Fresh Cadet And Event Discounts.

5 replies to this topic

#1 IlDuca

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

Hi everybody! (Hi doctor nick!)
So I just approached this game and ended my cadet bonus when suddenly event's discount jumped on my face!
I saw all these shiny and over painted hero mech(which I'm interested to buy to get a little cbill boost).
For your information my budget would be 3600mc and I find very enjoyable my Stormcrw Prime.
I have a basic knowledge of the roles of lights/medium/heavy/assault and I like being flexible on the battleground.
I'm totally new to the Battletech universe but I already have a certain sympathy for Clantech.
Now i'd like to ask few questions to more seasoned pilots.

1)Is it a good idea to take a medium and a light instead of a heavy (cbill bonus wise)?
2)Are there in your opinion hero mechs which i should not go wrong in buying(enjoyable and not too unforgiving)?(I know it's a hard question and very vague).

Fell free to answer I will not accuse anyone for my eventual purchase I just would like to hear whatever opinion more expert people may have.

Thank you. :)

#2 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

If you like the Stormcrow Prime's stock loadout with its lasers, then the Griffin hero Sparky is a good choice. You'll need to invest in an XL engine (in the 280-325 range) for it to really shine. The Griffin has several other good variants, too, that you'll need to master the chassis.

Here's my Sparky build: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4e2419307f8a74c

#3 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:43 PM

Unfortunately, all the hero mechs right now are IS tech only so as a clanner you can't take them into cw. You can still play in the regular que with them though and that is a great place to grind cbills. I will second he griffin hero as a good IS stand in for a stormcrow prime and it even can carry jumpjets. All of the light Heros are excellent mechs in my opinion (I am primarily a light pilot) but I don't have personal experi ice with the oxide or huggin, just hearsay. As a newer player looking into lights I would lean toward the firestarter or the spider as they both have good competitive variants as well when you start leveling them out. My personal favorite hero is the Death's Knell, but Commandos are a tough light to start in. Others will probably recommend the shadowhawk as a solid medium and the hunchback is also a solid choice. As a disclaimer I am a mech collector so I would fall on the buy as many as your money will allow side as opposed to getting one heavier mech.

#4 IlDuca

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:40 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 28 April 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

As a disclaimer I am a mech collector so I would fall on the buy as many as your money will allow side as opposed to getting one heavier mech.

I have the same tendencies...
I am leaning toward the firestarter and hunchback myself but i like a lot the shadowhawk and the griffin too!
Thank you for your opinion...chioches choiches.

#5 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:39 PM

All of those are good choices. I don't think you will go wrong with any of hem.

#6 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

View PostIlDuca, on 29 April 2015 - 02:40 AM, said:

I have the same tendencies...
I am leaning toward the firestarter and hunchback myself but i like a lot the shadowhawk and the griffin too!
Thank you for your opinion...chioches choiches.

If I had to pick any Mech to start with, out of all of them it would be the Hunchback.
It has a variant for every Flavour of weapon system out there. You Want Multi-coloured Laser Vomit? HBK-P has all your needs covered. You want to Lob LRM's? HBK-4J. Big Gun your Kinda thing? HBK-4G.

They are middle of the road in weight class at 50 Tons, which is a sweet spot for me in terms of Firepower and Mobility on a Medium.

I think honestly they are your best bet.

-ST

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users