Off Top: What Other Games Are My Friends Playing?

23 replies to this topic

#1 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:24 AM

So, what other games have some of my pals been checking out lately?

I hear Star Citizen, but can't really wrap my head around what their pay model is quite yet. Anything else promising out there these days?

#2 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:50 PM

What else are you up to guys? I can start a dl now that I'm off of work, really have very little interest in further time allotted to this event.

#3 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

Heavy Gear looks interesting, I guess by the guys behind Mektek.

#4 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:55 PM

Oops! I backed Heavy Gear and didn't follow their progress. Actually, I also backed Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous... and played both just once. I guess with two small children I have time for only one game, and it is MWO.

#5 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

Heavy Gear Assault. I'm an old HG2 online player. Can't wait until this thing is out in release. It is the best of the mech genre in my opinion. I love me some mechwarrior, and battletech tabletop cannot be beat, but as far as mech FPS, Heavy Gear takes the cake.

#6 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

Heavy gear is in playable alpha. One of those buy in to play models, but they are already holding sponsored tournaments so it would seem like they are fairly stable and in decent shape.

#7 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:59 PM

Mostly solo 4X games. Only other MP games I still play are some Diablo 3 and Killing Floor, soon to also be Killing Floor 2.

#8 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:12 PM

Cities:Skylines, Deus EX:HR, Rust, Evolve, XCom: EU

#9 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:26 AM

View PostVXJaeger, on 27 April 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

Cities:Skylines...

A man with a refined taste. o7

#10 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:32 AM

Assetto Corsa (~700h)
ArmA 3 (~1100h)
Watch Dogs (negligible amount)
Stalker Call of Pripyat Sigerous Mod 2.2 (~500-600h)
Wavelab/Cubase (not enough time in there, otherwise some things might have advanced further^^)

#11 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:46 AM

try
-Star Citizen
-Elite Dangerous
-Pillars of Eternity

some great classics:
-Fallout New Vegas
-Deus Ex

paymodel for Star citizen is: you buy a game pack and play, later expansions and voluntary vanity micropayment stuff... its still in alpha but has strangely more content than MWO... you can buy larger ships for real money if you dont want to work your way to larger ones...

#12 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:50 AM

GTA5

Mortal Kombat (great for when short on time, fast loads, quick fights)

Heroes of the storm

Payday 2

Guild Wars 2 (waiting for expac)

#13 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:13 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 28 April 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:

A man with a refined taste. o7

That bloody &%¤"%#& traffic is testing boundaries of my sanity...

#14 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:23 AM

Im still a noob, fiddling around with my 1st city, but try elevated pedestrian ways.

They really work wonders. At least for cities up to a moderate (25K) size.

They are certainly no mere decoration.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 28 April 2015 - 01:23 AM.

#15 EldenLance

• PipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:02 AM

I play Xenonauts in alt+tab while waiting for drop. If you're a fan of classic X-com then you absolutely have to try it.

P.S. I must say that the battle of Tukayyid have advanced my progress dramatically.

#16 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:37 AM

WarThunder for me. Took a break from that to come here... now taking a break from here to go back there.

#17 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:59 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 28 April 2015 - 12:32 AM, said:

Wavelab/Cubase (not enough time in there, otherwise some things might have advanced further^^)

Cubase is a pain in the as$ - I use Ableton Live 9 - this is where I usually spend my non-gaming time - with my synths or wandering with a field recorder. Many time's I'll do both at the same time.

S.C. looked very interesting, haven't played a space flight sim in a long time - think Wing Commander/X-wing days - it just wasn't really clear if it was a sub + buy-in model or what exactly but I might give it a whirl if its going to be a f2p system.

I'll probably check that and Heavy Gear out shorty, both sound pretty interesting.

--
Elden I'm glad you are enjoying this game, for me I've been around since closed beta and seen essentially no progress made in the 2 years its been in development, and am nearing the point that I don't see them doing anything to actually further the game. I still enjoy parts of the game, mostly just running around with my friends - but am at a total loss for the complete lack of advancement the development team has produced since closed beta.

Will they surprise me and turn it around? Who knows, but I guess I'm not really counting on it at this point as the two leaders have disconnected from the community seemingly more than when it was still being co-ran by IGP.

#18 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:17 AM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 28 April 2015 - 02:37 AM, said:

WarThunder for me. Took a break from that to come here... now taking a break from here to go back there.

Also looked at that, looks like a cool game but I'm not so much into RL type war sims myself.

Just waiting on the SC confirmation email and I'll give that a whirl, debating the Heavy Gear alpha still it does look promising and has a lot of stuff the MWo skipped right over.

#19 Marodeur

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBraunschweig, Germany

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:15 AM

If you like round based tactics with a mixture of econemy and science, play xcom enemy unknown. Really good game. If you like xcom enemy unknown, play the mod xcom enemy unknown "long war". It really gives the xcom game a completely new depth and adds so much new to the game. New soldier and mech classes, new and better organized enemies with new abilities and commanders, new eqipment, new sciences to invent etc.. The enemy is evolving based on their progress. So they have an own econemy and science progress based on their econemy too. And it is really good for xcom veterans that play the normal xcom game easily in the hard mode... but without giving the enemy unfair advantages like it is in the hardest mode in standard xcom.

#20 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:04 AM

X-com does look like a pretty well done game, pvp in the rts format has never really grabbed me though.

When is Killing Floor 2 supposed to come out? I hate to buy the first one and the next one drops a month or two later. XD

Edited by sycocys, 30 April 2015 - 07:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users