current ones. Each time a dropship dies, that lance loses all its mechs (guess where they're stored)

BUT if you can manage to kill all three dropships, you win since no opponents! It'd be hard as balls but fair.

That aint a bad idea, but PGI would have to extend the base area to move them farther out of the main fighting areas. I have been throwing ideas about having a hanger in the base with well covered(read, pretty much invincible) uberpotent turrets that can not get LOS to shoot unless an enemy actually tried to get into the hanger. Doorway wide enough to allow a team to mostly move out together, and spawns behind the walls from the door. At least with something like that, a team trying to spawn camp the exit to the hanger would have to fight a whole tema of players prepared to actually shoot back. Wait, thats not spawn camping anymore then is it?

Giant dropship would be out in the boonies where the attackers spawn, and should be armed with instagank like you describe because the defenders have no reason to go out there unless they wanted to spawn camp. So if they try it, they get what they deserve in the form of T-T-Triple heavy dropship gauss at 1400M.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users