Wuberact

19 replies to this topic

#1 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

So, I am satisfied with my in game testing, and bring to the masses: The WUBeract!

Phract 1x.
DHS
Endo
XL325
3x LPL
2x ML
Command Console
drop leg armor down into 40's
Fill rest of slots/tonnage with DHS

Modules: Target info gather, Radar Derp, laser rangex2(or ML cooldown if that floats your boat, but put that LPL range on!)

Results:

At mastery, it is agile, tough enough, 43 point pinpoint(close enough because of short duration) alpha. Runs cool enough to manage pretty easily. LPL range out past 400M with module and quirk. ML can reach out well past 300M mark without module. With cooldown module ML have 32% reduction in cooldown. IMO, if you like that go for it, I was happy with 20%.

Stick and move, don't lead the charge. Plays as close to a non jumping laser TBR as I have found if that indicates anything. Travel speed is close enough(about 10KPH slower), agility might be better. Can't facetank as well because hitbox isn't as good, but spreads dmg fine with mastery and good sized engine. A little lighter in alpha dmg, but also cooler IMO, easier to manage the heat and keep pressure on.

I set up triggers: (note, I use arm lock on this loadout and toggle off to aim at lights if need be)
1 alpha strike
2 shoulder LPL(put third LPL in right arm for convergence) for hill peeks
3 ML

This loadout has breathed new life into this old chassis for me, I was getting annoying HSR issues with my Illya loadouts, and frankly this new 1x loadout packs a good punch considering the engine size, and more importantly, doesnt require facetime for the dmg like a ballistics focused illya can. Despite the improved dmg spread ability, it is still quite easy to focus one part of a phract that is staring you down. Laser 1x mostly can avoid this issue.

I have run this in puglandia with great success, and 2 matches in CW now have proven its worth as a durable and violent fuzzball brute.

thought I would throw it out there, I actually prefer this thing to the wubberbolt loadouts, I think it is the range. Using LPL with that short duration(heavy but worth it) out past 400M is noteworthy.

EDIT: Oh almost forgot! that Command Console! it was partly a tonnage filler, but I used it in conjunction with target info gather. Drastic reduction in target time, and that makes a big difference in the fuzzball so you know where to stick'um right quick. Could run BAP and an AMS if desired. There is no room for more DHS without rework because of ENDO slot useage, but if you are determined to not use the CC, i am sure you will figure something out to suit you :)

Edited by Eldagore, 26 April 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#2 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

Sounds fun, might have to try it myself.

#3 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:48 PM

Did you shave the legs down to 40 just to fit the Command Console? :huh:

That seems...a very odd trade off.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0a12932e60b9b4e

#4 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:26 PM

Get rid of Command Console. It has literally no benefits. Same as TCs more than 1 or 2, after that it's eating space for no reason.

#5 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:41 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7563cc78a75cdc0

Upgrade those lasers to medium pulses.

#6 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:30 AM

Any phract with 2 large lasers as main will do good due to the high mount.

#7 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:11 AM

And then drop those MPLs for a LARGE WUB.

Edited by MikeBend, 28 April 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#8 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:28 AM

Ok- couple things:

I dropped leg armor because I have been legged in a phract exactly one time ever since open beta started, and it was because i took LRM damage that spread over my whole mech and an early version Arty bomb landed on it.

I use ML instead of MPL because of the additional 10% cooldown quirk, but mostly because the range matches MUCH better for the LPL.

Adding a 4th LPL means ghost heat alphas. Also your link is to a dragon.

I know CC is frowned upon, but I found tonnage for it and with the module on top it is over 60% reduction in target time. if you do not value that, there are certainly tweaks to fit everyone's style.

Mostly, I came up with this when I read a comment that it is impossible to laser boat a Cataphract. It is possible, and it is potent to boot.

#9 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:22 AM

Nice build, but I'd personally rather have a max XL340 engine instead of the CC.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c77ea8f12c5cccf

#10 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:27 AM

Sounds like you might as well have a 9SE or Jester. Heck, the BJ-1x can do it as good or better.

#11 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

View PostEldagore, on 27 April 2015 - 04:28 AM, said:

Also your link is to a dragon.

I have no idea how that got there, lol. Ment to be a 4 lpl phract, sorry.

As for boating, hell its possible to laserboat even Hunchback-4J, why not the Phract?

#12 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:11 PM

MEh, like others have said shaving leg armor and using a command console... lol. Also the 9SE has almost 500m range with LPL's. And a std and JJ and quirks for lpl...

Edited by lsp, 28 April 2015 - 02:17 PM.

#13 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:48 PM

I remember once upon a time when my STD335 CTF-1X with medium lasers and AC10 was a good build. Practically no other heavy mechs had that kind of speed, so you could run circles around almost anyone your size. And it was before the quirkening, when few smaller mechs were a big threat either. And 5 medium lasers felt like a big deal back then.

Then came the Timber Wolf and... well... now it seems heavy mechs with a 300+ engine rating are common as dirt. Gotta be fast to win the NASCAR.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 28 April 2015 - 02:50 PM.

#14 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:10 PM

might aswell try something like this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b55f5f78d92ad1a

3x LPL
1x uac5 (or ac5 with an extra heatsink)

edit: change the left arm for the right one as its on the same side of the ac

Edited by mark v92, 28 April 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#15 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:23 AM

XL engine is too fragile on a Phract IMO. I'd switch it to 300 Std and just use Triple LPLs. Reminds me of my old Quad LLaser 1X, before the suck that is known as Ghost Heat came along.

Those were some good times...

Edited by El Bandito, 29 April 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#16 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,377 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:44 AM

Other mechs seem to wub better, I'll stick to my 5 Large Laser 1X. Even then, unfortunately other mechs quirk it better. -_-

#17 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:47 AM

FYI, people should stop including the following advice "don't lead the charge".

It only encourages tentative play and hiding behind rocks for abnormal periods of time, and it's an admission that your skill revolves around your teammates getting shot, rather than advocating for maneuvering into superior firing positions or trying to catch someone off guard.

You're a heavy mech, and you're sort of expected to move around corners at some point during the match. Sometimes there are guys waiting for you, sometimes you get the drop on someone.

But for God's sake, please stop telling people to not lead the charge.

Edited by Ursh, 29 April 2015 - 01:50 AM.

#18 BurninFinger

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:00 AM

View PostUrsh, on 29 April 2015 - 01:47 AM, said:

It only encourages tentative play and hiding behind rocks for abnormal periods of time, and it's an admission that your skill revolves around your teammates getting shot, rather than advocating for maneuvering into superior firing positions or trying to catch someone off guard.

You're a heavy mech, and you're sort of expected to move around corners at some point during the match. Sometimes there are guys waiting for you, sometimes you get the drop on someone.

Because that's fer us to do;) thats how i kick ass...i get into other people's fights. of course that's just my instinct as a light pilot, even if i'm rolling something heavy.

#19 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:26 AM

View PostEldagore, on 26 April 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

.. snip

You lost me at Command Console.

You should feel ashamed! Dishonorbruuu ...

Edited by Novawrecker, 29 April 2015 - 03:28 AM.

#20 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostUrsh, on 29 April 2015 - 01:47 AM, said:

This needed a second "Like", so here it is

+ Like

You have armor for a reason. Use some of it ffs.

Edited by Almond Brown, 29 April 2015 - 11:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users