5 replies to this topic

#1 Deristul

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 19 posts
  • LocationGeorgia US

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

I gotta say, I've a whole new respect for you guys. I showed up only recently in CW after a somewhat long hiatus. I was unaware of the kind of fight you guys were putting forth.

This event has made it clear that Kurita can field a ****-ton of competent teams. What is your population? I mean damn, just damn.

At any rate, thanks now and in advance for your valiant effort on the front and its impact on the overall score. Looks like if we win Tukayiid it will be greatly due to your man power and excellent fighting.

Good hunting Kurita, give them the hell your known for across the inner sphere!

...and thanks from house Marik.

#2 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:04 PM

The irony is only lately have we had massive numbers. Started off with 2-3 elite units holding back 7 other factions lol. Ive been straight up MIA for a few weeks now but there is a strong sense of pride for what the house has achieved and my part in its success :)

#3 Target Noodle

• Pip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:35 PM

Thanks. Hope we can overcome the defenders disadvantage that is CW in time. We have some unit that can hold off the TBR/SCR clan objective rush. It just seems to my untrained eye that it's waaay easier to attack than defend.

#4 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

Yeah. The combine has seen a slow and steady growth, as it became more and more popular of a faction to join after the early CW hardships really battle-hardened us toward doing what it takes to win. I am also quite glad that this event has put into statistical light just how huge the three northern houses really are and how much battles vs the clans happen on a daily basis. If you've been gone for a long enough time you might not have heard about the Kurita/Marik conflict. Months ago, several big names in Marik honestly, truly and pridefully believed and spread the word around that their occaisional defensive skirmishes against clan border worlds were what was holding back the clans as the clans tore through an absent and non-present Kurita. We never heard the end of it; mocked all the time for having lost worlds to Smoke Jaguar. Marik went to war believing Kurita would lose countless worlds if they committed to fighting with Marik. Not until we were able to hold back the Marik 'invasion' while also keeping ground against the clans with little to no outside help was respect really given.

Edited by PerfectDuck, 29 April 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#5 Stormthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:30 PM

View PostDeristul, on 26 April 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

I gotta say, I've a whole new respect for you guys. I showed up only recently in CW after a somewhat long hiatus. I was unaware of the kind of fight you guys were putting forth.

This event has made it clear that Kurita can field a ****-ton of competent teams. What is your population? I mean damn, just damn.

At any rate, thanks now and in advance for your valiant effort on the front and its impact on the overall score. Looks like if we win Tukayiid it will be greatly due to your man power and excellent fighting.

Thanks for the compliment! keep on fighting the good fight. See you on the battlefield after Tukayyid ;)

Edited by Stormthorn, 29 April 2015 - 11:31 PM.

#6 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:01 AM

It also helped that we were able to come to an understanding with several prominent MERC units. Instead of both sides posturing (I was part of the problem at times) we finally focused our efforts away from total IS Warfare and went to clans almost exclusively. Don't get me wrong, I still want a few Davion planets (just as they want some of ours) ... but I think after reset we can stop the total war mess we all had going on.

View PostDeristul, on 26 April 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Take a 7 day tour of Kurita sometime. You don't have to stay but you can get a good sense of how we run battles against the clans. Especially the clan units most of whom are no joke to fight against. Even our "easy" wins often take a great deal of focus, organization, and effort.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users